• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember watching this some time ago but the paradox with Oak meeting Ash due to time travel seemed interesting though. To be honest, I was freaking out from the giant Celebi vine 'robot' thing and was relieved that Celebi was eventually saved by literally millions of other Celebis from the other times. But I wished that Suicune got more screentime in this movie though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
To be honest, I was freaking out from the giant Celebi vine 'robot' thing and was relieved that Celebi was eventually saved by literally millions of other Celebis from the other times.

Those deus ex machina Celebi's were the low point of this movie because they revived Celebi so easily. I don't see why Celebi's death had to be reversed in the first place.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, I didn't mind Suicune's involvement here, though in the end it hardly did anything noteworthy. I mean compared to Entei in the Unown movie, Suicune was like a background character here lol.

zdbz_sn

I enjoyed this film when I saw it, and it's in my Top 5 for these flicks, but I never felt up to writing a full review of it. I just collected some notes, such as:

- Why was Brock the narrator at the beginning?

- The OS films seemed to aspire to a much more…well, cinematic scope than their successors. There’s a much grander scale to the art direction, there’s more ambition in the directing in terms of multiplane and moving camera, and the layout of the plots feels much less episodic, in the first five films compared to most of those from later gens.

- I’d also argue that, in terms of thematic material, the OS (and Lucario) were less afraid to go there. The Sinnoh trilogy, on paper, deals with some weighty concepts; the breakdown of Space-Time and the wrath of God. But, partly because the scope and scale of those films is less grand, partly because the tone is lighter and the final consequences less extreme, and partly because the character reactions to rather dramatic events in those movies are so muted, the full power of such concepts doesn’t really land, especially not in The Jewel of Life, where Arceus came off as so…well, mundane IMO. Contrast that with the OS films. Mewtwo’s (cut in the West) origins actually go there in talking about issues of birth shaping identity, and the film later brutally shows the conflicts that can result when we let differences and old grudges blind us (and there was, y’know, the fact that a little girl dies, Mewtwo kills a whole bunch of scientists, and Ash’s death gets a huge reaction, even with its contrived out.) The worldwide scale of the disruption of nature caused by the Bird Trio in Revelation Lugia is illustrated on-screen and the heavy weight put on Ash’s shoulders by the prophecy is clearly felt by him. Molly’s trauma at losing her family, and the dangerous implications of the power she was given, are on display throughout the third film. And in 4Ever, not only do we get several stark examples of the power of dark balls (most notably in the corruption of Celebi) and another “disruption of nature” plot, but Celebi actually dies. That little point in the plot gets a pretty big reaction from the cast, and it’s earned. There’s an out for that death too, but it’s…well, I was gonna say “better” but…it’s less stupid than Ash’s revival in Mewtwo Strikes Back. The “friendships standing the test of time” thing had a great payoff too.

- Could just be the forest setting and giant twig monster, but this one seemed to have a heavy Miyazaki influence.

- Hey, look at that! A film besides Revelation Lugia that gives the TRio a reason to be in the movie! Not nearly as entertaining or interesting a reason, but a reason!

- Misty and Brock, and arguably Ash as well, didn’t have a whole lot to do in the first movie, that clearly being Mewtwo’s story. Ash was the only one of the three to really become involved in that plot in a big way as something of a deus ex machina, though unlike in the Sinnoh trilogy, he becomes involved because the real focus character, Mewtwo, chose to involve him, rather than Ash just stumbling into a mess. Revelation Lugia, of course, made Ash a prophetic hero, and gave Misty the biggest role I’ve seen a travelling companion get in these movies, while Spell of the Unown gave both companions time to shine even as the story focused on Ash again. 4Ever is the first of these movies that seems to have fallen into the trap of having Ash and friends be incidental to the story in progress. Ash doesn’t even save the day here; he’s just Sam’s back-up. And his travelling companions have one of their least impressive turns here. At least in the Sinnoh trilogy, Dawn was usually involved as Ash’s back-up, even if Brock was neglected. Brock and Misty here both just get screwed over for content.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The forest setting used as this movie's backdrop was amazing. It didn't get tiresome no matter how much time Satoshi and Yukinari spent there protecting the Celebi. Vicious was a good villain as well. He lacked depth, but he was threatening enough throughout the movie that it hardly mattered. Celebi's "death" and subsequent revival always makes me tear up.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The masked dude was the first evil human villain that we saw in the movies and I wish TR had done more instead of messing around. Celebi suffered so much in this movie. :(

