• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This was a fun episode. It reminds me of Ash's Butterfree. But, yeah I had lots of fun watching this. I love giant Pokemon.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It was nice to see Caterpie again, even it was only for a short time.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
From here the animation was different, i loved the new animation.

And Zender was pretty shy, i loved him.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No no no, I was not impressed by this so-called Caterpie episode at all. Caterpie is always a delight, but a giant mutated version isn't as awesome as it sounds. I disliked the dub error with the Rare Candy and how they goofed and called it "Mystery Candy". It's like 4Kids stopped trying to dub at that point. The overall animation was nothing to brag about either. Apart from the evolution, this wasn't too good. 2/10.

Last edited:
This was pretty exciting, but they could have done much more collateral damage fighting TR, don't you think?

The only thing I found really messed up was how quickly Caterpie went from Caterpie to Butterfree. Really, it might as well have skipped Metapod altogether; that's practically the same thing as what happened.

Awesome! Caterpie made another appearance again! Somehow, it looked even cuter when it was large.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Great episode!!! Good to see the episode focussed on a Caterpie

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... What a wacky episode. It was cool to see Giant Pokemon. The inventions were really bizarre especially since more of them don't work. It was funny to see Cacnea hug James and cause him to hit the pavement. It was cool to finally see Rare Candy discussed in the Anime.

20/100

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I thought it was funny they had Caterpie evolve twice in one episode.
Is this the first time, this happened?

Vernikova

Champion
Not a good episode. I don't need to list why that is the case though. It just was. They ruined a Caterpie episode which is something unimaginable. The filler characters were equally terrible in all regards.

Oh, so the "Mystery Candy" was supposed to be Rare Candies? Cool!
I guess I'm used to seeing their in-game sprites as a wrapped up piece of candy.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Glad to see rare candies get some form of a cameo, even if they were enhanced rare candy.
Also glad to see a butterfree again. Brings back memories of the original series with Ash's butterfree.

JudySpell

Banned
I liked seeing Caterpie evolve twice in one episode even if the plot was weird as heck. I think this was the first time we've seen a double evolution for 1 Pokemon. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww the boy's Caterpie was so adorable and I thought it was amusing how it tied Ash's group up with string hee hee. The scientist was funny as well and I liked how the giant Caterpie evolved twice here. ^^

My favorite scene: watching the giant Caterpie evolve twice. This was a filler episode, but one that had tons of laughable moments.