• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catchphrases

Catchphrase?

• Yes

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • What?

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Do you have any personal catchphrases that you always say?
Do you have a line from a movie or online video that you wish everyone knew?
Discuss them here.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I say "fudge" in replacement of the f-word when in a public place and wish to abide by the public's wishes of not having to hear a teenager cussing his *** off.

Profesco

gone gently
I make a habit of saying "no worries" a lot. The phrase comes in handy for so many conversation situations.

Oh, lol. I guess I sort of have a catchphrase here. Whenever I close a bumped thread, I always say, "Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!" :p

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Mine was a complete accident, it is my custom title: "Hey, Yes It Is, What?"

Oh, lol. I guess I sort of have a catchphrase here. Whenever I close a bumped thread, I always say, "Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!" :p

Profesco missed! Profesco kept going and crashed! Profesco banned eventhoughmodscan'tban!

Poor Profesco...

Anyway, I don't have a catchphrase (At least, not to my knowledge,) but a lot of them are tolerable... I feel weird that I find Mr. Mackey's (South Park) catchphrase amusing. Also like Homer Simpson's catchphrase.

Do the catchphrases have to be from movies/online vids? Feels limited considering all the sitcoms with people with catchphrases. Oh, got any cheese?

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Ever since I played Left 4 Dead 2, I kept saying "oh my god/omg". Not because of Usher's lame song, omg.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
My most recent would be "damn it, not shiny". I'm trying to MM a shiny Zorua, no luck yet.

Mine is "I'm going to kick you in the face!" As in, "Don't you touch my DS! I'll kick you in the face!" I always get a line such as "You can't reach my face" in return because I'm a little on the short side, so it doesn't typically work in my favor.

fixthe_fernback

I am a fic-man
I have several, so heres a list...

"Looks like a man (or whatever I'm referring to) I could be a best friend with"
"Dumnit" (like a compound version of D*mnit and Dumb"
"Du" (prounced "deeuee" meaning "duh". just making fun of a friend's bad spelling)
"Dagnobit" (several people have called me Hank Hill when I say this. lol)
" 'lo " (an abbreviation of "hello")
some use of the made-up word "fekk" it means to own someone, pretty much.
"Let's fekk 'em up!"

I think thats all of 'em...

I do have some that I slip into conversations (usually Harry Potter references). "Bloody Hell" is probably what I use the most, probably with "Mothertrucker", "Fudge" and "Son of a banshee" (Harry Potter Puppet Pals reference) coming close second.

Also, in religion tests/exams my motto is:
When in doubt, the answer is Jesus.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
i don't think it counts as a catchphrase but i cant stop saying 'LOLZ!'
It sure does!
Do the catchphrases have to be from movies/online vids? Feels limited considering all the sitcoms with people with catchphrases. Oh, got any cheese?
No, they don't have to be from specifically those, just anything that you find funny as a catchphrase.

Last edited:

Shuam

righteous
I've been known to use the phrase "Sure thing" a tad more often than necessary.

Same here bro. Whenever my boss asks me to do something I respond with a "Sure thing, boss."

I basically get a new word every week too. This week I'm saying gnarly, but pronouncing the g.