• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Champions and Crushes (Amourshipping, rated PG)

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Sumary: With the Kalos League right around the corner, Ash is getting prepared for it with his sight set on winning it. Serena realizes that her time traveling with Ash is almost over, how will she handle being separated from her crush? What adventures will the group get themselves into during Ash's last few weeks in Kalos? Will Ash be able to handle the pressure or will he be defeated by his countless rivals?

Hi everyone. This is my first shot at writing an Amourshipping fanfiction. The idea is pretty simple, the Kalos league followed by other events that I don't want to spoil just yet. I'm trying to write it just like how the anime might do it, so if it seems slow in the beginning, that's why.

This is the same story over on fanfiction.net and it is made by me as well. I'll be posting one chapter every few days, but if you can't wait that long the story is much further along over here:Champions and Crushes

Ch 1: Training for the League!

"Greninja, start off with water shuriken!" Ash called out as he thrusted his right fist forward. The young trainer was on a grassy field lined with trees, having stopped here for the day. Running next to them was a peaceful brook that was filled with water type pokemon. The day couldn't be any better, the sun was shining brightly and there was a light breeze in the air.

The trainer from Pallet Town was out training with his pokemon once again. Ever since he defeated Wulfric for his eighth badge and helped stop Team Flare, Ash started to focus on his training even more with the Kalos League right around the corner.

"Gren," the water type stated as he pressed his hands together. A shuriken started to form between his two hands before Greninja tossed them in the direction of Hawlucha.

"Great!" Ash called out as he watched the fully evolved water type throw six shuriken. "Now, Hawlucha, break all of those with karate chop, then follow that up with x-scissor! Greninja, follow up with night slash!"

Hawlucha quickly struck a pose before his two forearms glowed white. Moving swiftly, the flying and fighting type sliced through the ninja stars before running at Greninja. "Lucha!" It cried, crossing its arms while they glowed.

Greninja, likewise, was already running forward as a purple blade extended from his hands. The two pokemon met halfway on the grass field as their two attacks collided. Both were known for their ability to take quite a bit of damage, meaning it could take a while before either of them tired out.

Ash watched as his two pokemon continued on with their training session. "I only have a few weeks left to get ready. We've worked so hard for this. I need to make sure we're all prepared!" He thought to himself before both of the pokemon collapsed on the ground.

"Nice work, guys," Ash called out as he walked over to help them onto their feet. "Why don't you two take a break while the others train for right now?" He asked them, receiving an agreeing head nod from both of them.

"Gren, greninja," the ninja pokemon stated as he walked away to go sit under a shady tree. Once in the shade, the water type started to train its mind, knowing that it took more than just strength to win a match.

Hawlucha decided to stay nearby, wanting to continue to give advice to Noivern. Sure the dragon type had evolved, but Hawlucha believed it still needed a lot of training.

"Okay, Talonflame, Noivern. I want you two to dodge Pikachu's thunderbolt," Ash started to explain as he walked over to his two other flying types. "If we improve your speed and evasion, then no one will be able to hit you."

The two flying types nodded in agreement before taking flight into the air. The training may seem simple to some trainers, but, this had always worked for Ash in the past.

"Ready, buddy?" Ash asked as Pikachu started to spark off electricity. Taking that as a yes, Ash issued the first command. "Pikachu, use thunderbolt!"

"Pika. Chuuu!" The electric mouse cried out as bolts of electricity flew out of its body. The bolts danced around the sky as the two flying types continued to dodge them.

"Talonflame, use flame charge to dodge!" Ash called out right before a thunderbolt was to hit Talonflame. The flying type immediately burst into flames as it gained a burst of speed, allowing it to dodge the attack.

Noivern however, wasn't as lucky. The dragon and flying type had lost its attention for half a second, but that was long enough to be struck by the electric type attack. Being struck in the back, Noivern started to descend towards the ground.

"Hawlucha! Lucha, lucha!" The fighting type cried out to Noivern. It was reminding it to stay strong. It wasn't the cry baby it used to be anymore. It could pull through this.

Listening to Hawlucha, Noivern forced itself to fight through the pain. "Vern!" It cried out, opening its wings and gliding on a gust of wind. Doing so allowed it to avoid crashing into the ground, and got it to avoid another thunderbolt.

Sitting not too far away from him were his three friends from Kalos. Serena, Clemont and Bonnie had set up the groups table and cooking supplies so that Clemont could start working on lunch. But, they continued to get distracted by Ash's training.

"Look at them go," Serena called out as they all watched Ash's training session. "They're really getting into it now." She was sitting at the groups table, watching Ash with admiration.

"Well of course they are," Clemont responded as he fixed his glasses. The inventor of the group was sitting right next to Serena as he waited for his soup to finish. "The league is only a few weeks away. He doesn't have much time left."

"Big brother!" Bonnie yelled as she looked at her brother. "You don't have to say it like that. The way you're saying it, it sounds like you don't think Ash has a chance."

"B-Bonnie, that's not what I said!" Clemont answered as he waved his hands around frantically. "It's just... So many trainers enter the Vanquier Conference each year. If Ash isn't ready..." Clemont trailed off once he noticed his sisters glare.

"Bonnie, it's alright," Serena comforted the little girl as she looked back over to Ash and his training. "When has Ash ever let us down before?"

Hearing this statement, Bonnie started to forgive her older brother. "Serena's right. Ash defeated a Mega Lucario, plus he helped stop those Flare guys from controlling Squishy. There's no way he'll lose!"

