• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Challenge! The Pokémon Water Obstacle Course!! (1152)

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

ShadowForce720

Being fair, it'd be a lot more convenient to tie Umbreon to the Moon Stone, Espeon to the Sun/Dawn Stone, and Sylveon to the Shiny Stone.
I would think it would work better to have Eevee use the Sun Stone to evolve into Espeon rather than the Dawn Stone because if you look at the two Pokémon that used the Dawn Stone to evolve it requires them to be a specific gender.

Although come to think of it they could have Eevee use the Dawn Stone to evolve into two new Eeveelutions and which one it would become would depend on it’s gender since we haven’t had an Eeveelution that uses the gender mechanic in some form to evolve.

So here is how it could break down if each Eeveelutions uses a different evolution Stone to evolve and if Eevee had a evolution for each evolution stone:
Eevee + Thunder Stone = Jolteon
Eevee + Fire Stone = Flareon
Eevee + Water Stone = Vaporeon
Eevee + Sun Stone = Espeon
Eevee + Moon Stone = Umbreon
Eevee + Leaf Stone = Leafeon
Eevee + Ice Stone = Glaceon
Eevee + Shiny Stone = Sylveon
Eevee + Dusk Stone = New Ghost type Eeveelution
Eevee(male) + Dawn Stone = New Fighting type Eeveelution
Eevee(female) + Dawn Stone = New Flying type Eeveelution

Really when it comes to Dawn Stone it doesn’t really have any type specifically associated with so the typings I suggested for the Eeveelutions that use the Dawn Stone are just an example.

Now the Dusk Stone on the other has only ever been used to evolve a Pokémon into a part Ghost or Dark type Pokémon. So I think it would make a lot of sense that if Eevee uses the Dusk Stone to evolve then it would evolve into a Ghost type Eeveelution.

Unless they decide to have Eevee evolve into Umbreon using the Dusk Stone, but thematically I think it would make more sense to just have Umbreon tied to the Moon Stone.
If this happens it would give Chloe/Koharu a reason to get every evolution stone. Plus they can always introduce new evolutions stones if they need to.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Simple but fun episode. Koharu showing genuine interest in the Eevelutions is something that I never thought about for an Eevee Trainer but I welcome more of it in the future. I was annoyed that it was yet another Eevee on the cast but I like that it actually has a character arc involving its species’ gimmick and not just the obligatory cute mon. Go was the least prominent in this episode but I did like his Dewgong actually having some focus since the Seel line is one of my favorites. And, of course, the star of the show Dracovish got more screentime. I was so happy to hear ulala again lol. Also nice that Ash (and no one else in the anime) has experience with this Pokémon but he still learns to adapt to its quirks. Its cute run at the bottom of the ocean and it sleeping next to Pikachu was nice as well. I’m assuming that bite was Fisheous Rend. 10/10 episode

dman_dustin

While Satoshi could easily randomly guess Uonoragon could use "Gill Bite" (Japanese translations from Bulbapedia. So don't rage at me) because that fits the Pokemon, so Ash randomly telling Pikachu to use "Mouse Tail Slap" would be reasonable if it was a move.

How is Ash supposed to know Dracovish can use "Fishious Rend" no, no, I mean specifically that "Fishious Rend" is a move, if Ash's Dracovish is the only Dracovish in existence and the move is exclusive to it and Arctovish, especially when Kukui named Melmetal's Double Iron Bash. Did Cara Liss and her partner make more Dracovish and had that attack and told Ash about it? Is Ash's Rotom Smartphone aware of what Dracovish can learn?

Did Arceus whisper to Ash in his ear while he was sleeping?

Because the Japanese makes sense. The dub will forever be perplexed with how did Ash know about "Fishious Rend" which is more complex to think about. "Fishious bite/crunch" would make more sense.

Who in the localization team thought it was a good idea to turn "Gill Bite" into the more complex "Fishious Rend"? Was "Gill Bite" not badass enough?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter since again the Japanese makes sense but wow, I gusss Ash (dub) will appear omniscient for a second or the head canon is Ash said some badass move without context or belief the move exists and Dracovish was like "I got you fam, this is whar you wanted..." Bites rock with a powerful water type move.

dman_dustin

He didn't, he just told it to do something, like he's done dozens of times before when he doesn't know what a pokemon can do

Names get given to them later

The translations specifically gave the move a name, hence my post.

If the translations are wrong then fine.

My point is in the dub if they translate it they will have to have Ash say something like "I've never seen Dracovish use any other move. Dracovish can use something like Fishious Rend?"

Whereas "Gill Bite" the Japanese version makes sense that Satoshi would randomly pull out of his ass like I said, it doesn't logically make sense dub wise because the localization team thought it should be a complicated name.

In other words because Satoshi said "Gill Bite" and Dracovish responded, why would he call it anything else?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
"Hey Dracovish, don't you have any stronger moves? Like some sorta Fishious Rend or something, get it?"
^How they could play it off. Have Ash just pull an overly fancy name out as a joke, only for it to turn out that, nope, that's literally a move Dracovish has.

UglyToast

"Hey Dracovish, don't you have any stronger moves? Like some sorta Fishious Rend or something, get it?"
^How they could play it off. Have Ash just pull an overly fancy name out as a joke, only for it to turn out that, nope, that's literally a move Dracovish has.
how is gonna happen then? Like "Dracovish do something"?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's waaaaaaaay too convenient and would make Ash the creator of the move as he's apparently the only person in the world to own a Dracovish.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This was cute. It’s random, but what I liked most about this episode was how the Pokémon Center/Kairi’s house looked. Whatever it was, that was one sleek design.

I liked the idea of the episode. Eevee getting to meet Vaporeon and Koharu being understanding and supportive through it all were nice; it seems obvious now that we’re getting episodes where Eevee meets each Eeveelution until it decides to evolve (into the Gen 9 evolution I’m sure is coming, obviously).