• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Champion Cynthia and her Lucario. Need some help please

urrutiap

the other Elite 4 i can manage but when it comes to the champion herself, her Milotic and Lucario are tougher this time in the Diamond/Pearl remakes. They were never that tough in the original games.

anyone know whats a good pokemon to have to deal with Lucario and the Milotic?

urrutiap

well, thats true but im asking how to deal with her Lucario and Milotic?

My main grass starter of the game he's already at level 67 and i have a gyrados at level 72.

currently im trying to level grind my gardevoir along with Kadabra like crazy along with the Snowver ice pokey for backup along with the third form of the gible which i have at level 57 or 60something

and even at level 66 to 77 thats stilll not good enough for any pokemon to take down Cynthia's lucario and milotic

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I had a Mismagius use Calm Mind to take care of both Milotic and Lucario.

Lucario decided to use Nasty Plot before I annihilated it.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
When I first went against Cynthia I used the gift Manaphy and used Tail Glow twice. The other 3 moves were Surf, Ice Beam and Energy Ball. I was only 5 levels higher than her but she got swept by it.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
When I first went against Cynthia I used the gift Manaphy and used Tail Glow twice. The other 3 moves were Surf, Ice Beam and Energy Ball. I was only 5 levels higher than her but she got swept by it.
Tail Glow is powerful. Early on i had no idea what it did but it's actually a early game omniboost move on manaphy who is best described as a minor rare encounter/legendary. She is quite tough in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl games. It's a real chore trying to create a team to handle her and confidently have a decently leveled team for the Elite 4. I haven't touched my game in months (including the level 70 rematches) because of the frustration you get when you reach the Elite 4 in a playthrough.

Three of her pokemon have Poison moves to make it tough for Fairy types.
Her strongest pokemon Garchomp has maxed speed to outspeed most pokemon and it has Poison Jab which means you can't get too confident on keeping a Fairy types handy. Milotic gets a lot big boost to use Flame Orb it's already great stats. It's a real pain trying to defeat it.

In short her team is a perfect case of difficulty spike, even compared to the other games. You do get a opportunity to get even more pokemon like other starters from other regions pre gen 4 with level 60 in the Grand Underground zones.
But sadly you need to see every sinnoh pokemon and that still doesn't activate until after the elite 4

Last edited: