• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

challenge team

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Doing this. Give that a read if you're interested. It explains why I cannot change these team members.

Anyway here I go.

609.png
  • Shandera @ Leftovers
  • Flash Fire
  • Timid Nature
  • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    • Flamethrower
    • Shadow Ball
    • Energy Ball
    • Calm Mind

230.png
  • Neptune @ Life Orb
  • Sniper
  • Modest Nature
  • 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Def
    • Surf
    • Dragon Pulse
    • Agility
    • Hidden Power [Fighting]

213.png
  • Joebii @ Leftovers
  • Sturdy
  • Impish Nature
  • 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef / 4 Spe
    • Toxic
    • Rest
    • Protect / Encore
    • Power Split

379.png
  • Metulhed @ Leftovers
  • Clear Body
  • Adamant Nature
  • 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
    • Iron Head
    • Earthquake
    • Curse
    • Rock Slide

288.png
  • ADHD @ Evolite
  • Vital Spirit
  • Jolly Nature
  • 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    • Return
    • Slack Off
    • Shadow Claw
    • Bulk Up

337.png
  • Majora @ Leftovers
  • Levitate
  • Modest Nature
  • 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spe
    • Psyshock
    • Ice Beam
    • Earth Power
    • Calm Mind

Descriptions coming later maybe. Fire away.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
inb4 robot rock on Registeel.

already done it

Obviously no CB with Bulk Up on ADHD.

yeah bulk-up was an afterthought while i was writing it which is why cb is still in there. i'll fix that.

I dunno, Sleep Talk on Shuckle?
eh, it'd only really be spamming toxic and rest though and if i'm lucky encore or protect, the former of which is situational regardless. i need more control than that really.

I can't find much errors so...

sweet

Last edited:

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Yoyoyo.

Why not HP[Fighting] on Kingdra? Maybe I'm rusty, but with Water + Dragon, only Empoleon and Ferrothorn would commonly bother you, yeah? So that seems right, idk.

Well if you're going to stall with Shuckle, and you don't mind being Taunt bait, I suppose you could toss Power Split in the final slot, in case something is too powerful...though I wouldn't know.

Please, if you're going to use Vigoroth, use an Eviolite. It's allowed, right? That'll give it a good edge, and make it way more viable than usual on your team.

Done.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Why not HP[Fighting] on Kingdra? Maybe I'm rusty, but with Water + Dragon, only Empoleon and Ferrothorn would commonly bother you, yeah? So that seems right, idk.

i don't see why not. never actually realised it had such good coverage. but then, dragon is a hard thing to resist soooooo agreed.

Well if you're going to stall with Shuckle, and you don't mind being Taunt bait, I suppose you could toss Power Split in the final slot, in case something is too powerful...though I wouldn't know.

yeah i was considering that. there's nothing really that would benefit from being power splitted by shuckle, but i just wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make anyway. i'll give it some more thought and see if anyone else seconds this but yeah you're probably right.

Please, if you're going to use Vigoroth, use an Eviolite. It's allowed, right? That'll give it a good edge, and make it way more viable than usual on your team.

i am ashamed that i ever called myself a rater for missing this. absolutely done.

thanks man

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Well Dragon + Fighting on its own is only blocked by Shedinja, and Water is blocked by, what, Water and Grass? So the only thing that can block Water + Dragon are the things Water can't hit + a Steel type. Ergo, Fighting is needed.

I'd say it more of an issue for what Power Split hinders, not helps. Your main reason for using it is to cut their strength down as much as possible. It may not be useful on everything, but if you go up against something like, idk, CB Haxorus, it might be more useful. But like I said, I'm no Shuckle stall expert.

Hahaha I wasn't sure why you weren't using it, especially since 80/80/55 defences can make fairly good use of the Eviolite. Not to mention Vigoroth's access to Bulk Up, Amnesia, Slack Off, and a very usable 90 base Spe.

