• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Challenge of the Samurai (004)

I like how the Samurais name was... Samurai. LMAO.

Battra

A ok episode I enjoyed seeing Ashes first one on one battle. The battle was rather on the boring side both Pinsir and Metapod should know more then 1 move each,but I guess i'm a bit spoiled comparing this one to later episodes in which the battles are better. I loved the evolution scenes for Metapod & Kakuna it makes Pokemon seem more real basing their evolutions after regular insects. I got a good laugh at the Cowterpie joke. I noticed that Satoshi (Ashes Japanese name) was written on the sleeping bag when Ash & Misty were sleeping in Samurai's cabin, i'm surprised 4Kids missed that.

Alastor DMc

When it originally aired by me, I didn't start watching until the fake safari zone episode (with the kangaskhan kid). I watched every episode until they re-aired them from number one again, and this was the only episode I missed. It wasn't until 2 years later that I finally saw this episode, and when I did, I was impressed.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I liked this episode. I liked how fast Metapod evolved into Butterfree, which is kind of like how the games are.

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
One extremely old skool ep. Quite a bit of Pokéshippyness if you pay lots of attention. I liked Caterpie evolving, and Misty making friends with Pikachu was a nice touch. The dub was a little dodgy, though.

Dattebayo

Banned
I felt like that the Metapod vs. Metapod battle almost took forever to end. This should be another example for a never ending battle.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
Caterpie evolved pretty fast, similar to in the games. And Samurai is now on my list of people who I want to return.

mifune

I do love the episodes that seem to have a real purpose, meaning they wanted metapod to somehow to get to butterfree and having him in a no-win/no lose battle was the perfect way to do it.

Elite Four Muadita

Man this episodes rock so much!!! I love the metapod vs metapod never ending battle...

Batdude

Old school
I liked how once Samurai took off his armour he was clearly just a bug catcher...

I dunno why, but I really liked when he was talking about battling Gary and the others... He says something like "those were three spectacular matches", and the pictures they showed made it seem like the others' starters were all top notch.

Beedrill rocks too. I liked how they managed to break holes in his cabin, but yet stopped trying to get in...

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This episode cracked me up, when Ash and the Samurai had a Metapod battle, all it could do was harden so no-one was ever going to win.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Heh, Samurai... always calling Ash "novice" XD

They spent an entire day trying to see whose Metapod could harden more. terrible innuendo, anyone? *shot*

But I'm glad Metapod evolved ^_^ Butterfree is awesome! Episode is definitely a classic.

dagon22

Charmander master!
I liked the metapod vs metapod. Back in the day, this was how I found out that metapod evolved. I also remember not knowing what a novice was. When I found out, it made a lot more sense.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Samurai is a joke. First he tries to kill Ash with that sword than said it was Ash's fault that weedle got away, then he blames him for leaving metapod when a swarm of bees tries to kill him. He's the worst character.