• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Challenge! The Pokémon Water Obstacle Course!! (1152)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I like how Koharu's being kind and encouraging to her eevee while Ash is like "well, you tried" to Dracovish and "guess you weren't good enough" to Pikachu

Tell us how you really feel about the anime's poster child, writers
The truth is these fillers actually reveal the true intentions and personalities of our leads.

That Plusle and Minum filler revealed Goh is as stupid as Ash, and Ash is Patrick Star.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The truth is these fillers actually reveal the true intentions and personalities of our leads.

That Plusle and Minum filler revealed Goh is as stupid as Ash, and Ash is Patrick Star.
I thought this was pretty obvious from the first several episodes?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It was a pretty decent ep imo, mostly just for vish being a lovable oddball.

They were also laying it on pretty thick with the whole koharu and evee ‘choosing your own future’ parallelism. Like we get it already, they’re in the same boat. Though honestly i don’t feel like the ep actually did anything for koharu, and she’s still just the dedicated evee carrier. So actually they might’ve not layed on parallelism thick enough.

Dewgong is a simp and as usual they boys were just kinda there. At least kinda stood out since the interactions with vish is still pretty new.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Chloe is mostly a glorified supporting character with no goal
Did you miss the part where she's not sure what she wants to do with her life and as such has come to the conclusion to basically try everything and learn?

...you know, like a sane person, instead of hyper-focusing battles or captures like Ash and Go, which leads to them being the flat one-dimensional characters for a change

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I forgot what it was like to have Pokemon interact. It's been 3000 years...

So we now have a confirmation of what Koharu and Eevee will be working towards, but what will Koharu's personal development be? When Eevee evolves/decides to not evolves, will she be useless? Knowing this series they'll offscreen all the development the episode after it's introduced.

Fun episode, Mr. Fish and Brock 2.0 were cool. Nice to have an actual plot.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Essay time?!
I see the opening narration has been updated to include the updated roster for Ash & Go. It's been a hot minute since I had to google search the name of a town, in this case Lilycove City, though I do like that the Water Obstacle Course event takes place in the region with too much water according to IGN (smile). One thing I did like was the scene underwater, showing water pokemon in the Hoenn dex like Huntail, Chinchou, etc and Go's failure at catching a Gorebyss was hilarious (Silly Go this is mainly a Koharu episode), and seeing Dewgong gush over a Gorebyss made me think "This is going to escalate into a problem isn't it?", then lo and behold during the race it happens again and a Huntail, who is later revealed to be the Gorebyss' partner got mad to the point of sealing Dewgong as well as Koharu and Eevee into a cove, and in trying to help them, we see Ash's Dracovish learn Fiscious Rend, so at least Dracovish got something out of this episode, just like Koharu, who was given a Water Stone as an option for Eevee and I do like that Eevee is in no rush to decide what it wants from life, providing further scope for development down the line. Sucks to be Go though, he got nothing from this episode.

On another note, I do like he fake-out that the current opening provides, showing Iris in her original outfit and then the special preview shows her in her BW2 outfit, thus surprising us, though given that Lance reappeared with his HGSS attire, this shouldn't be a shock.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Her goal now is collect evolutionary stones like badges. When she has all of them, we'll know what happens to that Eevee.
Good one, man.

To be honest, I wouldn't put past GF retconning Espeon's, Umbreon's and Sylveon's to use stones and then making a gimmick where we have to blend all 8 to get the 9th Eeveelution lol

DuskAstral

This episode made me feel really bad for Dracovish. As if being an abomination wasn’t bad enough, the poor thing sinks like a rock in water and can’t even hit the bell. Why is this Ash’s only Galar mon?
How is it the only one? After all, Sirfetch'd is also a Pokémon from Galar.

DuskAstral

I liked the episode. I'm glad that we had the chance to see Koharu and Eevee again and that the fox decided he would wait for the evolution.
By the way, this episode made it clear that Dracovish wasn't trained off-screen (as some thought) since Satoshi didn't know what other attacks the fossil had outside of the Water Gun (it was a stroke of luck that he hit with Fishious Rend).

J. D. Guy

To be honest, I wouldn't put past GF retconning Espeon's, Umbreon's and Sylveon's to use stones and then making a gimmick where we have to blend all 8 to get the 9th Eeveelution lol
Being fair, it'd be a lot more convenient to tie Umbreon to the Moon Stone, Espeon to the Sun/Dawn Stone, and Sylveon to the Shiny Stone.