No problem dude.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well Dragon + Fighting on its own is only blocked by Shedinja, and Water is blocked by, what, Water and Grass? So the only thing that can block Water + Dragon are the things Water can't hit + a Steel type. Ergo, Fighting is needed.

dragon is a better type than i imagined lol. seems like dragon + anything that can hit steel is awesome. what about ground? brb quick theorymon session lol

I'd say it more of an issue for what Power Split hinders, not helps. Your main reason for using it is to cut their strength down as much as possible. It may not be useful on everything, but if you go up against something like, idk, CB Haxorus, it might be more useful. But like I said, I'm no Shuckle stall expert.

yea when i said "doesn't benefit much" i meant hinders most things x)

Hahaha I wasn't sure why you weren't using it, especially since 80/80/55 defences can make fairly good use of the Eviolite. Not to mention Vigoroth's access to Bulk Up, Amnesia, Slack Off, and a very usable 90 base Spe.

vigoroth using slack off wtf. would you say to use it > bulk up?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
dragon/ground hits everything except skarm and lev zong so that works with water

slack off / bulk up / return / shadow claw should be fine for in-game, just switch away from rocks/steels (or use BB instead of shadow claw and do the same for ghosts).

not much to say really

Vandslaux

Maybe Struggle Bug on Shuckle? It lowers their SAtk, making you even more impenetrable. Also, I've only found Shuckle to really be worth using in Sandstorm, but that's just me.

About Power Split: Shuckle has what, like, 20-30 in both offensive stats? Come in against a Chandelure, they find themselves with about 200 Special Attack. Same with Haxorus and Darmanitan. (or, at least very low offensive stats for their level...)

Last edited:

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
I would replace Vigoroth with Zangoose if I were you, as its movepool is better and hits harder, and you can basically run the same role but replace Brick Break with Close Combat and shadow claw with either night slash or x-scissor, and bulk up isn't good for a fast, soft sweep so put Swords dance on Zangoose instead, but you might need a focus band just in case.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I would replace Vigoroth with Zangoose if I were you, as its movepool is better and hits harder, and you can basically run the same role but replace Brick Break with Close Combat and shadow claw with either night slash or x-scissor, and bulk up isn't good for a fast, soft sweep so put Swords dance on Zangoose instead, but you might need a focus band just in case.

You obviously can't read.

I've really got nothing else to say in all honesty. Just the really minor nitpicks that have been mentioned by others like running Vigoroth with an eviolite, and yeah. Nice team.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
oh damn, didn't see that. sorry bout that

though Evolite wouldn't make that much of a difference as adding 20+ def wouldn't help in your primary role, so I would rather he run it with either focus/counter or salacc/reversal or focus/reversal

Last edited:
holy crap ungulateman posted

What about Knock Off or something? That blows in-game, but Cheren has ridiculous items. Really, Shuckle in-game blows in the first place, but still.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
dragon/ground hits everything except skarm and lev zong so that works with water

so we have ground and fighting working? which tbh makes sense since they're getting very similar coverage. what i might do though is follow your next suggestion of dropping brick break and throw in hp[fighting] here to make up for it.

slack off / bulk up / return / shadow claw should be fine for in-game, just switch away from rocks/steels (or use BB instead of shadow claw and do the same for ghosts).

yeah sounds good. especially since elsewhere there's more or less no instant recovery outside of lolshuckle.

Maybe Struggle Bug on Shuckle? It lowers their SAtk, making you even more impenetrable. Also, I've only found Shuckle to really be worth using in Sandstorm, but that's just me.

yeah a sandstorm isn't gonna happen and really a power split would be overall more useful than struggle bug imo since the first use reduces spatk more than struggle bug and it can work on physical opponents too. not gonna give it sandstorm, it hinders three of my members.

About Power Split: Shuckle has what, like, 20-30 in both offensive stats? Come in against a Chandelure, they find themselves with about 200 Special Attack. Same with Haxorus and Darmanitan. (or, at least very low offensive stats for their level...)

yeah gonna use that.

trust me if i could change pokémon then i would not be using shuckle. but yeah you know now that i can't change.

though Evolite wouldn't make that much of a difference as adding 20+ def wouldn't help in your primary role, so I would rather he run it with either focus/counter or salacc/reversal or focus/reversal

sorry? bulk up + slack off (as ungulateman said) + 50% defence right off the bat is much too good to turn down. you just listed three one-use items anyway so nope.

holy crap ungulateman posted

ikr

What about Knock Off or something? That blows in-game, but Cheren has ridiculous items. Really, Shuckle in-game blows in the first place, but still.

nah it won't get used enough.

thanks people

edit: k updated. anything else? what about protect vs encore on lolshuckle?

Last edited: