• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caught pokemon given too the wrong trainer

Vernikova

Champion
I feel that Misty should have received Totodile instead of Ash. In Johto, Misty had a plain team you could say with Togepi, Corsola, etc. I think that Totodile could've devolped better with Misty after Johto because she of her position of Gym Leadet. Now Totodile stays at Proffesor Oak's not doing much.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I honestly dont think any pokemon should have gone to a different trainer. They all seem to fit nicely.

dudleyspud

Master of Disguise
Maybe Mamoswine could have gone to Brock and as soon as it evolved he would have been able to tame it due to his abilities as a breeder.

In short I don't think Brock or Misty should have starters. Ash and May already have too many, and I would be surprised if Dawn gets once some time soon.

Gizadude

Well Mudkip with Ash since it did hardly anything under Brock, Corphish could have been given to Brock in its place and could have kept is oddball personality.

Squirtle to Misty so and Ash could have used Krabby as his main Water Pokemon throughout Kanto and switched to Lapras for the Orange Islands.

Thats all I can think of for now.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Why do you people discourage the writers thinking outside the box!?! Mamoswine is Dawn's most interesting pokemon by far these days, Happiny is well suited to the supporting cameos Brock's pokemon receive, and the writers have put in a lot of effort to make sure each trainer has a range. I just don't get why this thread exists

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
Dont know

Don't know if any one else said this, but Pokemon wouldn't be the same if things wern't like they were.

On-Topic-
Croagunk- Ash

Thats all I would change.

bulb182

Charmander should have gone to Brock.

Misty should have won totodile.

They are the only major complaints I have

EDIT:
I know there would be MAJOR plot changes if Ash didnt get Charizard, sooo.... i think i should have caught a wild charmeleon that listened to him for a while but then stopped obeying him after one of his (many) undeserved gym badges.

Last edited:

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
May should've gotten Snorunt >> Froslass
Then Eevee >> Espeon
But the whole "darks & psychics =//= main character" thing didn't allow that :/

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Eevee >> Espeon
But the whole "darks & psychics =//= main character" thing didn't allow that :/

Glaceon displeases you? I don't see why- I think it fits May best of all the Eeveelutions, and if we weren't going to see it evolved until DP then it makes the most sense

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash getting Turtwig is the only thing i call foul on this region.

Personally I think they should've had Brock catch it and gave Ash Chimchar from the getgo instead of making us go through the conflict of Paul releasing it and having him get it that way since it mimic'ed Charmander's backstory to a T.

It's not like Ash needs Grotle either, it's inferior to Paul's torterra in every way possible and will never be as strong as it either.

I don't care what Brock or Dawn get in all honesty, heck you could give Brock a Gible and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Charmander - Brock
Tauros - Brock
Gligar - Brock
Mudkip - Ash

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
Why does everyone want Charmander to go to Brock?. What the hell is wrong with all of you?

Totodile-Misty
Turtwig-Brock
Gligar-Brock
Croagunk-Ash

~Upsidedown 403~

Pidgeotto, Primeape - Brock
Misty - Totodile

Ash lied about visiting Pidgeot, and hasn't come to see Primeape either...
Totodile is sitting to rot at professor Oaks....

Champion Jared 14

Pidgeotto, Primeape - Brock
Misty - Totodile

Ash lied about visiting Pidgeot, and hasn't come to see Primeape either...
Totodile is sitting to rot at professor Oaks....
Hmm, I can't help to think I agree...when's the last time Ash had a fighting type?? I wish he'd use types that aren't so heroish, like dragon, dark, psychic...