• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Celestial Mercenaries

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
mmm well i guess i dint pay much attention but whatever...it was more of a nothing post...also, Raiyne is tihnking this. He does not make it the plan. He is thinking it. People do that. IT IS THE ALTERNATE. You read things buddy. That was just a post mainly to show I was still here. We are going with Tearen's plan. This is what Raiyne was thinking.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Okay, so, due to several unforseen instances in my life, I kind of let this RP die. It didn't deserve that. So if anyone who still wants to play is hanging around, The Celestial Finale is reactivating.

Concept

Führer of Fun
OOC: *Self-defribrillates*

I'm in.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I'm in as well.

I was actually thinking about this RP the other day.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
T^T You guys are so great. I was hoping I'd get at least you three back. Yeah, we can pick up where we left off, but wait just a bit more to see if SOS or Seth want to jump back in.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
*Grin Grin Grin* Awesome deal! Okay, so we may as well kick things back up from where they left off. Small recap.

Tearen accepted a contract from the Gorboid Military Research Division to investigate a scientific outpost on a jungle planet that had gone silent. Upon reaching the planet, the found the world's atmosphere riddled with diseases and toxins. The research bunker was laying in rotting ruins when they found it. After a brief period of exploration, the crew was attacked by creatures impervious to most forms of attack, aside from direct physical trauma.

Currently, Tearen, Raiyne, George, Miryllo, Zearen and Soran were all sitting outside a jammed door where the main CPU of the station lie dormant. They know that two or more of the creatures are inside, and Tearen formulated a plan to blow the door down, and try to pin the creatures down with pure physical strength. After this, as always, the plan was to run like little girls back to the ship.

If anyone wants to volunteer to play some of the still dormant players until they come back, just say so at the start of your post.

Tearen raised a leery eyebrow at Raiyne. Here was a man standing before him fully suited in mechanized battle armor, telling him that blowing the door down was ill advised. However, the more Tearen thought about it, the more he realized the flaws. The doors could damage the computer they were supposed to be using...yeah, that wouldn't get us paid...

"Alright, new plan..." Tearen said...stopping short. He had failed to actually formulate something viable. He looked around the immediate vicinity, and spotted the decrepit door control panel that had been mentioned by Soran earlier. That'll work...ish

Tearen maneuvered his way over to the panel, and pried it away from the wall gingerly. One of the powercables had rotted away from the main panel, rendering the mini computer lifeless.

"Hey Mirryllo, hand me the Multi-Spanner." Tearen asked. The Fovian extended his tendril-like arm, and gave the tool to the captain. Tearen clipped the corroded ends off of both wires, revealing fresh, conductive metal. He tied the ends together, and the panel flickered to life, it's white lights amber through the spores that covered it's surface.

"Okay, The doors are jammed, but if I give this puppy a jump, the doors might budge just a bit. When that happens, those feral...thingies are going to try and get through. Like Raiyne said. Stab them or break their necks or something. While that's going on, Zearen'll slip through the crevice and do his thing, m'kay?"

Tearen looked around for approval. The mildly blank stares, mixed with skeptical faces met him, the plan was definitely more viable than the last. Tearen nodded.

"Just trust me. Alright..." Tearen hit the door open button, and with an irate screech, the gears to the door shifted. Their force couldn't over come the bend in the door's seam, though, and the protested with metallic creaking.

"Mirrylo, on the count of three, zap these wires with your volt-disk. One...two..."

Concept

Führer of Fun
OOC: Requesting to bunny Soran until such time as Mowz takes him back; Hal is all well and good, but he never gets any action scenes. Also, I found the sign up thread for anyone who wants to look at character profiles and such. Anyone got a link to the discussion thread/database thingy?

------------------
"Okay, The doors are jammed, but if I give this puppy a jump, the doors might budge just a bit. When that happens, those feral...thingies are going to try and get through. Like Raiyne said. Stab them or break their necks or something. While that's going on, Zearen'll slip through the crevice and do his thing, m'kay?"

"Stab sh*t, don't die, run like hell."

Soran liked the captain's new plan.

"Better than blowing the bloody doors off anyway. Soran found himself running his hands over his sword and gun nervously. On the upside, these .... ithings couldn't shoot at them. He hoped. It was always the ones that shot back that were trouble.

"Just trust me, alright?" The door gave a loud, screeching noise as the gears attempted to drive it open. Soran adjusted his hat. That was the problem with close combat, he mused. It was so hard to hang onto one's hat when someone was in your face intent on beating you to a bloody pulp. He really needed to find a better way of holding that thing in place. He leaned in to George conspiratorially.

"Ten says Hal has to stitch someone's leg back on" he whispered.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Mirryllo was waiting for the others to decide on a plan while he ran a few calibrations on his Volt Disk. The little saucer shaped device had served him well for years now, but it was obvious that it was starting to get a little worn. Next time he came across a Zennvonian market, he would have to check up on the newer models. He closed the side panel, and was just about to try and see if he could boost the output when Tearen's voice caught his attention.

