• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great movie, my favorite.

I loved Celebi, it was cute. and i loved to see the battle between Charmeleon and Sneasel.

8/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I just finished watching this movie on CN for the first time in years. To be honest, this movie was OK, it really wasn't that great. Even when I seen it a few years ago I didn't like it much. The best battle was Charmeleon & Bayleef vs. Scizor & Sneasal, too bad it was so short. I didn't like the story that much but seeing a dead Celebi and Ash trying to revive towards the end it was a little touching. It was a little weird and confusing how Oak had met Ash long before he gave him his first pokemon yet acts as if he never did and never made any mention of it during the show. But I've gotten used to some things in pokemon not making sense so it doesn't bother me that much. Suicune was cool but I felt like it could have done more and could have been made to seem a little stronger than it was. Overall this movie wasn't great, but it was alright.

JohnLee

I just finished watching this movie on CN for the first time in years. To be honest, this movie was OK, it really wasn't that great. Even when I seen it a few years ago I didn't like it much. The best battle was Charmeleon & Bayleef vs. Scizor & Sneasal, too bad it was so short. I didn't like the story that much but seeing a dead Celebi and Ash trying to revive towards the end it was a little touching. It was a little weird and confusing how Oak had met Ash long before he gave him his first pokemon yet acts as if he never did and never made any mention of it during the show. But I've gotten used to some things in pokemon not making sense so it doesn't bother me that much. Suicune was cool but I felt like it could have done more and could have been made to seem a little stronger than it was. Overall this movie wasn't great, but it was alright.

I was very happy to wake up this morning and see that this was was CN, so I watched it. :)

I loved seeing this movie in the theaters! I loved the time traveling plot and how Sammy was Professor Oak! Being a little kid back then, it took me a while to wrap my head around that. I'm not really sure why Professor Oak acted like he never knew Ash, but obviously he remembers time traveling with Celebi and becoming friends with Ash since he kept his sketchbook that he sketched in of Pikachu and Celebi.

G50

No longer posting
Didn't like this movie very much... It was cool to see both Tyranitar and Celebi both in this movie. It was cool to see more Celebi come down to save the other Celebi's life. The bad guy with the Iron Mask was very bizarre... This movie felt very slow...

20/100

Christian Woods

azumarill!
You know, at the end of the movie when Ash is talking to Prof. Oak, the song in the background is the song that plays whin Mewtwo Strikes Back after mewtwo wiped the memmoreis of the adventure clean and Nurse Joy invited everyone to take shelter in the pokemon center. I think that's the only time they ever use music from Mewtwo Strikes Back in the movies, Mewtwo Returns is not a movie. Over all, the movie was awesome, Celebi is cute, "Biiii! Brebiiiiii! biiiiii!", Celebi.
I cried a little when Celebi died, but felt better when the Celebi from the past and future came and revived it. Mew and Celebi are some of the cutest yet most powerful pokemon in the world. Did anyone else notice that music thing i mention above though? What's that song called?

Remmie

Celebi is so cute in this movie. When it is under the villain's control too. Dark Celibi is cute!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
To me this film was like one of saddest pokemon movies with sad endings.
Overall i liked this one.
10/10

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
I was initially overjoyed when I found out Suicune was gona be in it.

Then I saw the scene where Celebi died and was brought back to life.

In my opinion, literally the SADDEST scene in any movie ever, sadder than The Champ.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Besides Heros this was the saddest of all the pokemon movies. Poor little celebi D;

Psychic

Really and truly
I finally saw this movie over the summer - I bought the DVD for $4 from a closing Blockbuster and watched it with some friends. It's only been a few months, but I find I don't remember a whole lot of it. Maybe it wasn't as memorable, or I'm just more cynical since I didn't the see movie as a kid like I did with the first three.

I think this was the first movie to incorporate CGI, and I found it very weird and jarring. Good on them for trying, I suppose, but it just didn't fit, especially CGI Suicune. Only making the evil plant-Celebi-thing CGI would make sense - it's unnatural, thus it looks weird and jarring, that makes sense. But not Suicune.

I knew that Sammy was Professor Oak before years before seeing the movie, so there wasn't any pleasant surprise in it for me. Rather, I found it a little weird that Oak still sees Ash as a close friend even though Ash hardly knows the older Samuel. I wonder if he should have eventually told Ash about it after Ash meets Celebi (a la Back to the Future), but the whole situation just gives me creepy vibes, so I guess it's better that Ash doesn't know.

For a Pokemon movie, it was all right.

~Psychic

Aquarelle

Staff member
Definitely not my favourite Pokemon movie. It just seemed so...bland and unexiting to me. I am a fan of Celebi, but that wasn't enough to get me interested in the story. I mean, when Celebi died or whatever my reaction was "meh".

Also, I couldn't help but feel creeped out between Ash's relationship with young Prof. Oak. o_O

ColyTom

The twist at the end was one of the best ever! Who'd have thought that Little Sammy would turn out to be Professor Oak?

Some touching scenes in this great movie!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I finally saw this movie over the summer - I bought the DVD for $4 from a closing Blockbuster and watched it with some friends. It's only been a few months, but I find I don't remember a whole lot of it. Maybe it wasn't as memorable, or I'm just more cynical since I didn't the see movie as a kid like I did with the first three.

I think this was the first movie to incorporate CGI, and I found it very weird and jarring. Good on them for trying, I suppose, but it just didn't fit, especially CGI Suicune. Only making the evil plant-Celebi-thing CGI would make sense - it's unnatural, thus it looks weird and jarring, that makes sense. But not Suicune.

I knew that Sammy was Professor Oak before years before seeing the movie, so there wasn't any pleasant surprise in it for me. Rather, I found it a little weird that Oak still sees Ash as a close friend even though Ash hardly knows the older Samuel. I wonder if he should have eventually told Ash about it after Ash meets Celebi (a la Back to the Future), but the whole situation just gives me creepy vibes, so I guess it's better that Ash doesn't know.

For a Pokemon movie, it was all right.

~Psychic

Oh lord I know what you mean! I didn't see this one as a kid as well, so all of the surprises, weren't really surprises at all. That said, I was tempted to by the dvd once, but decided not to.. I guess don't really miss it :p

DMerle

Guess who's back
This is one of the better Pokémon movies in my opinion, I love the Iron-masked marauder too, and the scene with the poacher is great.