• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

GoldenNoctowl77

Back in Business!
I'm having trouble deciphering what the heck Dr. Gordon is talking about during the scene where he looks up to the video monitor on his head and it shows a car. For those of you that are really good with Japanese, what is going on there?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yamato-san said:
in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).
Read "Brave New World". Utopia is only for the highest class.

Seems like a big ripoff of not only "The Evolution Solution", but "Gulpin it Down" as well! When will the writers do something unique for us for once?!

My Dub title prediction:

Evolution Control Freak

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
So what were Ash's exact words when/if he recalled his own Butterfree

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
It was ok for a filler. I wouldn't be surprised if 4Kids banned the episode when it comes to the US - considering Caterpie destroyed what looks like Tokyo Tower...

~Scott;229;

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was kind of cool. I thought the part with giant Cacnea flattening James was hilarious. IMO, this episode had several opportunities for a couple of Boss Fantasies.

I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *

The music in this episode was nice, if nothing else. Particularly when Metapod evolved.

Talking of Metapod, though.....Oh GOSH did it change for the worse. It sounds incredibly forced, and far too nasally. Good thing Metapod appearances are few and far between.

My opinion on Xander is kinda skewed. His name is awesome, and so is his hair. But as a character, he bores me somewhat. And his voice was terrible ._.

Caterpie's voice was adorable, and all of its little mannerisms were cute as well.

Dustox appearances are always excellent, of course. Even better, the latter half of the episode focused strongly on it.

Dr. Gordon annoyed me, tbh =/ His voice was horrendous, and his lines were really redundant.

Overall rating:
6.8 out of 10

Another filler, basically. There were some good moments, but that's not enough to save the episode =/

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

pwn3d91

Munchlax is greedy
I thought it was okay not too great, but what I want to know is what happened to cacnea? They never showed james call it back into it's pokeball, and it was just never shown again, I was hoping it would evolve

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
LOL @ Ash and Brock intently listening to May's Pokedex on info about Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree.

All I say is thank god that May has a Pokedex. If she didn't have one, we'd have Ash looking up all these old Pokemon, and you'd know how ****ed up that would be. At least with May it makes sense, since she's never seen these Pokemon before.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Doc Jordon had the same voice as Prof Cosmos.

About the only thing that save this episode from total medicorety is Canea embedding James into the pavement.

halloweenghost

Dark Absol said:
Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

Cacnea was recalled it was just off screen when james was running away he was carrying his pokeball.

But I thought it was a good episode,.. reminded me alot of the first season.. I loved it when Cacnea rolled on James,.. he was like... I love you too......

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I have no idea why everybody hates this episode so much. I mean, sure, it's not as good as "Tentacool and Tentacruel" or "Gulpin It Down" which bear similarities, but it sure as hell is better than that Psyduck filler a few weeks ago IMO. It had an interesting battle that I only wished lasted longer. Metapod's evolution felt a little forced and rushed, and if Caterpie did not want to hurt anybody, it could have stayed in the bloody forest surrounding the labs instead of knocking down bridges and towers in the town, but oh well. But other than tat, this episode did nothing too wrong.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Nice to see Caterpie again, I suppose.

Nice how the doctor kept saying something like "...or so they say." at the end of many sentences. Gives him more character.

They said in the episode that Caterpie didn't want to cause much destruction to the city so it went to that tower before it evolved. Actually, staying in the forest sounds like a better idea to me. Besides, I was thinking it went to that huge tower to evolve because it wanted something proportionally bigger than a tree.

Also, Metapod evolved really fast. I knew it would happen, but c'mon... Sure, Metapod evolve fast, but not in half an hour or whatever that was, right? They kinda throw Ash's Metapod's quick evolution in our face by doing this. I hope it had something to do with those crazy steroid-like vitamins it had eaten. o_O

Anyway, nice to see Dustox. It had lots of good airtime this episode.

Yeah. 7/10.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I guess the best part about this fiasco was Giant Cacnea crushing James. Other than that, there was nothing special about it. Luckily its over with...