• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chaining Pokemon ( fishing and radar stories )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
First of all is this tread okay to start, because the last one has been closed for a year?This thread will be about your Chaning for pokemon, fishing or radar (maybe both) stories.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Well since there has been no notices,
I would just like to say that when I was chaining a couple months ago for a carnivne, I freaked out when Articino pop out, I was thinking man there goes my 30 streak and after it fled I walked off to go do something else. I didn't find out until lter that roaming legends don't affect your chain, then I was aww fudge, I should've stayed there.

So what are your stories?
You can also post your latest shiny you found by Chaining here as well.

JCMPerry

I tried the fishing chaining recently, and I got to a streak of 150 and was about to give up. I thought I'd try one more, mostly due to the fact that there are 151 original Pokemon and out pops a shiny Clawitzer. It is Adamant instead of Modest but has still made its way onto my competitive team.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
One of my favorite XY memories is when I found a Shiny Gyarados in 9 encounters chain fishing. I was so happy that night.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I haven't chain fished much in XY. I tried it once to see what its like and got a shiny Clauncher. It's a nice way to get some trophy shinies, but I don't like that you can't even try to control the nature of the shiny with a synchronizer.

Last edited:

Maserati777

Since March 2016 I've fish chained 86 shinies, I'm going for a living dex and so far I have all but Cloyster and Huntail.

My shortest fish chain is a tie of 4 reels for a Staryu and an Alomomola. The Staryu was actually the first Staryu to appear on the chain.

My longest fish chain before a shiny was 241 for a shiny Basculin. I was actually going for the Dratini, and actually got the 5% shiny Dratini the next time I chained at 61. Only had 8 shiny Basculin and Poliwhirl before Dratini.

My first time fish chaining in Omega Ruby I first got a Magikarp, then a Tentacool, while fishing for a second Tentacool to evolve I caught 6 more shiny Magikarp before Tentacool appeared.

My first ever fish chain was for Corsola, I didn't know about being near rocks so I fished in the middle of the lake, I did have suction cups however. Corsola was my 3rd shiny ever, after 2 random encounter shinies, and it appeared at 97 encounters.

The shiny I have the most of from fish chaining is Skrelp, I have 11. And fished chained 1 Dragalge.

Status
Not open for further replies.