• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cell phones.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I would, but I'm driving right now.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Personally I would be much happier if they made cell phones that were just phones. By adding mobile computers, cameras and MP3 players, the make cell phones less than adequate. It's supposed to be a telecommunication device instead its a Swiss Army Knife. They need to just make a cell phone that doesn't drop calls!

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Personally I would be much happier if they made cell phones that were just phones. By adding mobile computers, cameras and MP3 players, the make cell phones less than adequate. It's supposed to be a telecommunication device instead its a Swiss Army Knife. They need to just make a cell phone that doesn't drop calls!

you do realise that a) they do still make feature phones and b) dropped calls are the network's problem, not the phones (unless you have an iphone 4 dohoho)

ChedWick

Oh old people.

I'm still rocking the original moto droid. I'm due for an upgrade but I'm sketchy on the Bionic so I'm waiting for the rumored "prime"

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My phone is absolutely ancient, it was a handmedown from my grandmother, several years ago.

It can't show colour, it can't take pictures, but it can phone, it can text, it can play snake. It even has a ring-tone composer, so my phone plays the Zelda Treasure theme whenever I'm texted. It's battery lasts forever, and I don't think I'll upgrade anytime soon.

But what I really want is for it to play tetris.

Momma says the scientists say that them uh cell phones give you uh radioation an' that we ain't gonna be using none of those.

A mobile phone utilises microwaves, a type of EM radiation. High frequency EM radiation is indeed damaging, but microwaves are lower frequency then the type of EM radiation known as light. Considering light doesn't give you cancer, don't be frightened of microwaves.

Unless you're a hamster in a microwave oven. Then you've got problems.

Last edited:

Pinkle

I have the iPhone4, and as soon as my contract ends I am not going to get another phone from apple. No chance.

Dodgy signal, dodgy home button, apps crash alot.

I'mma get myself maybe the HTC or Samsung smart phones.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I hardly ever use my phone, but I keep it handy in case I need to call someone. Sometimes I need to be picked up from school or need to communicate with a family member when I'm in an amusement park. That's pretty much all I ever need it for. I'm not complaining that there are phones more advanced than my computer, but I'm not buying one because I simply don't need it.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I have an iphone that I just use for texting. It works. Like a boss

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
I'mma get myself maybe the HTC or Samsung smart phones.

i have a HTC Desire, and I have a friend with a Samsung Galaxy SII, both are great

mine wasn't so great stock but it's an older phone now and it runs like a dream with a custom rom on it, i'd highly recommend android to anyone

Larry

I have the iPhone for and plan on getting the next one when my contract is up.

STICKTOPIA

you do realise that a) they do still make feature phones and b) dropped calls are the network's problem, not the phones (unless you have an iphone 4 dohoho)
Unless that iPhone is at&t because I have the iPhone 4 with verizon wireless and I didn't drop a call once.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
My phone was cheap and is used to text and call, thats all I need (that and the radio.). I dislike the people who get a phone with all the bits and bobs, then get a new one two months later because they are 'bored of it already'.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
My phone's pretty old(...as I realize that 4+ years is old for a phone now), but I don't really care since I only use it for calls/text/occasional photos. God knows I don't need an iPhone/some other phone that would let me go on the internet even more than I do now.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I dislike the people who get a phone with all the bits and bobs, then get a new one two months later because they are 'bored of it already'.

That sir, is why the economy sucks.

You're absolutely right, all we need is texting/calling(even texting isn't needed...) The other stuff is just a luxury, but people seem to think it's neccesary that they get the best and most updated of anything and trash anything that's old.

Speaking of....I hate how I hate to talk on the phone now because of texting...

Titan500

Solar Panels
I use a Blackberry Storm, which I believe I have sort of killed. I can't press the bloody 'm' on the keyboard on the touch screen since I have sort of screwed up the screen.