• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celebi! your making a comeback!

It's trash. Utter trash. Scizor is what, #3? With TTar at #1? and Excadrill up there too, with 90% using X-Scissor. All great counters. All overused as ****.

Yeah use X-Scissor when Excadrill is the best Spinner in the game since no spin block can come in on it.

soulsurvivor

Making progress
Yeah use X-Scissor when Excadrill is the best Spinner in the game since no spin block can come in on it.

Yea use rapid spin when you can boost with sd, because when you got a sweeping chance use rapid spin.

Anyway, Celebi's up there for a reason. This is SMOGONS server where many skilled players battle, so if celebis there she obviously got a niche.

windsong

WEST SIDE
It's trash. Utter trash. Scizor is what, #3? With TTar at #1? and Excadrill up there too, with 90% using X-Scissor. All great counters. All overused as ****.

lol this is outright bs.

First off only Scarftar or SpDef Tar with Crunch wants to come in on Celebi. The former takes a ****ton of damage from offensive sets if it switches in on Leaf Storm, and the latter can't trap you so you can just wait for Rocks to wear it down until eventually +2 Giga Drain can KO. I guess weird *** CBTar sets can sort of beat you but it's not worth running something like 252 Atk / 252 SpDef TTar just to switch in on Celebi and Latios...

And since when do 90% of Excadrill run X-Scissor, lol. And the ones that run X-Scissor basically ONLY run it because either Celebi or Latias is a major threat (+2 return OHKOs Latios after rocks and that's basically the only other reason to use X-Scissor) and Rapid Spin is usually the best move anyways with the prevalence of Spikes in this meta and Exca being the best offensive spinner out there.

edit: also bulky grass that doesn't mind scald burn = good in itself

Physically defensive Nasty Plot / Recover / Giga Drain / HP Fire is one of the most reliable sets I've ever run. It shits all over so many things and can late game sweep in a pinch. Heatran is annoying and I guess so are dragons but they tend to die faster than Celebi.

multi-scale

Bulky Celebis running NP/Giga Drain/Filler/Filler with leftovers annoys the crap out of me. If you can't outright KO it, it'll start using Nasty Plot and healing off with Giga Drain, and Heatran can come in on the Bug weakness and kill something with Fire Blast (I have no idea what runs X-Scissor besides Excadrill and Choice Terrakion, but Balloon Heatran OHKOs Excadrill with Fire Blast and forces a switch with Terrakion.)

Just to rant, my NP/Leaf STorm event Celebis had Adamant and Jolly natures. WHy can't Gamefreak make it a guaranteed Timid or Modest?

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Celebii just dies to bug attacks, which makes it less viable in my eyes, what with all the Terrakions and Excadrills packing X-scissor. The way I see it, mew can do pretty much everything celebii can do, and doesn't have horrible typing.

CraZy RudOlF

disc: Ruben E#0316
The way I see it, mew can do pretty much everything celebii can do, and doesn't have horrible typing.

Mew doesnt have a Water, Electric & Ground attacks, celebi's Stab Giga drain is very useful and in general a better ability. Mew has its pros to, but doesnt really outclass celebi at all