• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This is one of the better Pokémon movies in my opinion, I love the Iron-masked marauder too, and the scene with the poacher is great.

That I did like as well. Tyranitar, Houndoom, and of course Oak with a Charmeleon. One of my favorite moments.

Haunter ゴースト

This is definetly one of the movies, I just hate how the writers have practically made it useless in terms of 'movie debuting' with the fact Movie 13 had Celebi and Suicune as stars.

Either way, I loved the overall story, but my favourite scenes go to the Intro with the theme song, Ash and Sam fighting together and the ending when Celebi nearly dies and is brought back etc.

carlester

If I were to rate this movie from 1 to 10, I would definitely choose 10
One of my favorites and yep Celebi is the best!!!

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
This movie's not bad, it reminds me of a fairy tale. The time travel aspect is cool. CGI hasn't aged well, but some stuff, like the opening battle, couldn't have been done without it. Ash trying to feed Celebi was sad.

I've always liked this movie. It had awesome music and scenes. I liked how Sammy was actually Professor Oak. And his Poke Ball was a little interesting. xD So, Charmander was his Starter Pokemon? That makes me wonder what happened to it? Did it possibly die or something? I guess we'll never know. The scene where Celebi died was so sad. :( I didn't like when Sammy tried to put the berry inside Celebi's mouth, but he couldn't. Overall, it was an excellent movie.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
9/10 also one of my faves.
do you know how long i looked for a dark ball in my sappire after watching this?
and then when i got my celebi from the pokemon 10th anniversary convention i was hoping that it was going to be in a dark ball. (i was soooooo bummed when it wasnt)
I also was obsessed with movies that involved time traves so that made it all the better.

Zubeon

Also, I couldn't help but feel creeped out between Ash's relationship with young Prof. Oak. o_O

Why? It's not like Sam knew he was going to one day be a professor in Ash's home town, just like Ash didn't know Sam would one day grow up to be the Professor. During this movie they're just two kids (who clearly have major crushes on each other). If it makes you feel weird about the Older Professor Oak's continuing interest in Ash, that makes more sense, but I think people (not you specifically) get too worked up about it.

I like this one, I think it's short and sweet in every sense of the word.

Always love to see Onix get the job done.

Celebi's nightmare monster inspired by being attacked by Scyther/Scizor?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
this was defintetly a good movie, by the way i hate to state the obvious but how much do you want to bet that the dark pokemon in this movie was where the idea for shadow pokemon came from?
and in other news i personally would mind if they made another movie like this with a similar plot.

Traveller

Does anyone know what release of this movie I should get? I'd probably like to get it on Blu Ray, but would it be just as good getting the DVD? Does the Blu Ray's include everything the same?

NPT

Just a member
This movie was okay, but not as good as movie 3. The full version of "Born to be a Winner" was great! Seeing both Celebi and Suicune in the same movie was cool.

The Celebi-tree-monster-thing was huge! It's sad how Celebi had to got trapped inside that thing because of the evil 'Iron-masked' Team Rocket member. It was awesome when Ash and Sammy were able to rescued it, but it began to die! Even though Suicune purifyied the lake, it didn't brought back Celebi. Ash tried to feed Celebi some berries, but it didn't work as well. Finally some other Celebi came through time to save the dying Celebi, it was a great scene.

It's surprising that 4kids went through the trouble of adding some English-exclusive scenes in this movie, I guess they wanted to make sure to the viewers about Sammy being Professor Oak.

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I finally saw this movie over the summer - I bought the DVD for $4 from a closing Blockbuster and watched it with some friends. It's only been a few months, but I find I don't remember a whole lot of it. Maybe it wasn't as memorable, or I'm just more cynical since I didn't the see movie as a kid like I did with the first three.

I think this was the first movie to incorporate CGI, and I found it very weird and jarring. Good on them for trying, I suppose, but it just didn't fit, especially CGI Suicune. Only making the evil plant-Celebi-thing CGI would make sense - it's unnatural, thus it looks weird and jarring, that makes sense. But not Suicune.

I knew that Sammy was Professor Oak before years before seeing the movie, so there wasn't any pleasant surprise in it for me. Rather, I found it a little weird that Oak still sees Ash as a close friend even though Ash hardly knows the older Samuel. I wonder if he should have eventually told Ash about it after Ash meets Celebi (a la Back to the Future), but the whole situation just gives me creepy vibes, so I guess it's better that Ash doesn't know.

For a Pokemon movie, it was all right.

~Psychic

This may have been the first movie to use CG for character animation, but it was not the first to use CGI. In the international release of the first movie, CG was used for moving backgrounds, the arena's doors, and FX animation. In the second, the bad guy's sky-platform was CG. The 3rd movie used CG backgrounds to create moving backgrounds for Charzard/Enti's battle and for a few other scenes. The 3rd movie also used some CG-morphing to show the crystal spires growing.

Renafan

I for one loved this movie. :) (and not just because Suicune is one of the main Pokemon) It's one of the reasons I spent money having a custom giant Suicune made!^_^ I plan to get the artbook for this movie as well!

Seen this movie twice now, and I still wish Suicune was in this movie more.

Or that's just my bias talking because it's one of my top favorite Pokemon.
Still a good movie, though.

Gillachu

Banned
Suicune was kinda pointless here until the very end, so I don't think he should've even appeared for most of the film, but I liked the villain's mask and the giant vine monster.

JudySpell

Banned
Celebi almost dying was sad and the plot twist of Sammy being Oak when he was young was the best film moment for me. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Sammy's old Poke balls and I kind of figured that he was Oak from the past halfway through the film hee hee. Celebi was adorable when it ate the fruit and I disliked the masked guy for the way he was misusing Celebi's powers.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think this movie was great. Good villain, Suicune appearing and Celebii as the main focus. I give this an 9/10 for effort.