• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi & Joy! (012)

angrykid

Get out ma sandbox!
i knew the the bit when nick went to the party. richie[looks like ash`s bro]
then whent off with ponyta. before the landslide killed him! it was the same landslide that killed nick! but luckily richie changed history . and he said where
he lives.
P.S i know all that because i have the dvd of it!

d_dan_n

<= Sabrina!
I liked this episode, even though we didn't see much Celebi

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Another Richie episode? At least it included some interesting new plot-twists and Celebi this time.

Time travel in the anime? It's not such a good idea in my opinion. It only makes bad episodes even worse by adding in something that solves all the problems.

Too much ex deus machina for me :/ 1/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Richie saved the day, well done. To be honest, this episode was not so good because was not action. I loved to see the workers's pokemon, Pinsir and Rhydon, together.

6/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It's not too much of a bad episode really. It was okay and good to see Richie, but when he saved Joy after being sent to the past wouldn't that mean he changed the past? Who saved Nurse Joy if it hadn't been Richie before?.

I am glad they changed time though

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This was my favorite episode of Chronicles. A sad story rewritten with a happy ending. A bit cliche' but always heartwarming.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool seeing Richie go back in time to help save Nick from a terrible fate. He made sure Nick was at Joy's birthday party, and then in the future, it saved the Pokemon Center from going down and kept Nick and Joy in the town and not with Nick gone. The carved statue was very cool.

68/100

I am a big fan of Celebi, so that's a reason to like this episode to me. It was also good to see Ritchie again. Also funny to see an older and a younger Nurse Joy.

Also good to see Nick being the mayor at the end of the episode. I didn't expect that at all.

I like most of the chronicles episodes, and this is great. 10/10.

ForgottenPearl

I wasn’t expecting this episode to be anything special, but it actually turned out to be one of my favorite Chronicles episodes. First off, I liked the “joy of urban life” gag right near the beginning. I also like how Ritchie was such a clever tough guy when dealing with the construction workers.

This episode actually fleshed out a few Nurse Joys, something that almost no other episode does. The time travel aspect was used well. Nick was a very likable character: it was cute how he denied his crush. I liked his comment about carpentry: “I’m having trouble nailing it.” Plus, it’s easy to empathize with someone scared that they aren’t good enough for the object of his affection. He certainly proved himself to Joy. I was surprised, though, that they never clearly stated what became of their relationship.

It was also neat that Ritchie changed the future city so much by saving Nick. This shows how just small changes can really transform the future. And I’m starting to like Ritchie more.

Also, I want to point out that, in 19 minutes, Pokémon told a better love story than Stephanie Meyer did in 4 novels. I mean that literally: Joy and Nick’s cute relationship was very touching.

Awesome episode.

JudySpell

Banned
I don't find Ritchie to be entertaining so I didn't like this episode much just due to him and the Celebi involvement felt forced. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I liked seeing an elderly nurse Joy, plus seeing Celebi and its time travel abilities again was intriguing. I liked how Ritchie was able to go back in time and fix things to save the pokemon center here.

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, Celebi ain't that great, and did we even need to see Ritchie again? I thought the plot could've been better...

Zamin

This was an interesting episode but I feel like it creates more questions than it answers. If Joy & Nick became a couple then who did she have children with before, and what happened to him? she had a granddaughter...

It was nice to see Celebi again. Ritchie is a nice reasonable guy. I just feel it is a bit extreme meddling with history though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well that was a cute Celebi episode for the most part. The time travel plot with Richie was alright, also Joy looks cute as a kid. It was also very interesting to see the differences in the Joy outfits in the different time periods.

ZilverLox

Banned
What would've been great is if this Celebi had been the one we saw before with Ash. Also, if Richie did in fact change the past, then surely all his memories of what the city used to look like would have been erased? Changing time the way he did would have meant he would never have passed through the city in the state it was formerly in.

I didn't think Celebi was a good choice of Pokemon to showcase here since it's not exactly interesting. Even Ritchie's appearance here did nothing to warm me up to this special episode.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ritchie was always one of those boring recurring characters whose episodes lacked excitement, so I didn't think this Celebi special benefited from having him as the lead character. Celebi was cool though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ritchie was always one of those boring recurring characters whose episodes lacked excitement, so I didn't think this Celebi special benefited from having him as the lead character.

I'll admit that Ritchie isn't exactly the most interesting recurring character to me either cuz he's like Ash, but what I liked about this episode was seeing someone other than Ash meet a legendary. :]

Shayuin

Banned
Ritchie was always one of those boring recurring characters whose episodes lacked excitement, so I didn't think this Celebi special benefited from having him as the lead character. Celebi was cool though.

I didn't mind Richie, I just kept wondering if this Celebi was the one Ash met in the 4th movie.