• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Celebi~

~-Falcon-~

Keyblade Master
How come Celebi is serebii's mascot? i mean if i were making a site like this the mascot would be pikachu or meowth. what i am saying is that why did they choose celebi?
is it a japinese site?

Last edited:

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Well Celebi's Japanese name is serebii so why wouldn't they use it ?

~ Z ~

Badabim badabum!
It could be answered this way:
You said that you'd use pikachu or meowth. But how so?
Though I do understand the thing with Pikachu, since there isn't really many people who wouldn't know it,
But everyone doesn't know Meowth, though.

There doesn't really have to be a meaning in it,
other than it was someones favourite.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
There is only one way to find out - ask Joe himself. I'll give the link of the thread to him.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I'm pretty sure this site was made after the opening Johto hype, and it was named after the then-signature Mew clone for additonal advertising. After it ended, people were too used to the neame, so we keep it to this day.

At least that's what I think.

TomChomp

The banner seems pretty ok to me. I don't see why you should change it now because other websites just try to show off with their shining text

Last edited:

Torosiken

This is a title.
This site's opening on g/s/c out. That time, Celebi's the phantom pokemon and the greatest pokemon. Maybe Joe likes it so use Celebi as mascot. And he use japanese name maybe coz at that time english name not yet published. Don't it right Serebii? Or am I wrong? @_@

(btw people always use their fave pokemon as site mascot, like mine, achamo~torchic)

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
Let's face it; Serebii's personal favorite is apparently Celebi, and since he created the site, it's the mascot. Happy?

God, I'm getting SO tired of all of these whiny jerks.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
Sorry if that sounded harsh. Just in a sarcastic mood right now... again, I'm sorry

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!