• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

certaian Gen 2 pokemon that you never evolve??

silverporygon767

pokemon prof
Ok, basically this is a thread that I Created to discuss if and why you choose certain pokemon in your soulsilver and or heartgold game NOT to evolve them and purposely stop their evolutions...

For example, I choose not to evolve my cydaquil At all because of the fact I think imho it looks cooler as a cyndaquil, plus it leanrs all it's moves faster...

what Gen 2 pokemon do you usually keep in it's same form the entire time if any???

Discuss!!! :D

For me, it would be Murkrow. I find that Honchkrow was not a good evolution for Murkrow, one of my favourite Pokemon, as much as I may like it. As such, I choose to keep my Murkrows unevolved due to prefering them.

Kalosian

So long
Porygon2, but only sometimes. Depending on what I have planned for it, I might not evolve it all the way into Porygon-Z. Other than that, I evolve all Pokemon into their final forms.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Smoochum, I don't like Jynx at all

silverporygon767

pokemon prof
Jynx Is a very strange pokemon...lets just say that lol.. anyways I usually don't evolve murkrow at all either, he is one of my fave dark types in Gen 2 as well!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't usually evolve Togepi because I like having the little overworld sprite following me and because I prefer Togepi over Togetic and Togekiss. I just think it's so darn cute. :3

Cutty

Forever now
I've never even hatched Togepi...
I got 3 different shiny starters in my 3 HG/SS games, and I decided not to evolve them at all. I use them as HM slaves instead, lol.

Jeppo

I've never evolved Rhydon into Rhyperior. Its name is so cool, but its sprite.. Ugh. Rhydon looks pretty cool, though!

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Nope, I evolve all Pokemon possible. I can't stand using pre-evolved Pokemon before I get tough.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
How is that possible though, bc doesn't an egg hatch based on how many steps you take in the game??

Simply putting the egg into the box upon receiving it in Violet will make it never hatch

On-Topic: I can't think of anything I don't evolve. If anything it would be anything that needs to be traded to evolve because I only have 1 DS hah

Bananarama

The light is coming
I procrastinate on evolving Togepi because there's a neat little Easter Egg with the Cerulean Gym involving Togepi, and I don't like passing up on that opportunity.