• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

CB Magnezone!? (OU)

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Hey it's me! CB stands for charge beam by the way. Anyway, I've always sucked at OU so I guess it will suck here too.

Jirachi @ choice scarf
80HP/252Atk/176Spd
Jolly nature
-Stealth rock
-Trick
-Thunder wave/Body slam/U-turn
-Iron head

Standard lead. Only with thunder wave as I find it more useful and can paraflinch. It helps against metagross so if it decides to attack it is setup bait for mence. Against rachi, instantly switch to magnezone.

Suicune @ life orb
252SAtk/252Spd/4HP
Timid nature
-Calm mind
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-HP (Electric)

Offensive cune. Sets up on a fire move and then surprises opponents with an unusually powerful hydro pump that is awesome.

Gengar @ Choice scarf
252Spd/252SAtk/4HP
Timid nature
-Shadow ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus blast
-Trick

Scarf gengar. This is the perfect lure for scizor. If scizor comes in, kills, then magnezone comes and charge beams it to death and gets +6SAtk. Considering HP ice.

Salamence @ Life orb
24SAtk/252Spd/232Atk
Naïve nature
-Substitute
-Dragon claw
-Roost
-Fire blast

Sub roost mence. Pairs well with magnezone. The idea is to get the opponent to switch to a counter like latias and recoil in horror as they see it subs.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
252HP/252Def/4Spd
Bold nature
-T-Wave
-Ice beam
-HP (Fighting)
-Moonlight

I love cress. My anti sweeper. Despite hating sandstorm, she is still a great wall. I’m considering rest talk so it doesn’t suffer under sandstorm. The trick is to lure a physical sweeper in and kill them with one of the attacks.

Here comes the star of my team…

Magnezone @ Salac berry
28HP/252SAtk/216Spd
Timid nature
-Substitute
-Charge beam
-Thunderbolt
-HP (Ice)

Here is the star. So many teams have a rachi, a metagross or a scizor. Switch in on a harmless attack and you are in for a awesome sweep. If it doesn’t, it gets generally some kills.

Well here's my team. Please rate!

zero2exe

You could try to run rain dance on cresselia if you're worried about sandstorm (also suicune and jirachi will greatly appreciate it) but then again, it's hard to find a move slot because you either lose recovery or coverage

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
That is a very sad excuse to use rain dance. They are only for RD specific teams.

Demitrius

Banned
Use Bliss over Cress, it can do just about the same thing Cress is doing and won't suffer recovery over SS.

Mail Time

Banned
That would be a good idea if Blissey could counter Infernape and Salamence

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I might try bait latias but I want a way to both counter scizor and tyranitar (mainly T-tar) so maybe HP fighting? I'd like some in depth rates, not gobbledegook. Also, rain would equally reduce the effectiveness of moonlight.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
MysticGar lures and kills Scizor and T-tar. In case it's ScarfTar, Magnezone can switch in and Sub up.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
But I want it as a lure for magnezone as then it can set up. I'm considering machamp over cress due to my bliss weakness.

Rhys29

Encore
MysticGar lures and kills Scizor and T-tar. In case it's ScarfTar, Magnezone can switch in and Sub up.
Yeah, this makes sense. Switch out of Scarfed Tyranitar, and you'll always know if it's Scarf, to avoid Pursuit and use Magnezone to set up.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Regardless of the above statements, thread title still fails and there is no amount of Machamps that can fix that weak.

Last edited: