• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cerulean Blue! (006)

poke_girl

The Amazing
Alfonso said:
In a different f*cking episode. People were asking if the Brothers were working for Team Rocket in THIS episode. THIS episode is not 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'.
gah, don't get moody, I made an edit.. they said WHEN they where... they didn't say they still where...

edit: right.. I might of missed people asking.. (was it me asking??? wow that is poor memory.. I just forgot what they did last time..)
miss understood what you was saying I think, I think.. (a couple of re-reads help)

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
Batdude said:
Unfortunately not everyone has access to the originals, nor would they have the lingual skills to understand what's happening. As much as people may not like it and moan about how the dub changes some things, the dub is the only thing a lot of us have to go on. And while it may not have all the same things as the Japanese version (like changing an obviously female looking male into a female) it is still, whether you like it or not, all we have to go on.

And for the record, it never said in the dub it was the same Gyarados. Misty was talking about how she was afraid of Gyarados. Not necessarily that Gyarados. She never once said that it was specifically that Gyarados. She said 'I've been afraid of it ever since', but unless she gave it a specific name I fail to see how it implied that it was the same Gyarados.

Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3

Batdude

Old school
Alfonso said:
Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3
And my point about Gyarados wasn't directed solely at you. But don't worry about it! *pats on head*

Since it's continuously being talked about the mistakes in the dub version, what exactly did the japanese version say when the three bozos showed up? Did it mention their affiliation with Team Rocket in the past? (this is actually a genuine question)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!

Alfonso

Derpgull
ChaosMage said:
Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!

I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.

Seriously, Misty didn't know who they were? o___o; Was this present in the Japanese version, I wonder.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Alfonso said:
I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.

Maybe it meant a lot to them. They *are* wannabe thugs, after all. And you remember the popularity of wannabe agents according to the woman with the Delibird.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Cybercubed said:
Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.
they only say they used to... and they sorta did.. not for long but... hey at least the continutiveity is there o_O;

No problems with this ep except

*Punching Type
*Those Brothers called Misty Ponytail
*Misty didn't remember who the brothers are
*The lamest line ever "We're not Team Rocket but we're blasting off!" *shudders*

Most other stuff was good.

F

Factory Head Noland

Btw it's called "Cerulean Blues!"

An excellent episode, one of the best Chronicles episodes so far. It was great to see how Misty runs the Cerulean Gym.
I liked how they kept the title screen from Master Quest, my favourite title screen ^_^ but the globe in the background wasn't spinning...nice font also.
At least there weren't that many mistakes, the Brothers kept their names and all, the announcer did call Hitmonchan a "Punching" type though...

Overall 9.3/10
Excellent episode, music was changed at the end which sux0rz!

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
When does Cerulean Blue repeat on Toonami? I missed it yesterday. >_>

From the comments I've read, it's better than most of the Chronicles so far...

F

Factory Head Noland

I'm positive it repeats tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.

It is such a great episode, the best Chronicles so far. I'm definatly buying DVD 2.

Chris

Old Coot
Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?

And yet Ash, Misty and Brock have al been able to remember people they met ages ago, AND their names? Yet Misty can't remember three people she battled only a few days ago. Kinda dumb, if you ask me. :p

Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'. :D

F

Factory Head Noland

Hitmonchan was referred to as a Punching type not the Punching Pokemon twice during the episode.

I think everyone knows about Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop...

poke_girl

The Amazing
Alfonso said:
Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'. :D
when on earth was that?!

Also I noticed a few seconds from the end when she dives in are missing O_O

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
This was a really good episode, I sooooo love the Pokémon brothers! Damn I wish they'd won.

The match itself was quite entertaining, Hitmonchan's faking of an illness should have been made legal, they screwed the pokémon brothers out of that one. *******s.

Nice touch towards the end as well with Misty getting up close and personal with the Gyarados, and hey I thought she said she already was a gym leader (ish) back in the "Water Flowers Of Cerulean City!", but being able to control a Gyarados I guess makes her now officially one.

All voices were well dubbed, apart from Politoed's which to be fair did sound a little messed up.

This episode probably beats Brock's one, for the fact that the Pokémon brothers were in it. :shifty:

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

wouldnt hitmonchan's illegal move be called faint attack?

cant wait for were no angels

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Upon watching this episode again I have produced a running commentary. Here goes:

- Gyarados needs some character development. In this episode, he pretty much does what I would have done in his position up until the very end. Actually, maybe even then, because if I could blow stuff up at will I think I'd do a lot of that.
- Here are the Blues Brothers ripoffs. *kicks the animators* DO NOT RIP OFF THE BLUES BROTHERS!
- Who are the guys in the white t-shirts, what are they doing there, and how do they magically teleport out of the water?
- Psyduck can jump like Super Mario. I must remember this if I write a fanfic.
- Karate Blues Brothers. This episode angers me.
- Lily’s socks-and-slip-ons look is bad. I think that’s Lily. Could be wrong. Doubt it.
- And NOW begins the drug-induced lunacy. Come forth mermaid costume, and let the sixties spirit take hold!
- How is she talking underwater?
- Underwater over a minute, mouth constantly open. No sign of drowning until halfway through getting beaten up? I suspect Misty has super powers.
- And there's Horsea, infamously groping her…and she’s watching it! This is beautiful! Oh, Pokemopolis is going to have a field day, man oh man.
- Colored haze. If that doesn't convey the inspiration for this, what does?
- How can these people rig up a pulley so fast? Or maybe Gyarados is stupid.
- His microphone is connected to what? And all those people showed up in seconds. They need lives. Badly.
- I hate those brothers. They annoy me. And why are they on the high-dive like that?
- Weird guys again. Why are they there?
- Staryu should never have won this. How is that cheating? But it does make a cool-*** nightlight.
- Togepi. I loathe thee.
- Once again Misty shows that she is stupid. No, fool, you WANT Gyarados to get hurt so that it can be captured. Alternately you should just use that little tractor beam to recall Corsola.
- So instead of being told to stay away from sharp objects, Misty is declared a gym leader for nearly dying twice. I think this proves that her sisters are not as stupid as some have presumed – would you want a job where THIS is expected of you?
- That’s Charizard in the closing! We love Charizard! Everyone loves Charizard! Except the writers, but screw them, we love Charizard!

The moral: Do not screw with Charizard.