• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Caution: Icy Battle Conditions! (740)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash's best Unova Gym Battle IMO.

Gillachu

Banned
Brycen was BW's most boring GL, but I'll give this Gym match credit for being average at least and not being as bad as Nimbasa's.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So Ash challenged the Icirrus gym at last. Iris looked adorable in winter clothes ha ha and I liked how she reacted when Ash planned to visit Opelucid city. Krokorok vs Beartic was definitely a good battle. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now we got to see Satoshi visit Sekka City's Gym and begin his match with Hachiku. Vanirich freezing Waruvile's feet was awesome, and Zuruggu's win against it was impressive. I liked watching Chaoboo defeat Freezeo, although I was hoping he'd be the star here and defeat Hachiku's Tunbear also.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg y'all, I loved that the Icirrus City Gym was built into a hill for instance just like in the games, and Iris's coat made her look so cute. I also liked the stances that Brycen did when he commanded his Pokemon to attack. I was also impressed that Scraggy beat Vanillish.

ZilverLox

Banned
. Apart from the atrocious title, it's a good Gym battle, each of Ash's Pokemon got a decent go of things rather than the usual BW pattern of one of Ash's Pokemon falling quickly just to help a single Pokemon storyline along. Any episode with Axew and Scraggy is always great, this being no exception.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This battle was just a little on the cheap side. I don't know how Krokorok was able to get back in the battle, coulda swore he was knocked out at some point, probably gonna have to check the tape on that one. But I'm probably remembering wrong. Still, by the time we got up to Beartic, after fighting Vanillish, Krokorok should've been ragged.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This battle was just a little on the cheap side. I don't know how Krokorok was able to get back in the battle, coulda swore he was knocked out at some point, probably gonna have to check the tape on that one. But I'm probably remembering wrong. Still, by the time we got up to Beartic, after fighting Vanillish, Krokorok should've been ragged.

In truth, Satoshi's Waruvile should've been at a major disadvantage against Hachiku's whole team of Ice-types, and the only reason he did so well at the Sekka Gym was because his mild rivalry with Tunbear had already been established when Satoshi first met Hachiku. So Waruvile needed the exposure and fanfare.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was one of the better Unova Gym battles and Pignite's win and loss were both satisfying. I thought there were good strategies on both sides and Iris actually looked like she was friends with Ash and cared what happened in the battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Iris actually looked like she was friends with Ash and cared what happened in the battle.

She was always his friend, it's just that she had a bad way of showing it. She always cheered for him at Gyms like this one, however.

I thought that this was a really good Gym battle episode. I liked how the Icirrus Gym's field was made of ice even the places where the trainers stand was made out of ice, so that made it stand out a bit more from other Ice type Gyms we've seen before. I was hoping Ash's Scraggy was going to last a bit longer against Cryogonal, but at least it got one win. Krokorok grabbing the stones from Stone Edge and using them like kunai was awesome.

Scorbunnie

Much better gym battle than the one against Elesa or the one against Cilan. Brycen was the most adaptable Unova gym leader and I thought that Scraggy totally rocked here.

Ok gym battle, the beginning was boring but Krokorok was a beast and the Stone Edge thing was really cool. I wish Beartic would have taken more hits, it looked pretty weak here.
At number 4 behind Clay, Burgh, and Lenora Rematch