"Hey Mirryllo, hand me the Multi-Spanner." Tearen said.

Mirryllo gave a mental sigh. Later then I guess. He then folded the saluter and grabber extensions back into the device and handed the little tool over to Tearen.

"Okay, The doors are jammed, but if I give this puppy a jump, the doors might budge just a bit. When that happens, those feral...thingies are going to try and get through. Like Raiyne said. Stab them or break their necks or something. While that's going on, Zearen'll slip through the crevice and do his thing, m'kay?" Tearen said with a strange look of confidence.

Mirrllyo thought this plan was just a little bit risky, but it was probably better that the alternative. He set the output on the Volt Disk to Maximum. It would only give him three shots at most, but at least it would be effective against the creatures. Meanwhile, Tearen had disassembled the door controls, and had managed to get the decayed door to actually move. About a millimeter, but it was progress at least. The small movement was accompanied by a loud harsh sound like grinding metal.

"Mirryllo, on the count of three, zap these wires with your volt-disk. One...two..." Tearen began.

Mirryllo quickly set the power output back down to minimum. Note to self, get a multi-spanner for the captain. He thought as Tearen reached three. Mirryllo gave the wires a small jolt, and the controls briefly lit up as the doors creaked further open.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
The door panel flared with power, and in a shower of sparks, was fried beyond repair. It was okay though, as the blast from the Volt Disk caused the doors to open about a foot with a giant, teeth shattering screech. The sound was still reverberating in Tearen's ears as he turned around just in time to duck a clawed swipe from a sickly claw. Three of the monstrous creatures were trying to squeeze through the crack all at once, effectively jamming themselves. Slavering, crocodilian jaws slavered and snapped through the crevice.

"Ick..." Tearen said, backing up, to get clear of the furiously swiping claws. The creatures howled in consternation. Feeling mischievous, Tearen grabbed one of the swiping arms, and wrenched it the way it wasn't supposed to go. With the sound of a rifle going off, the bones in the creatures arm snapped, and a horrible shriek came from behind the door. Grinning malevolently, Tearen nodded to Soran and Raiyne.

Like vultures closing in on a kill, they mercilessly hacked and slashed at the creatures vulnerable points until the animal sounds subsided. The crack of the door was slick with energy resistant blood. Where's Ryan when you need him? Tearen thought, looking at the blood curiously. Oh well, whatever makes these creatures resistant to energy weapons is in that databank.

Tearen kicked at the corpses, until they flopped messily back through the crevice. Tearen quickly looked around the room with a flashlight, and saw no more creatures.

"Okay, Zearen, get your Gimo to work. The rest of you guys stay out there and get your stabbing reflexes ready."

Zearen gave Tearen an incredulous look. "If you tell me I'm not going to die, I will believe you," He sad looking Tearen solemnly in the eyes.

Tearen simply nodded, saying, "You won't die, I promise"

With this simple conformation, Zearen approached his target. He stood in front of the crack in the door, now dripping with the red brown ooze. He made towards the door, but recoiled in disgust at the repugnant smell of the slime. He looked back at Tearen, "You are sure they are all dead?" Tearen wlaked over towards Zearen, as if to comfort him. However as soon as he was in range, he shoved Zearen through the crack, joyfully yelling Exyan well wishes as Zearen popped out the other side.

Cursing his brother under his breath, he begun to inspect the room. The floor was covered in rubble, making successfully navigating to the computer a slow, but surmountable task. There were random sparks and damaged equipment lying about. Luckily, the computer still seemed operable. Chosing each step carefully, Zearen cut a path through the mess. Upon reaching the computer, he pulled out his geemoe, and brought up all the necessary transfer screens.

After Zearen had been missing for awhile, nervous glances begun to be exchanged. Unable to handle the suspense, George called out, "Zearen, how's it going?"

"Almost done," He replied. After a moments time, he informed, "Download complete, severing connect--" The steel doors slammed shut. More glances were exchanged, but before any words could be spoken, a low haunting gurgle emanated from the door. Zearen could be heard stumbling into a fighting position. "I thought you said they were all dead?" He asked, sounding rather aggrieved.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
Tearen obviously raised his eyebrows at the current events. He tapped at the control pad feebly and casually tossed it aside. It was perplexing how, just as always, things had to go catastrophically wrong before they were able to get off planet. This was fantastically funny to Tearen, and he actually started to chuckle. Then he thought about how his brother was in another mess, and laughed harder. Soon enough, he was cracking up without holding anything back, doubling over in rolling peals of laughter.

"Okay...ha ha...okay. Uh, Zearen...hang on I'll think of something..." Tearen looked around, and suddenly hit him. He suddenly dashed into the darkness, leaving the other crew members of the finale standing around in confusion. Gurgling roars came from within the computer room, and Zearen's occasional yells in an unintelligible language came through, muted and panicked.

Tearen's voice crackled over the radio to the crew.

"Hey, uh guys, you may want to get away from the door. Zearen, get as far away from the door as possible." Tearen called over the radio. Meanwhile, aboard the Celestial Finale, Tearen sat at the controls of one of the defense turrets of the ship.

"Ghaerlli, route power to defense turret six, Hector, give me an internal thermal and kinetic scan on my targeting screen."

The turret cockpit hummed to life, and the screen in front of Tearen blinked on. It showed a rough internal structure scan of the building, as well as the heat signatures of the crew, and Zearen trapped behind the door. Zearen seemed to be holding his own against the creature, though the creature was obviously more suited to movement in the cumbersome landscape. Another item showed up on the scanner, that worried Tearen to a certain extent. The complex was riddled with the creatures, most of them sleeping or as yet too far away from the team to be aware of them.

"Okay, when I blow that blast door down, run like hell back to the ship, cuz a whole slew of those nasties are gonna slide outta the walls, aight?" Tearen said, with an obvious smile in his voice. He saw the crew take cover, while Zearen's panicked voice came over the radio.

"Tearen! Wait! Just hold-"

"Firing!" Tearen yelled, and giggled giddily to himself. He pulled the trigger, and two blasts of kinetic energy blasted their way into the complex. Not built for assault from a star cruiser, the walls of the building sheared apart and tore away as the two salvos made contacts with the blast doors with a cacophonous 'Batoom'. Tearen saw the doors fly inwards like wood-chips caught in the wake of a garden-hose, and the creature Zearen fought was pasted into the far computer bank, though the doors just barely missed clipping Zearen's head off. As the thermal blast from the cannons subsided, Tearen counted that his crew was all there, and beamed to himself.

"Okay guys, you've got about fifty of those nasties slinking your way now, and they're ******. Oh, and don't forget to go through the decontamination chamber once your back aboard. See ya in a bit!" Tearen said cheerily. Sitting in nary but his boxer shorts in the cramped cockpit of the defense turret, the captain smiled to himself. He didn't get that kind of release too often...which was a lie to himself, and he knew it. But Tearen's creedo had long been to live a short life and a merry one. So far, he'd lived a long life by said creedo, and he didn't plan on stopping.

Ghaerlli slowly made it over the rough terrain, happily trapped within his own thoughts. He was actually rather happy at the moment, free of that beast of a girl. He had always found pleasure loneliness. Perhaps it was the higher amount of freedom it offered. When one was alone they didn't have to worry about what others wanted, or what they may be about to do.

"Ghaerlli, route power to defense turret six," He heard Tearen command. He lazily flicked his tentacles over the controls, doing as the captain said. It was odd, that the turret needed power, but Gharlli decided it was not extremely relevant to himself at the time. Besides, he was nearly there; the science station was becoming visible through the underbrush.

It exploded. In such situations ones mind takes a pause in normal linear thought. The first thought occurring to Ghaerlli was, "well that's odd." Then his mind made the next logical step correctly: "My crewmates were in there, I hope they are in good health." However, this is when previously acquired information was ignored, and the mental leap to false conclusions was made. "Who brought a concussive weapon into the staion?" Ghaerlli asked over the comlink.

¬¬¬

The drooling monster slowly approached Zearen with hungry eyes. He slowly circled his staff, locking eyes with the frame of the large armed serpent. It bent back, charging its elastic frame with penetating force before lunging at the shaken human. In a blaze of orange, Zearen pole vaulted over the attack, sinking the end of his stick into the scales of the creatures upper mouth. It spun around, snapping at its rather resistant meal. In one solid move, Zearen blocked the attempt holding his staff vertically to his side. He was beginning to be able to read the snake's movements. Perhaps he could survive this encounter. In a well practiced form, he slammed the opposite end of his weapon down onto the neck of the beast that the facility shattered.

Wait, that wasn't possible, was it? Zearen, still in a heightened state form the fight, perceived a steel door approaching his head at an impossible speed. He skillfully dodged the brick of steel before his world returned to its previous fluency. Nervously, he turned to the side to assay exactly how close to becoming goo he was. As his eyes refocused in response to the quickly changing depth, his nose made contact with metal. Before the acuteness of this literal brush with death sunk in, a deep growling behind him seized his attention. He slowly turned his gaze upwards, meeting eyes with grotesque coil of flesh. An insane smile grew across his face. "Hi," he said. There was a seconds pause, not even the forest made a sound.

Zearen ran like a girl. He quickly climbed over the rumble, his face changing modes to one of duress. The creatures shot after him who, as Tearen had so aptly described, were ******. Zearen practically fell over the debris, rarely regaining two feet. He slipped, rolled and crawled through the impromptu jungle gym with a speed only possible when ones life was in peril. He slid down the final pile before his crew mates in a cloud of dust. There was no reason to wait for them, so he didn't. He just wanted to make it to the ship with all his limbs.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
OOC: Well, it was kinda implied that you follow Zearen's example and run for your lives back to the ship. Of course, if you want to stand and fight, get torn up halfway to hell, THEN run back to the ship, I ain't stoppin' ya.