• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cerulean Blue! (006)

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.

Interesting to see the Invincible Pokemon Bros. again. Although they're supposed to be the greatest trainers in Veridian City, not the gym leaders of the Cerulean Gym. XD

And of course I'm glad to see how Misty captured that Gyarados.

Misty always loved Tentacruel, too bad she didn't show any love for them in this episode.

Once again, we witness a Joy that does something other than being a nurse. I particularly liked the psychiatrist(sp?) Joy, with the glasses, in that Chikorita episode. ^^

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.

Kamex said:
Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.

Interesting to see the Invincible Pokemon Bros. again. Although they're supposed to be the greatest trainers in Veridian City, not the gym leaders of the Cerulean Gym. XD

Misty always loved Tentacruel, too bad she didn't show any love for them in this episode.

Once again, we witness a Joy that does something other than being a nurse. I particularly liked the psychiatrist(sp?) Joy, with the glasses, in that Chikorita episode. ^^

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.
Uhh it tried to kill her.I would'nt show affection towards something doing that.

GoldSilverCrys

Anyway, yeah. 7/10.

True- but then again, seems that the theme in recent eps is for someone to take over one gym, then change it's speciality. Weird. What if they did it to other gyms- just thinking.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
This episode seems to support this theory I've had about Misty for many years now: Misty is a REAL mermaid. Think about it; Misty was dancing and TALKING underwater. Anime time doesn't equal real time, but if I had to predict, about 2 minutes passed inbetween the time Misty dived in the water, and Gyarados created the whirlpool. When in the whirlpool, she was screaming as well, and I'd say about 25-30 seconds passed until Misty blacked out. Being around water all the time probably means she has better lung capacity than the average person, but no one could do what Misty did without having to surface 3 or 4 times.

Battra

Really enjoyed this episode, Misty is really at her best when she's in her element, plus it's always nice to see Misty in her mermaid outfit.

ty_kwon_dork

Grass Pokemon Guru
This episode seems to support this theory I've had about Misty for many years now: Misty is a REAL mermaid. Think about it; Misty was dancing and TALKING underwater. Anime time doesn't equal real time, but if I had to predict, about 2 minutes passed inbetween the time Misty dived in the water, and Gyarados created the whirlpool. When in the whirlpool, she was screaming as well, and I'd say about 25-30 seconds passed until Misty blacked out. Being around water all the time probably means she has better lung capacity than the average person, but no one could do what Misty did without having to surface 3 or 4 times.

yeah that kind of got on my nerves... u cant breathe or talk underwater... but it is a anime cartoon for u... i'm gonna laugh one day when they get sewed when a girl tries to talk underwater and she almost drowns

yeah that kind of got on my nerves... u cant breathe or talk underwater... but it is a anime cartoon for u... i'm gonna laugh one day when they get sewed when a girl tries to talk underwater and she almost drowns

and the fact she got hit with at least 100 Poison Stings and not be injured.

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
Nice to see that they had some originality by making Misty continue leading her gym and Brock not. Although that decision had more to do with who they wanted to continue traveling with Ash, I guess.QUOTE]

Actually it had something to do with the proper runninh of the Gyms themselves. Brock had Forrest and his parents to run the Gym, Misty had her older sisters who were off on a world tour, and even when they are there I can't imagine them doing any good or winning any battles. I'm pretty sure Misty would have liked to travel with Ash again, but her responsibilities come first.

uber gon

Accept Change
I liked the Japanese version, where Horsea tried to snuggle with Misty's boobs (or what there are of them) in order to wake her up while she's drowning. Damn 4kids cut that part out, ah well.

Yeah, 4Kids cut out/edited a majority of the Chronicles.

Anyone here think that if Misty had a Gyrados in the first place she'd a a FAR more interesting character. She was pretty cool when she showed it off in that one Togepi episode.

d_dan_n

<= Sabrina!
I fought this episode was great! Misty is one of my favourite characters

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
IMO, as the episode opened, and especially as the narrator mentioned Ash, Misty looked kind of wistfully sad... IMO this had lots of minor Pokéshippy moments, but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part. I like how Misty cared for her Pokémon, though, especially Gyarados.

Caelesti

dancing queen
but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part.

I thought that too! This episode made me hate those stupid brothers. They almost ruined Misty's hopes of becoming a Gym Leader... and they almost killed her. I love that Misty faced her fears and got a Gyrados. It's also always great to see her in that mermaid costume. :D

Caelesti

dancing queen
but that's probably just wistful thinking on my part.

I thought that too! This episode made me hate those stupid brothers. They almost ruined Misty's hopes of becoming a Gym Leader... and they almost killed her. I love that Misty faced her fears and got a Gyrados. It's also always great to see her in that mermaid costume. :D

J-boogie200

Episode rocks! Love Misty and all her pokemon. Hope she becomes the world's greatest water pokemon trainer and to see another Ash vs Misty rematch with her new team would be so cool!

J-boogie200

Episode rocks! Love Misty and all her pokemon. Hope she becomes the world's greatest water pokemon trainer and to see another Ash vs Misty rematch with her new team would be so cool!

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This was a great Misty episode, because it showed how she had adjusted to becoming a gym leader.

milenadrg

Great episode. I was glad seeing Misty becaming a Gym Leader and Gyarados in this episode was great!
The funny part of episode was when Hitmonchan acted it don't knows how to swim...:D

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was great episode and Misty definantly deserved to be the gym leader of the Cerulean Gym. I was surprised that right when she got to the gym she already had problems to deal with. I thought it was very brave of her to try and save Gyrados even though she has a major fear of them (and I don't blame her after what happened). I was also surprised that the Invinsible Pokemon Brothers made a reappearence. They obviously cheated in the way they battled her, but I respected Misty for staying calm. Now, I thought things definantly got out of hand once the Tentacruel's kept using Poison Sting when Misty was taking the hits. I was glad Gyrados was able to break out of the cage and rescue her. It is good to see that Misty finally got over her fear of Gyrados. I think she will make a great gym leader. It is too bad she can't travel with Ash anymore, because she obviously misses him.

pokemon fan 132

Ah yes the first episode focusing on Misty in chronicles.Thruth to be told this was a great episode,built with suspence and unpredictable scenes.Misty really showed how strong and independant can be,aswell her love for water types doing anything she can to protect them.It was nice that she passed the test,taking care of gym preventing it from being shut down.

Whole mermaid scene really brought memories from "Misty Mermaid" episode and she really looks beautiful with long hair down,expressing her beauty even more.Conflict with brothers was in least hand shocking,i didnt expected at all that she would be in such danger of being killed when Tentacruels attacked her(ones she always admired almost killed her,whan an irony),but thankfully Gyarados recognized that Misty was willing to do anything in her power to protect him saving her and allowing her to overcome her long time fear from it.

Great episode.