1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

ccccccccccc

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cieux, Apr 12, 2010.

1. cieux

cieux banned

hi, my name is sammi. i'm 15. i don't like painting. i only use my talents to brag.
    my website is http://cieux.cc/. click previews to full size. thank you for your time.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  2. screamer

screamer got that super bass

I really like your art! It's really good. About the watercolor though, I think you should do an undersketch because there are a lot of careless mistakes. Hm, the colors on the mew are kind of dull too. Try some more vibrant, richer colors.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany Staff Member Super Mod

you have like, the cutest style ever.

I WONDER WHO THAT MEW FOR I BET THEY ARE LIKE REALLY COOL RIGHT

..RIGHT?

..right.

(rrr)

4. cieux

cieux banned

@screamer: lol yeah, i actually do do an undersketch however i never notice the mistakes, and the ink from the pen hits the paper... and it's too late. haha. i guess i should be more careful with the base sketches.

@tiff: NO THEY'RE NOT COOL AT ALL THEY SUCK (rrr)

... jk tiff ily :(

edit: wtf what happened to the old :( smiley? ... also while rummaging through my files, i found something i forgot to post
    ... his eye is bleeding, so you are warned

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. Chelc

Chelc Well-Known Member

The Altaria is obv the best. (A)

like Tiff said, you have a really cute style, and most importantly, its your own. when I see your art, I'm like, "oh, that's Sammi." :') I'm not an artist so I can't give great constructive criticism or anything, but everything looks great to me. Keep drawing, painting, etc, please.

ngl, I thought the two girly boys were Ash and Misty, LOL. and idk, the smilies were updated like some time ago. I miss the old ones.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  6. cieux

cieux banned

ash and misty
    ash and misty
    ash and misty
    ash and misty

still lolling so hard

also yeah the new smilies suck wtf.

on the topic of my style i always thought of it as undefined and ever changing, difficult to identify. i'm glad you think otherwise. i'll definitely keep drawing/painting! ty chalkie. (a)

oh also... i'm finally getting somewhere!

7. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

Your style is orgasmic. I love the drawings most of all, do you use watercolor pencils?

The Phanpy one was so adorable <3

8. GigaPuff

GigaPuff Active Member

These are really good pictures I think, I like the colors and I like how the pokemon seem to be doing something in each picture.

9. cieux

cieux banned

@mr. joker: no, i use regular watercolor tubes so i can mix my colors the way i want to-- a bit more effort, but the colors come out nice, smooth. with the correct brushwork and you can't really use brush techniques with watercolor pencils-- more importantly, the exact colors i want can be achieved in less layers, thus wrinkling the paper less (because i'm too lazy to stretch the paper via soaking hahahaha)

@gigapuff: thank you. i tried to make them dynamic and cute for the friends i drew them for. i'm really glad you like my illustrations.

i haven't been drawing much lately, for various reasons. i'll finish that digital painting soon. no, really. i kind of have to, for various reasons.

10. samhain88

samhain88 Magikarp trainer

I like it! I love your use of colors.

11. Ikito

Ikito Well-Known Member

It's really good! [noparse]:D[/noparse] I don't know what to say... but it's really good. The colours, form and everything. Keep it up!

12. cieux

cieux banned

hey guys, thanks for all the comments. B)

[​IMG]
    i finished this a while ago, but forgot to post it up. full (bigger) version. uhhh, i can't really say i'm happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  13. tranny chansey

tranny chansey fatty fat

You know me. Obviously, I'm a big fan of your art.

I absolutely love your paintings and how you do the coloring especially with the Sunflora however, as mentioned by screamer, there are mistakes, albeit minute mistakes (but still mistakes). I'm not sure if it's a mistake but the nose of the Mew, you can see some sort of black smudge and it just makes it look like you messed up with it or dirt clinged on to it. Same thing with its feet but to a lesser extent. Also, with the Chansey, you can see that on one of its... hair things, you went a little bit out of the lines.

For your human subjects (i.e. Miku Hatsune), one thing that sometimes bothers me is the thickness of their eyebrows and eyelashes. I'm not sure why but sometimes, they're a little bit too thick for my taste but hey, that's just me.

Although, I absolutely love the Julien and (I forgot his name) drawing. )8

ilu sammi omg.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  14. cieux

cieux banned

julien and
    lucien

I LOVE HOW YOU PRETEND TO BE NICE TO ME IN POSTS

... no seriously i do it's a nice change!!

BUT HEY GUYS I JUST FINISHED UP SOMETHING COOL. A PERSONAL PORTFOLIO WEBSITE. AND A NEW ILLUSTRATION.
    [​IMG]
    that's the preview. click to see the illustration, it's way too big to post normally.

15. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

lmfao as soon as I saw that picture on livejournal I knew it was you.

Yeah I like hetalia sue me. Stupid bishietastic anime

I can at least say this though, you have a distinctive art style. That's how I was able to find you so easily, hee hee. Although I think you made norway look more fat, other than the wind making his clothes baggier or whatever you were trying.

maybe I should go stalk your art on LJ or some **** like that since it's actually pretty awesome.

16. cieux

cieux banned

hi fellow lj-er! it's ok to like hetalia, everyone is cool/cute/creeptastic/etc in that series.

and yeah idk, my friend told me i made him look like he had a beer belly. LOL i should work on clothing folds and shading. dnw fatass nornor.

STALK ME OK STALK ME STALK ME

17. screamer

screamer got that super bass

I really love your new website! [NOPARSE]:)[/NOPARSE] For a first website, that's an impressive layout. Your showcase is nicely organized and it doesn't have too much useless crap like most other websites. It's just straight to the point with beautiful, attention grabbing graphics. The colors on that new illustration clash in a nice way. I just wish it had more drawings to look at.

btw I linked your site in my sig.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  18. SAMMMIIIIIIIIII. IT'S ME, LAPO. ;0

I didn't know you returned but..that name looked so familiar! ;_;

The pictures look as great as always! I'm impressed with that new art-style you seemed to have picked up, and I'm loving the girly men and the adorable Pokemon and the OH I'M SO EXCITED YOU'RE BACK I CAN HARDLY COMMENT. Yeah.

...The Murkrow is sexy. Haruka would love this.

19. cieux

cieux banned

@screamer: isn't it impressive? haha, it sure is a lot better than most first layouts. and yeah, i try to keep it short. people don't like too much tl;dr, and all the tl;dr are the stories i write and put on the site~ 1000 is such a creepy story though, i don't think so many would like it.

@lapo: lapoooooooooooooooo no one recognizes me anymore, it's all right. and yeah, girly boys. manly men are overrated in north america.

oh yeah, she would like murkrow, wouldn't she? isn't it her favourite pokemon or something? murkrow is pretty fab ngl.

20. Warfare

Warfare liverliverliverliver

I think that's just the scanning of it and the fact that it's water-based.

As vibrant and clean as your art is, I don't want to just mindlessly praise, so I'll just take one hour to nitpick.

I think the shading on Miku's dress is off. I know you're trying to have ruffles and folds but it's just all too clumsy and cloying(awkward word choice fail but whatever).

There's my one hour.
    I love the way you produce a nice palette in some digital paintings. Your work is clean, the cell shading is quite unique, or maybe I just personally find it hard to do when you have all those complicated clothing and items to shade. You should try out speed painting; I'm gonna focus on that once I get my tablet. o/

and WHY DO YOU MAKE PEOPLE HAVE BUSHY EYELASHES OMG ;_____;.
    it's creepy.