• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Challenging A Towering Figure! (609)

firestar319

The Marauder
Grotle kicked some serious butt in this battle, despite the fact that he lost. The effects of the swallowing Energy Ball looked awesome. Unfortunately for Grotle, it was 1 Rock Wrecker too many...8/10

It's a shame I couldn't see Croagunk's TV star crush.

Huh? It looks like I was right, Ash did receive the trophy for winning the tournament, despite losing to Palmer.

Edit: One thing that stood out to me, was Ash remembering his full battle with Paul, at first I thought it was just because this new tactic could let Grotle beat Honchkrow but then the other losses were shown (except maybe Buizel, I don't recall seeing that one, nor Staraptor's). So it seems to me that the writers do have the full battle in mind, and having Ash find his own non DEM strategy to beat Paul. Well Grotle now has Energy Ball power up, now basically 5 more Pokemon to go or in other words (5 more episodes).

The only losses in that flashback I remember seeing are Monferno's loss, Grotle's loss and Gliscor's loss.

[img139]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7330/peaceandlove.gif[/img139]

Peace, Love, and Victory.

Brock! Use Poison Jab on Croagunk now! Get your revenge!

Dangit! I overlslept and missed the episode before this! Really wanted to see it again, too.

Just watched this episode this morning, finally!

This was an alright episode. Awesome, Dragonite get's another appearance! But, I wish we saw more of it, though. And it's showing off for the crowd, too. One word: AWESOME.

Since when can Glameow and Umbreon fly? That's messed up.

Palmer's not that observant when it comes to battle's he's supposed to do, isn't he? Just pigging out on Octillery snack-thingies...

This episode makes the first episode I've seen and heard of the move "Rock Wrecker". A question about it: It wouldn't happen to be the strongest Rock move, would it?
Disregard that question, I checked the main site's attack dex, It looks like it is.

I really thought Ash was going to win the battle, but unfortunately, he lost. It looked like it was a close match though. But, he get's the trophy anyway.
At least Grotle put up an awesome fight, though.

How could Ash not know what Palmer was talking about when he said, "with that battling style of yours I'm sure you'll give Sunnyshore's gym leader quite a "Shock"!"? I may just be paraphrasing there. You'd think traveling all this time he'd do some research on the region to know what the gym leaders are and at least what types they are...

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ash was so close to defeating Palmer....Pity Rhyperior got him

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Good episode, thoroughly enjoyed it. The battle was epic - Grotle performed excellently and I love the whole Energy Ball powerup thing. Nice of Palmer to give Ash the trophy. I thought the episode was a nice end to the Twinleaf Festival-arc; looking forward to the Sunyshore Gym now.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great that Ash made it all the way to the final battle vs Palmer. It was cool to see Grotle eat Energy ball to power itself up. It was cool to see Croagunk had a crush for the 1st time. Glad to have it confirmed that Croagunk is indeed a male. It was great to see a Rhyperior for the 1st time. Rhyperior is really strong! It was cool to see Rock Wrecker for the 1st time. Too bad the tournament was extremely short... Grotle vs Rhyperior was a very good battle, too bad Rhyperior was too strong and took Grotle down.

70/100

wobbanut

Team Awesome
There's not a lot I can really say about this episode, except that it sucks that Ash fought a tough battle and still wasn't able to win, but then again it was a Frontier Brain. :) I've never been big on the battle-heavy episodes, but at least it was made more fun with Barry around, and at least it makes for a decent conclusion to the Twinleaf Festival.

6/10

JudySpell

Banned
Another loss for Ash. Welp Palmer was strong but his personality was too laid back and I liked how Barry sang in the festival at the end. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee, I liked how Croagunk was watching a female Croagunk on t.v. and when we saw Palmer eating tiny Octillery snacks. Rhyperior vs Grotle was intense and even tho Ash lost, he won a trophy. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kurotsugu was as amazingly strong as he was in the Shinou games, so Satoshi managing to keep pace against Kurotsugu's Dosidon using his rather weak Hayashigame was an achievement in and of itself. My only issue here was that Kurotsugu mentioned Shinou's Battle Frontier, yet Satoshi never even got to visit it.

Palmer's laid back attitude reminded me of Goku and his Rhyperior was awesome when it fought Grotle. I liked Barry's singing scene too. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol. Why is it that Ash pretty much forgets everything he has ever done? Like here, he got all excited about meeting a Frontier Brain as if he had never been offered the chance to be one himself...

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Lol. Why is it that Ash pretty much forgets everything he has ever done? Like here, he got all excited about meeting a Frontier Brain as if he had never been offered the chance to be one himself...
We get professional athletes who fangirl at the chance of meeting other pro athletes IRL. I doubt a 10 year old getting excited at meeting a prominent trainer means he forgot all about the Battle Frontier just because they offered him a spot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We get professional athletes who fangirl at the chance of meeting other pro athletes IRL. I doubt a 10 year old getting excited at meeting a prominent trainer means he forgot all about the Battle Frontier just because they offered him a spot.

I just thought that a Kanto Frontier Brain flashback/montage was in order, for consistency's sake. :c

ZilverLox

Banned
Ash really showed why he's a great trainer in this episode and actually thought things through before choosing his main battle Pokemon. That was nice. I kind of got distracted when I tried to figure out what song was playing in place of "Battle Frontier" (was it just some random TPCI instrumental?) and again to try and figure out what song Barry was singing instead of "Pokemon Ondo".

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My only issue here was that Kurotsugu mentioned Shinou's Battle Frontier, yet Satoshi never even got to visit it.

I kind of figured that perhaps the writing staff had Palmer mention that location here cuz they had planned on showing it someday, but then maybe those original plans changed as Dp's pace got quicker. That's just my headcanon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I kind of figured that perhaps the writing staff had Palmer mention that location here cuz they had planned on showing it someday, but then maybe those original plans changed as Dp's pace got quicker. That's just my headcanon.

Given the anime's habit of abandoning plot points, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as well. Still, it would've been nice if we had gotten a silhouette appearance of the Shinou Frontier Brains while Kurotsugu was explaining the Shinou Battle Frontier.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Wow, that was an intense battle between Ash and Palmer, with an epic Rock Climb. Rhyperior pretty much killed Grotle at the end though. :(