• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job on the roselia chain mephisto!

I found my first shiny misdreavus a while ago. My timid syncher work, and it's female. Not sure about the ivs. Will check 'em later.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Chaining Lickitungs, 43 so far and 2 shinies. My chain almost broke twice.Once I entered a 1-patch by accident, and then I had a shiny patch on 1 too..... my second shiny was very tough, there were three glowing patches in a row and one of them was shiny, but i kinda forgot which one was it, for some weird reason.I took randomly the middle one and it was luckily the second shiny Lickitung.
I'm so happy! Last time i chained something successfully was ages ago, in early march, methinks..

Mephisto

Banned
Good job on the roselia chain mephisto!

I found my first shiny misdreavus a while ago. My timid syncher work, and it's female. Not sure about the ivs. Will check 'em later.

Congrats!

I might try Murkrow later (don't have Pearl) cause I always hated Roselias!

Caught 2 shiny Bronzor with the Pokeradar, before my finger slipped and chain broke. Damn...damn...damn

EDIT: Oh I do not believe this...I forgot to save the second one...

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Gahh....

PokInfinity

Seriously
Congrats on Roselia, Misdreavus, Natu and Lickitung Mephisto, shiny arceus, kirkeastment and Tyr!

Shiny Pichu no3 appeared.

Lucky you, I can't get any success in the Trophy garden.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Chaining for Drowzee again, I'm around 18 on this current chain.

EDIT: Broke at 25

Last edited:
Plan on re-chaining Bronzor. Though right now, I just can't be bothered. Not like its hard. And my lone Relaxed Zor had flawless speed...why...

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
If anyone's having trouble chaining, check out my guides.
It's put into 2 parts since youtube was being stupid. Part 1
Part 2

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
Darn! I can't get a good one chaining for shinies!

I was chaining for a snubbull a while ago, and I was up to chain 21, then I moved up and suddenly it got cut off! Arrggghhh...I have been very careful this time but still to no success on my part. Still have not been able to chain a shiny. My best today, 21! I feel like giving up. (sigh).

good luck for me!

akillakai

I was wondering, if you use the Static ability to chain electrics, would it matter if the pokemon with static is knocked out?

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
Darn! I can't get a good one chaining for shinies!

I was chaining for a snubbull a while ago, and I was up to chain 21, then I moved up and suddenly it got cut off! Arrggghhh...I have been very careful this time but still to no success on my part. Still have not been able to chain a shiny. My best today, 21! I feel like giving up. (sigh).

good luck for me!

need some help or tips? check out my guides Part 1
Part 2

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Mephisto, for your method, only the patches in Zone 1 and Zone 4 have to be lined up vertically, correct? As long as the patches in Zones 2 and 3 are not in the same horizontal or vertical line, it doesn't matter where they are in relation to the patches in Zone 1 and 4?

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Err..kind of running out of targets. Almost all of my most-wants are the harder ones to chain such as the dongle Pokemon. I'm chaining Buizel, currently on 27, if this works out maybe I'll go after Meditite or Murkrow again.

jaxonferz

i must be doing something wrong because my largest chain is 12 and my only shinies are from my emerald(whismur) and my leafgreen(dodrio)

Just now as I was chaining Starlys at a chain of 8 a shiny patch appeared at the edge but I went in to it anyway. It broke my chain but I am really happy! :) She is a female Calm and Proud of its power. Right now I am chaining for another shiny starly.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Mephisto, for your method, only the patches in Zone 1 and Zone 4 have to be lined up vertically, correct? As long as the patches in Zones 2 and 3 are not in the same horizontal or vertical line, it doesn't matter where they are in relation to the patches in Zone 1 and 4?

It's in my sig. I had actually found that out before him. I spent a week doing only research.

Status
Not open for further replies.