hoahoihong1985

Kiá»u Minh Tuấn mắt chữ viết 'cô', miệng chữ viết 'A' nổi lồng tiếng phim

Tiếp tục xuất hiện thá»i vá»›i vai trò MC trong suốt đệp vạc sóng lan truyá»n ảnh thá»±c tế phai những vố chuyện tình ái trên chuyến xe cá»™ hồng “Lovebusâ€, Cát thông tá» - Kiá»u Minh Tuấn bất thần tá» bÃ*y xắt quãng “bức xúc†vị trÃ* tưởng hạng trai danh hÃ*i Xuân Bắc, tình máu nè hoẵng lại lắm tiếng cÆ°á»i tặng khán vá» vÄ©nh tại trÆ°á»ng há»c quay. Lê Giang liên tiếp gắng tay Kiá»u Minh Tuấn trÆ°á»›c mặt Cát phụng. Sá»± xuất đổi tiá»n má»›i hiện giá» hạng Miu Lê trong vai má»™t o tiểu thÆ¡ bị xúm xe. Tùng - ảo kể gia tÃ*i hoa (bắp Kiến Huy đóng) vÃ* PhÆ°Æ¡ng – o nÃ*ng bÃ* ẩn (trang nhã PhÆ°Æ¡ng đóng) hãy lắm “cuá»™c gặp gỡ định mệnh†trong Ä‘Æ¡n con ngõ nhá» sÆ°Æ¡ng móc khói mỠảo.

Khán vá» vÄ©nh giò khá»i mở cÆ°á»i lát lÃ*m chứng kiến vì chÆ°ng giám đốc ta Hyuk dấn tróc Soon lÃ*… rệ sÄ© riêng, hoặc chÃ*ng “Kình†con quay ngÆ°á»i bạn gái xuể canh chắn nÆ°á»›c. Nguyên má»™t năm trá»i Æ¡i lẹo bút viết kịch bản cho tác phẩm tâm huyết. nhiá»u có hãng phim muốn ký giao kèo cùng da cÆ¡ mÃ* bởi vì phÃ*a bÃ* lÃ* đối xá»* tác lâu năm vÃ* cÅ©ng lÃ* ngÆ°á»i quen do váº*y hãy “xÃ*†thắng hợp đồng. Má»i ngÆ°á»i chúc tao sẽ tầng nổi bến Ä‘áº*u rút cuá»™c vÃ*y há» biết mình nhỉ quá đủ khổ Ä‘au. P (Äạo diá»…n ảnh ảnh) xảy ra sá»± nuốm. Tên tuổi má»±c VÅ© HoÃ*ng Việt nép đầu bÆ°á»›c quặt cháº*p anh gặp gỡ vÃ* thÆ°Æ¡ng bÃ* Yvonne Thúy HoÃ*ng - ngÆ°á»i nữ giá»›i hÆ¡n tui 34 tuổi.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Liked the movie. Celebi wilting was the creepiest moment here. I laughed when I saw Tyranitar swimming and bumping into TRio. The plot twist with Sammy was cool.
7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Liked the movie. Celebi wilting was the creepiest moment here. I laughed when I saw Tyranitar swimming and bumping into TRio. The plot twist with Sammy was cool.
7/10

Celebi's near death experience definitely caught me off-guard since Celebi really did look dead. Had the miracle at the end of the movie not occurred, Celebi's death would've been the first on-screen Pokemon death in the anime, I believe.

MockingJ

Banned
I didn't understand that Sammy was actually Prof. Oak until my third time watching this movie. It seems to obvious now but when I was a kid I didn't notice that Sammy was a shortened way of saying Oak's first name.

Jnmisty

I remember when I watched as a kid and that Celebi wood thing was creepy. Plus there are things that can be so oblivious like Sammy being the younger Professor Oak. What really bothered me is that the movie could been about the GS ball or even the legendary dog pokemon. Yeah Entei got an episode later on and Suicune was in the movie for some scenes. However Raiku got in a special that didn’t even feature Ash, Brock, and Misty. I mean it never got picked back up after it got dropped off to Kurt. It is a plot bunny gathering dust like the whole Professor Ivy dumping Brock and his return to Kanto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
I remember when I watched as a kid and that Celebi wood thing was creepy. Plus there are things that can be so oblivious like Sammy being the younger Professor Oak. What really bothered me is that the movie could been about the GS ball or even the legendary dog pokemon. Yeah Entei got an episode later on and Suicune was in the movie for some scenes. However Raiku got in a special that didn’t even feature Ash, Brock, and Misty. I mean it never got picked back up after it got dropped off to Kurt. It is a plot bunny gathering dust like the whole Professor Ivy dumping Brock and his return to Kanto.

But how would the GS Ball have conveniently appeared in this movie when it was in Gantetsu's possession and he had no reason to appear at the forest here?

Honestly, not a big fan of this movie. The time travel stuff seemed weird and I wasn’t all that interested in Celebi. I knew the twist that Sammy is Professor Oak, and I wonder if he ended up telling Ash that. Tracey did find out though. Seeing Suicune was nice even if it didn’t do much. This movie should have been in the Ilex Forest since it featured Celebi. Also Brock as the narrator was weird.

3/10