• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

EmeraldDragon said:
I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *

omg me too, all i could think was: holy crap, it's godzilla vs. mothra pokemon style

Reece

This was a great episode. Giant Pokemon and evolution are always entertaining.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
OMG Poke-steroids! =O

This episode kinda sucked, but for a filler it was OK.

Faerie

MONS
Eh. Pretty good eppy overall, although it could have been better. The Sabonea thing was hilarious. C'mon Kojirou, you knew you had it coming. But 'Mysterious Candy' was obviously a mistranslation of what clearly should have been 'Rare Candy'. 4Kids can do better than that.

I wonder when we'll start seeing the episodes dubbed by PUSA.

Medea

Excalibur
Hmm, I was right, I did post here last year (before my nervous breakdown)

But anyways, I wasn't too fond of this episode. As I said back last September, this episode seemed way too much like Gulpin it Down and it wasn't a good episode either. Although, I will say that I like Doctor Gordon. He seemed weird in a good way (the way I like it).

fhqwhgads

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
fhqwhgads said:
And how did Caterpie have a dilemma?
Usage problem: Dilemma used to mean that there was a problem with two solutions, both of which sucked. Now people sometimes use it merely to mean "problem." Darn it, if they mean "problem," they should just use the word "problem."

By the way, how is your username pronounced, if it is at all? Or does it stand for something?

Caterpie is so cute! But I wasn't a fan of Dr. Gordon's voice. Other than that, eh.

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
I honestly laughed at the fact that Officer Jenny ignored the damage done to the radio tower.

Yes, it's okay to destroy a city with a pokemon as long as you say sorry and your not EVIL!!

BUHAHAHA!! Come Delcatty let us destroy the DAM!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked this episode. I didn't have high hopes going into it, but I ended up enjoying the episode. A lot of it definitely had to do with Dr. Gordon and Team Rocket (in that order, which is highly unusual for me). Not that Xander and his caterpie/metapod/butterfree weren't interesting, but the doctor and TR made the show. Here are my two cents:

-- Yay, hugshipping's confirmed! :D I didn't miss the hearts in Cacnea's eyes when it squashed James. Okay, that sounds just plain weird. LOL But that scene was great. Interesting that it didn't go to hug James until then.
-- Dr. Gordon has got to be the best hostage, human or pokemon, Team Rocket's ever had. Not only doesn't he freak out after Team Rocket take off with him (there's been a few too many characters who freak out for no good reason, like those cutsie nidorans in that OI episode), but he's perfectly calm riding on Dustox and falling through the air. LOL, either that doctor's on something or he's EXTREMELY confident he'll be saved. :D Either way, that was a very refreshing difference. That was the best non-professor (or unofficial professor) in a lab coat I've seen since Seymour and Westwood V.
-- I liked that nearly all of Team Rocket's pokemon got to do something in this motto (poor Chimecho just got its motto cameo). Wobbuffet got the mystery candies, Cacnea battled and grew huge, Dustox had a great battle and lots of screentime, and Seviper fought well in the lab. Awesome. :)
-- Interesting that even with an Officer Jenny in the mix, and a mix of comedy and drama, there was no Brock romance in this episode.
-- I loved the animatronic Jigglypuff microphone and Dr. Gordon accidentally making himself fall asleep. I also liked all of Team Rocket and the doctor being confused after the supersonic attack.

Overall, 8.5/10. Now bring on the haircut!!!

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
It's a good thing Misty wasn't in this episode. She would be easily freaked out by the giant Caterpie because of her bug phobia.

Battra

I always like it when Pokemon pays homage to the Kaiju Eiga, also Butterfree and Dustox are 2 of my favorite bug pokemon.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
I'm training a Butterfree in one of my Fire Red games, this bug is a BEAST when I taught it Dream Eater - Sleep Powder = Spore with Compoundeyes +30% boost to accuracy + 100 Psychic-type Absorb attack equals 1HK0 to anything at MIRAKLE's level or lower(MIRAKLE is the name I gave that Butterfree).

It's nice to see the goofy butterfly return after being shunned in Hoenn.

Battra

Let's see how many giant monster movies have been parody in this episode:

1. Caterpie eating a mysterious candy and growing to giant size is taken from The Amazing Colossal Man, 50 ft Woman, and very other American giant monster on the lose films.

2. Caterpie rampaging through the city and coming to rest upon a tower, taken from the original Mothra movie.

3. Butterfry vs. Dustox is taken from the fight seen between Adult Mothra and Adult Battra in Godzilla vs. Mothra: battle for the Earth.

I really enjoyed seeing this episode again, the Professor definitely had mad scientist written all over him. I really loved that Jigglypuff microphone that he made seeing the Jigglypuff that has put our hero's to sleep so many times in a little homage.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
You know I actually liked this episode, not sure why but I just did.
Liked the battle between Butterfree and Dustox, pity it wasn't longer and that that hadn't been an Beedrill/Beautifly who ate them too (Had anyone been expecting Wobbafuet to eat the Mystery candy?)

One thing: What is it with the Jennys? They say the bad guys are under arrest but then Ash sends his Pikachu to blast Team Rocket off and she's fine with it? Uh Officer, they just ESCAPED JAIL! I think they would prefer blasting off to jail (Aleast in one of the early episodes they actually did get taken to jail but broke out)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

Agreed, that's all this really was =\

Definitely one of my least favorite episodes ever. 100% worthless and boring.