1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Caution: Icy Battle Conditions! (740)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, May 17, 2012.

1. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

Emboar did. Krokorok didn't use Fling.

2. And I never said he did. Bye.

3. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Anyway,

So far Clay has been the best gym match.

4. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

Most definitely.

I had high hopes for this one, but this gym battle fell horribly short.

For being such a hyped beast, the only beast on Hachiku's Team was his Tsunbear; the rest were nothing to write home about.

5. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

I think that was aurora beam, not solar beam...and did anyone notice the reflect and the mirror shot? Oh and the frost breath...cryogonal did a lot of attack debuts...also, vanalissh's astonish was cool and beartic's aerial ace...

6. sSerenity

sSerenity Well-Known Member

Cryogonal never uses SolarBeam ...

7. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

Cryogonal only debuted Frost Breath. Vanillish used Mirror Shot, and Reflect was used by other Pokemon before.

And I'm pretty sute Brycen told Cryogonal to use SolarBeam.

8. sSerenity

sSerenity Well-Known Member

For me Cryogonal uses Rapid Spin, Reflect, Aurora Beam & Frost Breath.

9. Dome717

Dome717 New Member

I don't think Iris is worried about having to battle Ash. Didn't she say something about leaving and not returning till she was a Dragon master? I could be wrong I've missed quite a few of the episodes and have only seen the screenshots.

10. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Really?

Why was it horrible because none learned a move or evolved? Gym battles are about learning moves or evolving in them now...?
    ---------------------------------------------

Finally watched the episode I though it was a pretty damn great gym battle.

Krokorok is such a ditz the thing is really fun to watch, I loved how at the start of the match he talk to Iris/Axew and Dent, like a little kid "Watch me guys I do this!!!" :p.

Scraggy vs Vanilish was pretty good, would have liked him to hit Vanilish with HJK but it was still a good battle and win.

Cryogonal vs Pignite too, Cryogonal wasn't beaten with one move...he took Flamecharge and Flamethrower, he didn't take much damage from it due to defending the moves but he did took damage, I though the win was pretty cool and smart idea from Satoshi, Cryogonal koed face was awesome.

Krokorok vs Beartic, another good figth, once again Satoshi used a strategy and Krokorok was able to win, I seriously laughed at the end when he does his cool pose after winning but then is so tired that falls down.

With this Krokorok is definetly semented as my second favourite Satoshi pokemon rigth now after Scraggy, the more I see from him the more I like him.

As for where I rank it:

1.Yakon
    2.Hachiko/Fuuro

11. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

The battle was extremely disappointing. Borderline awful. It was interrupted by commentary after every attack was thrown. It stopped the battle from flowing and feeling intense. Not to mention, the animation was lacking and Brycen, even with Beartic, didn't feel like a threat at all.

I had high hopes after Clay and Skyla were so fantastic, but this was just as bad as early BW.

12. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... not my favorite Gym Battle. It was cool to see Freegio for the first time. I'm disappointed about no new moves or evolution, but the battles themselves I liked. I cringed when Zuruggu's knee went into the ice rock instead of Vanirichi. It was bizarre and funny to see Focus Blast miss and then end up hitting Vanirichi anyway. The new way Flame Charge was done was cool to see. Ash was very very smart for doing an altered version of what Bianca's Emboar did, to defeat Beartic.

40/100

13. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Great episode this week. The whole battle was handled pretty well. At first, I thought the writers were going to "nerf" Brycen so Ash could beat him, but I found the final battle resolution to have been handled well. And I do like how the writers did a throwback to a previous episode by showing Ash take advantage of Bianca's crazy strategy while making sense of it. Seems like Ash's character is finally back on track.

14. Airi-Chan

Airi-Chan Falling Roses

Nice episode! I love Iris's winter outfit!

15. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Finished watching the episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Favorite parts were off Krokorok.

16. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Some of the standouts for me were Krokorok grabbing his own Stone Edge to defeat Beartic and Iris' winter costume.

17. CupidKirby

CupidKirby Well-Known Member

Just saw the episode. Wasn't the best gym battle but wasn't bad either. I still enjoy how tank Fire Pledge looks animated.

Only thing that bothered me was actually Ash's way of using Stone Edge. It was a good strategy but the way it was executed seemed a bit lacking since as someone else said, the momentum of it was thrown off by all the commentary. I'd still say Ash was sharper in the Clay battle then this one. Despite that, I'm loving Krokorok's personality more and more.

Another thought...I'm hoping this isn't the last we see of the whole Scraggy misses but Focus Blast turns around and hits opponent thing. I think it'd be awesome if being able to control Focus Blast that way becomes Scraggy's signature ability and hope he trains to do that in the future.

18. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

I thought this was a good episode. I really enjoyed the gym battle and I like that Scraggy, Pignite and Krokorok all got wins. Ash came up with some very good strategies such as Pignite using Fire Pledge to attack the center of Cryogonal and using Krokorok's Rock Tomb as fighting tools against Beartic. It was also cool to see Ash taking a strategy that Bianca used against Trip in the Clubsplosion. It's nice to see Ash using techniques from his rivals. Good episode. That's the 7th badge for Ash. One more to go :)

19. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

It was a good episode. The battle between Ash and Brycen was neat. I'll be looking forward to the next Gym Battle.

20. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

At the end of the episode when the gym leader suggested opelucid city as the next gym battle and I saw the look on Iris's face. I knew what the outcome was gonna be down the road. All I'm gonna say is that I'm actually glad they're going to go that route. It'll be interesting to see.