• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi: A Timeless Promise (1121)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1121.jpg

Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Three years ago, Goh visited Azalea Town in Johto and met a young boy. The boy was searching for the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi so Goh decided to help him, but Celebi is a lot harder to find than they thought. At one point, the pair split up with the plan to meet back the next day but Goh's new friend never arrived. In the present, Goh returns to Azalea Town. Will he learn what happened?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
New Opening was HYPE!
- Go confirmed to get Flygon
- Legendary/Mythicals appearing (and Go apparently catching Zapdos)
- Showing old companions (mainly Alola Gang minus Lillie)
- Hyping up Ash's future exploits and team in the PWC
- Bea being shown
- Confirming the evolution of Lucario and Cinderace with them facing Eternamax Eternatus
- Better vocals and visuals (IMO)
I wonder with the part where they showed the Alola gang, will it change each time showing old companions? Like after we are re-introduced to them will it then change to Ash's companions from Hoenn (May and Max)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Finaly action. Cant be said about the episode

Missed the episode because of a stupid battle that I lost to hax.

Did Ash appear at all?

I will edit this post later on.

Edit 1: From what I've heard so far we expected a bit too much from this episode in terms of plot and storytelling.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Didn't watch it, know nothing major happened so meh out of 10 for me smh.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
People like you seriously piss me off, i didnt watch it but still am gonna say its trash because it features a character i dont like. Geez

Did Goh get any meaningful character development here?? Please tell me. Because him getting a Ariados and Pineco and Farfetch'd using Cut are not important events warranting an episode, especially en episode JUST for him.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did Goh get any meaningful character development here?? Please tell me. Because him getting a Ariados and Pineco and Farfetch'd using Cut are not important events warranting an episode, especially en episode JUST for him.
I havent watched it yet but obviously it would be a development focused ep, so when you dont even know what happened (going off by Bulbapedia's major events section doesnt mean you know, it doesnt detail character development), refrain from talking like the ep is pure trash. Just skip the ep if u want to but dont talk if you dont even know what the ep was about. Ill wait for subs to come to watch coz its obviously an episode imp for Goh's character

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I havent watched it yet but obviously it would be a development focused ep, so when you dont even know what happened (going off by Bulbapedia's major events section doesnt mean you know, it doesnt detail character development), refrain from talking like the ep is pure trash. Just skip the ep if u want to but dont talk if you dont even know what the ep was about. Ill wait for subs to come to watch coz its obviously an episode imp for Goh's character

I didn't say it was trash, I said it was meh because nothing major happened, you're the one putting words in my mouth. And I personally don't care all that much about Goh and his friends drama so if nothing major happened, it's going to be meh for me.

Didn't watch it, know nothing major happened so meh out of 10 for me smh.
I agree with SerGoldenhandtheJust, what's the point in continuing to watch the anime if you're going to keep assuming what's happened in an episode based on limited information given like the small episode summary or the 2 teasers provided?

I, for one, really enjoyed this episode and loved seeing the interaction between Gou and Tokio because you could see how their personalities and attitude towards Pokemon complement one another, and a lot of depth I believe was given to Gou. The episode was really touching overall.

Of course my argument to your comment doesn't count if you were just being sarcastic about not seeing the episode because you thought that nothing would be added to the plot, and my apologies if you were. Also you may not care about the drama between Gou and his friend, but it might be a little much to say that it doesn't contribute towards anything in the series. Pokemon Journeys is a very character-centred series where the Characters develop and grow through the interactions they experience with other Humans or Pokemon. This episode was important in explaining Gou's disinterest in making friends with other People because of his trust in others being broken. It builds depth onto his character.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Goh to a therapist plz

I really don't understand this type of post from Goh fans, like why do ya'll care so much that I don't like him?? People stay shitting on Ash and ya'll don't hear me defending him like it's my life goal lol.

My post is just that, for me, if ya'll love Goh, enjoy, I never quoted your posts saying boo Goh sucks, you must hate him so let me feel what I want to feel.

I really don't understand this type of post from Goh fans, like why do ya'll care so much that I don't like him?? People stay shitting on Ash and ya'll don't hear me defending him like it's my life goal lol.

My post is just that, for me, if ya'll love Goh, enjoy, I never quoted your posts saying boo Goh sucks, you must hate him so let me feel what I want to feel.
While the development isn't outright visible, you could argue that Gou developed as a person in this episode by learning to not just see things from his perspective, and that he shouldn't assume something so easily without getting all the information; like feeling betrayed by a friend because that friend broke their promise even though what really happened was that the friend caught a fever that day. Gou developed because he's finally able to put behind the grudge he felt for Tokio since childhood for breaking their promise and understanding the circumstances that led to Tokio being unable to come that day. Now that he knows that everything he felt was just a misunderstanding on his part, I can only assume this means that Gou will be a lot more open to interactions with other People from this episode forward and put more effort in trying to understand what a person feels before assuming anything. The new opening version even sort of suggests how he tries to drag Koharu/Chloe along with them a lot more boldly instead of just communicating with her whenever the episode focuses on her.

I agree that our comments may have been a bit harsh when you didn't outright state how you wanted to skip this episode because you hated Gou as a character. Sorry about that. But I also thought it would be nice if you understood why we're trying to defend this episode as one filled with development for Gou as a character, rather than an episode that should be skipped because it doesn't have Satoshi/Ash in it and therefore wouldn't be attractive to those who dislike Gou. You don't have to like him, but at least acknowledge that he is going through development as a person throughout this series. No matter how small the development is.