• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi & Joy! (012)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Celebi & Joy!

Richie is travelling through a bustling town where he sees that the Pokémon Center is about to get demolished by an old man. However the old Nurse Joy won't let this happen causing problems. Celebi appears and sends Richie back in time to see that they once knew eachother. Can Richie re-awaken their spirits to stop the destruction?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode looks good and I thought up some nice titles.

-Time Travel Tricks-
-Time and Time Again-
-Time is Celebii-

The last one kinda sucks but its alright, I guess.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Meh. This TV special was boring because of it being Hiroshi who's the main character and Celebi wasn't even really around much. :\ They did focus on Celebi, but Celebi was rarely ever on screen.

S

Shiny May

I just saw this special. I have to say, the plot was really good. And this is the first time they added an old Joy in the story. Really weird to see an old Joy a few times in an episode XD Overall, I liked seeing Celebi a few times. I think it's really sweet :) And Richie was a good character too in this special imo, it was nice to see how he has been during his journey. I'd say that this was a very original special and I enjoyed watching it :)

Batdude

Old school
This episode has exactly the kind of backwards quality that the Advanced generation sorely lacks. Time travel? Completely changing history?! Where can we find that nowadays?

Despite the fact that this episode featured Richie, I'll let it slide. I actually found it kinda funny. Not exactly entirely Pokémon-related, but good nonetheless. The construction workers' Pokémon were some of my faves (Scyther, Pinsir, Mchoke, Rhydon... KANTO PRIDE!) and since I never saw the 4th movie I liked seeing Celebi.

At this stage I think the writers are taking the mick having Richie riding a Ponyta. The whole 'clone' business, y'know?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

this was dodgy

Richie went back in time and altered the past, wouldnt that have made the universe collapse on itself?

did they keep celebi's dub voice? I might watch pokemon 4ever tonight to see

this overall was Ok but not great

8/10

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I haven't actually seen the dub yet, but I do know the Celebi had a different voice to the movie version in the original~
Didn't the original voice actor for the movie Celebi die or something anyway? Or have I been grossly misinformed/confusing it with Jirachi's voice actor?

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Gravy said:
Didn't the original voice actor for the movie Celebi die or something anyway? Or have I been grossly misinformed/confusing it with Jirachi's voice actor?
I could be wrong, but I don't think the original voice actor is dead. At least, it's not recorded here.

Batdude

Old school
Ya know ShucklemasterJ, I was wonderin about that too. If the whole city didn't exist anymore, replaced by that town instead, then surely it'd mean that 1. some people might never have been born and 2. people who would have worked there would have to work and live elsewhere, completely altering the future. But hey, it's only meddling with the passage of time.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
MagicBox said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think the original voice actor is dead. At least, it's not recorded here.
Ahh, thanks. I must have gotten confused with Jirachi's voice actor then~

Wait a second. If Richie had never shown up and saved Joy from plummeting down to the bottom of that cliff, then she would have most certainly died. So, how come in the future she was still alive and well?

And if Richie DID change the past, then surely all his memories of what the city used to look like would have been erased? Changing time the way he did would have meant he would never have passed through the city in the state it was formerly in.

Batdude

Old school
If he'd gone back in time then he would have always been there. He would have never not gone to the past, if you get my meaning. It's like the game Timesplitters: Future Perfect. When you time travel you wouldn't experience a new past, since you are going back to the only past possible because when the past used to be the present you would have showed up, coming from the future.

Time travel. What a novel idea.

EDIT: If anyone actually understood what I was waffling about, fair play to you.

Geodude

If anybody reads Archie Comics (especially the Digests), you might have occasionally come across a story that was part of a series called Jughead's Time Police. In that series, they call what Batdude just described a "time paradox".

Batdude

Old school
So I wasn't way off base, and there's actually a proper term for that sort of thing? Cool.

How slow was that bolt of lightning as it was going for the shrine? Riche and Joy both had time to leap out from where they were and head for Nick before Celebi shielded the blow.

Richie handled himself against the workers very well. Is it safe to assume now that Happy has gone off with another Butterfree to mate? We haven't seen it since the Indigo League, right?

Why doesn't Richie ever use his Pupitar anymore? Its all Sparky, Rose and then Zippo. I want Pupitar more. Anyway it was very strange that the wooden Celebii was in was in the desk for 70 yaers and only Celebii and Kick knew it was there for all that time, well not Nick cause he died. Well it was very funny at the ed with Nick in the photo, also very sweet with young love ^^ But it was wierd with Richie in "normal" clothes and everybody in non normal clothes also Celebii's voice was very high but suited it very much so. Pretty good anyway!

P

pokeee

what was the US name for the boy who was with joy and Richie in the path?