• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Caterpie's Big Dilemma

Enroute to Saffron City, Ash & Co. meet up with a professor who has been studying a Caterpie and it's evolutions, however in his experiments he has made the Caterpie and thus it's evolutions, giant sized. Team Rocket however have snuck in and decided to make their Pokémon increase in size to steal Pokémon. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Medea

Excalibur
Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters)
seeings how the the plot has been used time and time again in pokemon way before Gulpin it down. So as serebii said before it doesn't matter about the plot being rehashed its the way it's executed since Gulpin it Down seemed good enough for people to disregard all the other episodes about giant pokemon harming the city.
The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory.
i dont get it. people complain that the episode titles reveal way too much and are bland but, when they do something creative they completly bash it.

W

watchermark

I have to know... is Dustox still with Jessie, or has it made it's exit?

JazzJazz

Churly said:
Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree

Nah, not possible, the apocalypse isn't here yet...

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
On BMG, Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree and Dustox DID NOT leave.
Where? not that i don't believe you but, I've been on the site and I'm still looking for where he said that.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
That the writers actually remembered something Ash did years ago.

greatfire

Rainbow Trainer
This episode is another pointless filler. The only plot-related event that happened is that they are finally in Saffron.
The mysterious thing about the evolution is that Caterpie evolved into Metapod because it climbed into Saffron Tower and evolved into Butterfree just by sitting at the top of it (well, more exactly in the middle because the upper part was destroyed due to the extra weight) and it was marvelous because of the size of the pokemon but that is all.
The only funny moment was when Giant Cacnea tried to embrace James and instead crushed him... well, it is not really that funny but this episode is boring.

V Faction

www.faction.com
For those who felt giant Butterfree and Dustox were a little wonky, I suggest you read this. Long, but a good read.

The only thing good was Cacnea's James smoosh.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This episode had scary resemblance to that episode of "Krypto the Superdog" where the lizard used a growth ray on a Caterpiller to make it a bigger meal. Big bug going down the streets and stuff.

It was relatively bad filler. Cacnea crushing james into the pavement was funny but beyond that, meh.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I just saw the pics of the episode. I'm sorry. I want to say its cool because of Butterfree, but I can't. It looks like a major snooze-fest. This title could have been used for something more appropriate.

JazzJazz

jolteonjak said:
This title could have been used for something more appropriate.

Could the same not also be same for the time & effort of the writers/animators?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Saw the first 4 pages of pictures and left the rest. Too boring. I don't think I should waste my time watching this one.

FigmentJedi

Cascade Trainer
I see a Mothra reference in the case of Caterpie evolving to Metapod on Saffron Tower. It parallels the Mothra larva's metamorphisis at Tokyo Tower in the 1961 Mothra film...