• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi: A Timeless Promise (1121)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Congrats, Goh. You now officially have more Journeys episodes than Journeys Ash. No second main character has had such a honor the past 1000 episodes.
Dawn had like over 50 focused episodes while Ash was in the 40s in DP.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Watching over this a second time, was stated or implied that Tokio asked Celebi to use time travel to have Tokio actually keep his promise only for Celebi to not show? It sounds like it.
Yes. That is exactly what happened at the end. And then since Celebi wouldn't show itself he instead wrote a letter that somehow stayed in the shrine for two years and was still legligible afterwards which is weird but... meh.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
#BringBackTokio

I'd love an episode where we find out Tokio is taking part in PWC and battles Ash. We all know Ash will win but the episode's main point would be Goh struggling on who to cheer for.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Watching it again with subs really adds to the interaction between the boys.

It is heartwarming seeing Goh's pokemon so worried about him.

Goh's parents continue to be overworked yet caring and supportive.

It was uncomfortable watching him lash out emotionally while catching pokemon so I am glad the scene didn't overstay its welcome.

And the most important aspect of the episode, Tokio spurned the star carrot stew! Its understandable that it took Goh 3 years plus the infamous japanese cold to get over it.

Many of the Johto pokemon from this episode appear in the preview for next episode.

Both Dunsparce and Larvitar are teased.

#BringBackTokio (I want to see these two act awkward around one another)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
#BringBackTokio

PLEASE.

Rewatching the episode Tokio and Goh were super cute.

I laughed at the scene that kind of went like:

Tokio: You know a lot about Pokemon, what do you know about Celebi?
Goh *utter shock*: ?! I know plenty, but let's hear what you know first!

I have my fingers crossed that because this was the first epi Ash wasn't in it that Tokio will definitely be recurring. I know Pokemon's dropped the ball before but but they can't just do this and not have him appear again.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Which usually means it's better than the average episode since it doesn't have to write around Ash being denser than a black hole
Welp, I was horribly, horribly, horribly wrong, because this episode only served to tell us Go can't carry an episode by himself and needs others to play off of

Why do they keep disrespecting the Johto region like this?

Yes. That is exactly what happened at the end. And then since Celebi wouldn't show itself he instead wrote a letter that somehow stayed in the shrine for two years and was still legligible afterwards which is weird but... meh.
Celebi preserved it as a sick joke, because why else would it show up at the end to laugh at them?

diakyu

I kind of like that Celebi wasn't really used in this episode after all the time travel speculation though I guess you could argue Celebi knew they would meet again and that's why it didn't help Tokio when asked if it heard him at all. Really hope we see Tokio again since this was clearly something that impacted Goh heavily (and the episode ended right when they met back up).

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Probably, Celebi showed up before Go found the letter too, in the background.

This person has eyes!:eek: I thought it was a leaf. :oops:

I kind of like that Celebi wasn't really used in this episode after all the time travel speculation though I guess you could argue Celebi knew they would meet again and that's why it didn't help Tokio when asked if it heard him at all. Really hope we see Tokio again since this was clearly something that impacted Goh heavily (and the episode ended right when they met back up).

I don't mind all of the time travel plots being wrong, I think allot of the episode worked as is, but I still feel robbed of resolution. Which admittedly won't be a problem if this is addressed in future or Tokio makes another appearance.

And I cant believe I forgot to mention that Goh is plagiarizing his catch-phrases from his dads music!:D (and he is apparently immune to thorns)

#BringBackTokio

Last edited:

CupidKirby

In terms of how the new opening stacks up, I prefer the tune of this new version but the singer of the old one.

I hope Ash will be adding an Aerodactyl to his team. I know that the way the opening was framed could imply that it was Gou's but there was a lot of information in the opening about Gou's captures and almost none for Ash other than Riolu's evolution.

Strangely enough, the part that hypes me out the most was seeing Ash about to step out to a stadium. It makes me hopeful that we'll get some good tournament arcs or even character growth for Ash in the future.

90% of posts in this thread: waaaah no Ash, waaaah gonna skip

Good riddance?

What confuses me the most is why you people go out of your way to tell us how you decided not to watch this episode. Super immature, childish behavior from people I assume are already grown men.

Pretty much this.

I'm interested in if we'll see Tokio again in the future. The way the episode cut off, it kind of implied this isn't the last of Tokio that we'd see. It feels a bit like it would be wasted potential if it is. I really thought Celebi would play a role in why he couldn't show up the next day so having it be because of a fever was kind of disappointing. Other than that, the episode was decent. The emotional beats hit well. If he does appear again and plays another pivotal role in Gou's development, that'd be really cool. He definitely has way too much weight to his influence on Gou to just be a one-off COTD.

The fact that Ash wasn't in it was actually a good thing. It saved a lot of time that the Pokemon anime tends to waste on having characters just stand in the background not doing much.

Congrats, Goh. You now officially have more Journeys episodes than Journeys Ash. No second main character has had such a honor the past 1000 episodes.

I meant in general appearances, not in focus episodes.

Uhh, no you didn't? lol

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
First Johto episode in the new series we had Kurio/Chad with a Cyndaquil and now Tokio with Chikorita so does mean next Johto episode will have a COTD with a Totodile?

#BringBackTokio

I'm interested in if we'll see Tokio again in the future. The way the episode cut off, it kind of implied this isn't the last of Tokio that we'd see.

An episode taking place in Tokio hometown of Cianwood City could happen in the future.

Cradily17

YES! Mallow is coming back! I'm so happy!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh: Let's catch pokémon together one of this days
Tokio: Yeah, but give your phone number so we don't get into any misunderstandings again

Then the excited Goh gives the wrong number :p

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love watching the same complaints about Go's character followed by the complaining about those complaints. It's always the same posters too lol.

Pointless bickering aside, it was a nice episode. Not a fan of time travel episodes but if you exclude that, it was alright. Opening changing was cool but I'm not fan of the song or visuals.