1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

My opinion off Xander is kinda skewed. His name is awesome, and so is his hair. But as a character, he bores me somewhat. Caterpie and all of its little mannerisms were cute as hell, though. Dustox appearances are always excellent too.

2. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I'm kinda surprised they showed this, what with Caterpie knocking over a building and all. Isn't that why they banned "Tentacool and Tentacruel"?

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I loved how whimsical Dr. Gordon was, and some of his inventions seemed pretty amazing. The fact that Zenkichi's Caterpie ate the Mystery Candy pieces that got dropped and grew to enormous proportions was entertaining, especially since it evolved twice as well. Sabonea and Dokucale growing huge like Zenkichi's Caterpie was so much fun, too.

4. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

By the way, why was the Rare Candy called Mystery Candy in this episode? Did 4Kids just screw up or was that not the same item?

5. Zamin

Zamin Well-Known Member

This was an awesome episode, it was great to meet the adorable Caterpie and it was an interesting story once it grew massive, I was not expecting that to happen.

6. Leonhart

It was "Rare Candy" in the Japanese version. Apparently the English dubbed version simply didn't acknowledge that the item had an English name in the games, so they mistakenly kept the item's Japanese name (Mystery Candy) here.

7. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

It looks like Ash still likes Caterpie judging by his look at the beginning. Good thing the writers have May using her Pokedex on old Pokemon now, when Ash does that it makes him look really dumb.

8. Leonhart

He never got over the species from my point of view since it was his first capture. I was glad when we saw how giddy he got when he met this other Caterpie.

Daizy likes this.