1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice
  1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

Celebi was Generation 2's most difficult Pokemon to get and was basically the Johto version of Mew. You could either get Celebi from a direct event distribution or in Crystal by doing the special GS Ball sub-plot that was exclusive to the Japanese copies of the game until the VC re-release of Crystal.

Did you get Celebi in your Generation 2 cartridges? If so which method did you use?

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I played Crystal version in Japanese and managed to do the Celebi event with the GS Ball, although that was the only Gen II game where I was able to get Celebi since I was never fortunate enough to go to one of the Celebi distributions.

3. jaden767

jaden767 Red Trainer

I got a Celebi from the Six Flags event a long time ago. I don't have it anymore because my Gold cart's battery ran out a long time ago but Celebi was my 1st ever event pokemon.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Oh boy, okay. A neighbor had obtained numerous Celebi through Game Shark, and so he lent me one onto my Silver version. It was pretty cool; I had already finished most of the post-game, so it wasn't like it was a permanent part of my team, but I kept it on because Ancient Power and Baton Pass was convenient. I think I even decided to challenge Ho-Oh with it (once I made it up Tin Tower).

Well... one day, one of my brothers had decided he wanted to play through a bit and had restarted the game and stupidly saved over the file. I never got a Celebi again for that version, nor for any other games.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  5. Opassa

Opassa Tunne susi rakasta

i used ZZAZZ's Coin Case setup to grab a few Celebi from the day-care center earlier this year, it's amazing how easy it is

Leonhart likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

That's one of the few Celebi event distributions that I've heard about for the English games, and I wish that I could've attended it since it sounds like the older Pokemon events were more exciting than newer ones that simply involve connecting to the Internet.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  7. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

I never got it unfortuneitly :(