• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi & Joy! (012)

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Gravy said:
Ahh, thanks. I must have gotten confused with Jirachi's voice actor then~

Yeah, it's was Jirachi's seiyuu that passed away.

About Celebi's voice in the movie dub, it's the same as the original.

Batdude

Old school
So does that mean that the person who voiced Celebi in the Japanese movie also did the dub movie, and also did it's voice for this special?

Just out of curiosity (since it crops up sometimes in other Chronicles eps) how close was this ep to the original in terms of content, conversation and such?

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
To answer your question from a year ago...it's one of the least edited Chronicles episodes I've done comparisons for (aside from that Christmas special one). I should have the comparison up in a few days.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Just saw this in the US. This episode was good. Cool to see Celebi again. It was such a shame that the workers wanted to take down the old Pokemon Center. Good ending. Just one thing. Suppose back then, Nick was a little older than Joy. Now Joy is all old. Shouldn't Nick be A LOT older than Joy in the present time?

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Theorizing that one could time travel within Granny Joi's lifetime, Dr. Hiroshi stepped into the Serebii accelerator and vanished...
He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing people in a town that wasn't his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Leon, a Pikachu from his own time, who appears to say Pigga instead of Pika. And so Dr. Hiroshi finds himself leaping to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next encounter with Serebii will be the leap home.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Theorizing that one could time travel within Granny Joi's lifetime, Dr. Hiroshi stepped into the Serebii accelerator and vanished...
He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing people in town that wasn't his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Leon, a Pikachu from his own time, who appears in to say Pigga instead of Pika. And so Dr. Hiroshi finds himself leaping to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next encounter with Serebii will be the leap home.
Damn. I was going to spoof Quantum Leap. Oh well.

Richie changed history and never once thought of the consequences of doing so? Shame on him.

Last edited:

Medea

Excalibur
Well that was a cute episode to say for the most part. Just like me, I have to fall for an episode that has a little love story thrown in there. I'm a softy for that kind of crap. But either way Nick and Joy were indeed cute.

And something I'm happy for...an actual Chronicle episode where there was no mention of Ash. This makes me very happy!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
You know, they really missed a chance to pull out all the time travel cliches. I mean, they could have at least had Richie step on a Butterfree or something.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really enjoyed this special, even more than the first Team Rocket one (which is saying something). I was a little ticked at first that they didn't run "Training Daze" like I thought they would, but the special itself more than made up for it. It had a wonderful story, very good drama, good guest characters (including Richie), and I liked seeing Celebi again.

I definitely give this special a 10/10. I hope TD airs next week, though, I've been DYING to see that.

Lord Ike

Wait a second. If Richie had never shown up and saved Joy from plummeting down to the bottom of that cliff, then she would have most certainly died. So, how come in the future she was still alive and well?
Shortly after Richie saved Joy, he met Nick. So I assume that Nick would have saved Joy if Richie wasn't there.

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
This was a pretty cool Episode. It wasn't very logical that the Lightning was hitting in one general area. Maybe it was the Shrine that had the God-like power to control it, but I digress. The City kinda looked good both ways, you know, Metropolitan with Pollution and the Peaceful up and coming town.

GoldSilverCrys

Just saw this in the US. This episode was good. Cool to see Celebi again.
Yayz! Celebi!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

I liked this episode more then most of the other chronicals episodes. IMO it was a pretty good episode, I'll give it a 9/10.
IMO- this is the best ep - after LoT of course (in jap-obviously)

Francesc

Natsu no Maboroshi
I really liked Serebii, it's my favorite poke. I liked too when Richie travelled to the past, and the way he solved the problems. Serebii should have joined him, IMO.

Battra

Nice little time travel episode with Richie, also Joy looks cute as a kid. It was also very interesting to see the differences in the Joy outfits in the different time periods.