• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Censored pokemon manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Much better.

This was actually in the English release of Electric Tale of Pikachu o_o?

WOW. "And who's this sexy lady? *pats butt twice, looks at butt*" Smooth, Gold. How old is he supposed to be again? And this is in the re-release of the manga, or an early release?

I don't remember, is there an actual Silver/Green (female) pairing floating around somewhere that I haven't seen? I haven't really read the manga up to that point in the G/S/C arc, so I don't know how much the two interacted prior to that. Not that I plan on shipping it...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
WOW. "And who's this sexy lady? *pats butt twice, looks at butt*" Smooth, Gold. How old is he supposed to be again? And this is in the re-release of the manga, or an early release?

That's from the Chuang Yi release. The original Viz release didn't get that far. No idea what their new version did here.

I don't remember, is there an actual Silver/Green (female) pairing floating around somewhere that I haven't seen? I haven't really read the manga up to that point in the G/S/C arc, so I don't know how much the two interacted prior to that. Not that I plan on shipping it...

Their backstories are connected. Her part in the GSC arc is pretty much entirely based around her connection to Silver.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Viz translation made it so that Gold was going to touch her shoulder, but she moved.

...Without ever making a single edit to his giant grinning face. *Cough*

matt0044

The Viz translation made it so that Gold was going to touch her shoulder, but she moved.

...Without ever making a single edit to his giant grinning face. *Cough*

Oh, Gold... :)

Manga Reader X

Last edited:

matt0044

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here's the VIZ edition of the pervy Gold butt slap scene: http://i1.minus.com/iKgTYQ1tZys6x.png

Lol, they made Green Silver's sister? Really? I feel like I'm missing something...

Also, here's an edit comparison list between the Japanese volume editions and the VIZ editions of The Electric Tale of Pikachu: http://web.archive.org/web/20090306082526/http://ncnc123.50megs.com/dengenki/series.html

Okay, so I saw Linkara's review on the first issue of Electric Tale of Pikachu, and Daisy (May... whatever Gary's sister's name is here) still had perky breasts. Unless he found the scans online for his show, I don't think a lot of the first issue was completely edited. Maybe not at first, I don't know...

But yeah... breasts flopping around in Pokémon. For kids.

Something you should normally see only in doujinshis, fanart, and fanfiction, really, because kids are less likely to see tho--oh wait...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Lol, they made Green Silver's sister? Really? I feel like I'm missing something...

He calls her "Blue-neesan" in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

matt0044

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here's a scene from Pokémon Pocket Monsters: http://slimegalaxy.tumblr.com/post/43617143512

I was wondering where the poop jokes were. It's not Japan/based off Toriyama's style if it doesn't have potty humor. And even then I don't remember anything in DragonBall about poop being funny.

Man, imagine if THIS was the basis for the Anime. 4kids would have their work cut out for them.

Which is funny, because Digimon did this kind of humor a lot, though the dubbed dialogue was changed around it. Garbagemon (I think that's their name) throw poop as part of their attacks, and Sukamon is basically a poop Digimon that can talk. And Koromon in the real world pooped and it was smelly. Complete with roses!

Until the movie in which it wasn't edited in any way, shape or form and it was obvious it was poop.

Last edited:

matt0044

Manga Reader X

matt0044

I would've changed it to Ruby being thrown with little indication of Norman's punch.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Another instance of a grown adult beating up children, and it's removed. I understand why they did that here, but I think in terms of context... it doesn't make sense? I haven't read up to that part anyway, so I don't really know what's going on except now Norman's a jerk. (Seriously, manga, why are you making some of these gym leaders assholes if they weren't shown as such in the games? Yeah, I understand that it's basically a ruse to normal people, but it's really disturbing.)

I think the one where they censored/altered Crystal getting slapped to just recoiling from a death glare is still the dumbest edit on this thread.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
...I regret clicking those links...

Because we're on the theme of censorship, I recall when I read the fan-translated version (straight from the original Japanese) of the Gold and Silver manga online, I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable with the amount of times Gold dropped some nasty swear words. However, I know that swearing isn't seen as so bad in Japan, and thus, words that should translate badly usually just become something less...impacting.

diakyu

I haven't read u to that part anyway, so I don't really know what's going on except now Norman's a jerk. (Seriously, manga, why are you making some of these gym leaders assholes if they weren't shown as such in the games? Yeah, I understand that it's basically a ruse to normal people, but it's really disturbing.)
His jerkness is very justified in this case. Read up on it, Norman and Ruby's relationship with each-other is one of the best parts of the RS chapter.

And I still think that's the best censor ever. It's so random I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.