1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrating the Hero's Comet! (798)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Wishfulshippers must be giddy seeing as Iris is actually applauding Cilan for once :)

2. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Aww, I'm going to miss this. I wish we could have had more interactions like this, but the end is near.

Anyway, I saw the episode's twist ending from a mile away because the COTD just looks so out of the ordinary. I wasn't that impressed by the episode though. Noivern didn't do a whole lot, and for someone that likes TR, trying to grab Pikachu while the ghost Pokemon were there wasn't smart.

3. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

This episode was great. Noivern appeared. Jessie clapped for James. Meowth learned Flame Thrower. The Ghosts were very weak.

Great episode.

4. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

Actualy no, I have another headcanon. That person is actually Sir Aaron himself. Sir Aaron has travelled a lot many regions himself., so he has made a name in almost every region he has been. He had a Pikachu and a Lucario. He was known as the blue dressed hero with Pikachu in Hoenn, he was known as the Aura Guardian in the spiritomb episode in DP where he forgot to shave, and is also the hero we saw now. The woman on the other hand is an ancestor of N and Sir Aaron's waifu, because she had the same blue eyes N has.

Oh man, I just loved the interactions in this episode. The part where Jessie and Iris argue with each other while running was funny. This is the first we have seen Jessie interact with a female since May I think. And Cilan, James reminded me of Brock, James back in the day. Oh and I love the part before this gif where Jessie and Iris boss James and Cilan while they try to move the statue. Then they clap after the two finally managed to move it. Very hilarious.

Oh and did everyone saw how Cilan dodged the Shadow Ball? Seriously, the writers seem to like attacking him. Even in Episode N, he was dodging and jumping Shadow Balls and Hyper Beams. Proof that the writers like putting Cilan in a soup.

One of my favorite episodes in BW.

5. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

Though, why was Jessie so impressed with James? She herself tossed that statue like it was nothing!

6. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Plot hole :O Technically, she could have moved that statue all by herself. :p

7. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Her female rage hormones need recharging

8. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

When in need of a proper explanation, blame the hormones :p

9. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't really recall Jessie interacting with Dawn much, however there were of course moments between her Contest alter ego Musalinda(I can't remember what they called her in the dub lol, Jessilinda?) and Dawn.

Nice episode, I loved all the interactions that are mentioned above. My only issue is that there really should've been a battle at the end(preferably Charizard(Or in a perfect world, a Unova reserve) vs Noivern, Ash wanting to test its strength seeing a new brand threat arise) due to there being a freaking Battle field central to the plot.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  10. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

To me, Ash and Co and Team Rocket didn't seem as interested in seeing Noivern, a Pokemon they've never seen before. Especially TR, they would be interested in something like that. Plus its voice was meh. Is it me or is it the fact that the VA's over at TPCi not putting in any kind of effort to these Pokemon voices? Hardly none of 'em are as unique as Gen I was.

11. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Helioptile and noivern are both pretty generic sounding. I think gogoat's is actually pretty unique though and sounds nice. I do think for sure that 4kids did a much better job with pokemon voices though.

12. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

Gogoat is probably very unique because it's Ishizuka's voice and he really know show to voice Pokemon unlike the rest of dub voices.

And I hoipe that ythe dub has aired the correct opening now because the mess witht he openings is outstanding.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

...You know, I don't care about showing the correct or wrong opening anymore. We got the correct one, but this is nearly the end of the Da! Islands.

Not even pointing out the fact Noivern is a Dragon type to Iris, Alexa? She would be head over heels for it if she knew.

The ending of this episode sounded like perfect cliffhanger material, but alas, a new island is up next.

14. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Good filler for the weekend of Halloween. The lady in there was creepy. I'll say that much. I do wonder if she was the actual ghost of the lady from the past or a ghost Pokémon imitating her like we had with Ghastly in "Ghost of Maiden's Peak." Guess we'll never find out. But it did make the ending of the episode much creepier since we didn't find out who she was.

15. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

One issue I have had since DP were episodes like this. It seems they try to push too much into one episode. This could of been a great two parter with the mysterious women being the focus on part 2.

This episode made me hate Iris even more due to calling Ash a kid when she freaked out 15 seconds prior....

16. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

Good ghost episode. I thought Noivern was really cute.

17. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

The perfect episode for the week of Halloween, funny how that managed to happen, so glad this will be our final month of DA, hope after the official last episode we jump right into XY

18. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

That won't be the case. It was already revealed that CN is projecting an airdate of 2014 for Pokémon The Series: XY.

19. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

That was projected for the UK, it was never revealed for the US

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I found this filler to be really boring. I had assumed that because Ghost-types were appearing in this one, it would be entertaining or at least mildly spooky but it was so generic. The only highlights for me were Team Rocket's Ghost Pokemon disguises and how Ash and the others didn't notice them when they first arrived at their chamber; how could they not see them? It's not like they were hidden all that well. Anyway, I also liked Alexa's Noivern's debut, but the whole legend of the ruins thing felt so cliche; we've heard stories like that a million times already. I wish this episode had been more fun. :x