• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cave Story Discussion

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
So... I wondered if anyone knew about Cave Story here, so I made this. Yes, Cave Story isn't originally Nintendo, but there is a Wii/DSiware app for it, as well as a 3Ds game.

To start the discussion, who's your favorite character? I really like Balrog. He looks like a flying toaster, and his personality is epic.

Slick

Banned
This would really be more suited to the Other Video-Game Discussion section. I know you addressed it in your OP, but Cave Story originated on PC and Cave Story+ was recently released, which most OVGD members who are fans of the CS franchise actually have. There's just no excuse to have it here instead of there. You look like you're narrowing your discussion to the Nintendo versions.

Anyway, I've finished my first play-through on Cave Story+ and got the Normal Ending on Easy difficulty, soon I'll finish my Good Ending play-through on Normal difficulty.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll just punt this thread to that section instead then.

I will probably end up getting it on the 3DS sometime, having liked the original version. (Also have the CaveStory+ version from the Humble Indie Bundle).

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I freaking love Cave story!! Every time I time I play the game I still can't believe that one guy made the whole game.

I am planing to get the 3DS version some time later down the line.

Abstinence Pistols

Cave Story's a great game. I'm a little mad at myself because I was an impatient fuck and got it on the Mac App Store a month before it came to Steam, but it's fun nonetheless.

Sacred Ground is absolute hell though.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Got the 3DS version. Haven't played in a couple weeks because I'm stuck. Anyways, awesome game.

natie

Mr. F
Depending on how cheap the 3DS version becomes, I'll probably pick it up.
Do it now. The graphics are breathtaking, the bonus content is genius and it barely sold any copies. Once the copies currently on the shelves are gone, they're gone.

Zibdas

not bad
It's just a newer version of the game with updated graphics and music.

The graphics look the same to me...

But the main hooker in it for me is the addition of the Wind Fortress.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
The graphics look the same to me...

But the main hooker in it for me is the addition of the Wind Fortress.

That's what it is. Thanks for explaining.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Where would you get it? The computer?

Also, in Cave Story 3D, I'm stuck on Final Cave (hidden). Any advice?

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Oh my gawd, I need a flash drive. My dad probally won't let me install it on the home PC, and since I (sadly) don't have a laptop. TO THE COMPUTER STORE!

Anyhow, I beat Cave Story DSiware on my 3Ds, and I found the ending... odd. I wondered, wouldn't an island that big create an earthquake if it fell onto the surface?