"B-Bonnie… I didn't mean that!" Serena stated as it was her turn to be frantic. "I just meant that Ash will be giving it his all during the league." However, no matter how she appeared on the outside, on the inside she was worrying. "Once the league is over... Then Ash will leave Kalos. I've known that that day will come soon, but I can't help but wish it doesn't," she mentally thought before pushing those thoughts out of her head. "Forget about those negative thoughts for now. He's still here, have fun until that day comes."

Looking down at the field, the three friends noticed that Ash and the other pokemon had joined Greninja under his tree. It appeared that they were all hot from the sun.

Letting out a silent giggle at the scene, Serena grabbed a few bottles of water and headed down towards her crush. Walking across the field, she could now make out the torn up grass and burnt patches. "He's really working hard. He's trained hard before, but not like this," Serena thought while smiling.

"Here, Ash," Serena said warmly as she handed a bottle of water to the young boy. "I thought you would like some water," she added before sitting next to him. Serena then passed the extra bottles out among the pokemon, helping Talonflame and Noivern to get a drink.

"Thanks, Serena," he responded before taking a large gulp of the bottle. He must have been pretty thirsty as by the time he finished, the bottle was practically empty. "You know, I can't believe our Kalos journey is just about over. It feels like it was just yesterday when I arrived here."

Serena listened as the boy continued to talk. Thinking to herself again, Serena wondered if she would ever see Ash again after these next few weeks. It wasn't like she could just leave Kalos for another region. Her dream was to become a top Pokemon Performer and last she checked, the other regions didn't have showcases. She would love to travel with Ash to some other region, but it wouldn't be fair to her partners who put so much work into performing.

"I've learned so much here. Made so many new friends," Ash continued on, breaking Serena from her thoughts. "I never would have met Clemont, Bonnie or any of my pokemon. Plus, I never would have seen you again," he stated truthfully.

Serena could feel a slight blush start to creep onto her face. Looking away from Ash, Serena responded. "I-I'm glad you came to Kalos, Ash," Serena said as she twirled her fingers. "You've helped all of us so much. Without you, I don't think I ever would have started my journey to become a Performer."

"But look at how far you've come now, Serena," Ash responded as he took his hat off. Serena could now notice just how much he had been sweating during the training. His entire forehead was drenched. "Honestly though, I still think you should have won the Master Class. Your performance seemed better."

Serena shook her head back and forth. "No. I shouldn't have... Not yet anyways. My pokemon and I still have a lot of work to do before that. But before any of that, the Kalos League comes first," she said while handing Ash a face cloth. "I thought you would need this when I was coming over here."

Wiping his face off with the cloth, Ash smiled at Serena. The whole time he was in Kalos, it seemed like she was always supporting him. Clemont and Bonnie did as well, but it seemed like Serena always tried just a little bit more. From reminding him about his training during his very first gym battle to even trying to help him dance to get his rhythm strategy working. She never got disappointed, with the exception of her first showcase. Sure she felt defeated after losing the Master Class, but by the next day she was her usual self. Thinking it over one more time, his friends really helped make this journey very enjoyable.

Handing the cloth back over, Ash started to stand up. "Hey, Serena, let's see if lunch is ready yet. My nose is picking up a scent from something," he said, a large smile across his face.

"Sure, Ash," she replied while getting up as well. "I also made some macaroons and pokepuffs for desert."

"You did!" He cried out with joy. "Serena, your deserts are the best I've ever had. It's like sending your taste buds on an adventure where they never want to come back from."

"T-they're just like anyone else's," she replied as they made their way back to the table. "I'm sure if you had someone else's you couldn't tell the difference."

Ash shook his head this time. "That's not true, Serena. I've had Miette's treats while in Kalos as well as others from my many journeys, but yours leave a distinct feeling of joy."

Serena was about to respond, but Clemont interrupted her. "Guys! Hurry up before the soup gets cold!"

Looking to his left, Ash stared right at Serena. "Race you back to the table. Winner gets to have thirds."

Serena laughed at his remark. "Ash, it doesn't matter who wins. You'll still end up eating thirds," she stated before running towards the table.

"No fair, I never said to start!" He called out, chasing after the performer.

The group was now sitting at the table eating their lunch, or, Ash was still eating while everyone else watched him. Finally finishing his third bowl of soup, Ash placed the bowl down and leaned backwards a little.

Seeing that they could now talk to him, Clemont wanted to talk to him about his training methods. "Ash," he started, getting the trainer's attention. "You're really training hard right now. And, with such a different style of training, it should pay off."

"I wouldn't really call it different, Clemont," Ash stated as he looked over at his five pokemon. "We all work hard. There isn't much more to our training than that."

"Yeah, but, Ash," Bonnie stated as she climbed on top of her chair. "We've never seen you go for this long of a session with your pokemon before. You're putting in extra time for training."

This was the first time that it hit him. None of his pokemon or himself had paid attention to how much they had trained recently. They've all just wanted to win the league. "Well, Bonnie, I didn't even notice how hard we've been working. You see, we always it give our best. This is my sixth regional conference I'll be competing at. In all of them, I've never placed higher than fourth and this time, I really want to win it for both my pokemon and myself."

"You've traveled through five other regions!?" Bonnie asked as she looked on in shock. Ash had mentioned traveling to other regions, but the whole group assumed that it was maybe one or two other regions besides Kalos. "You must have seen so many cute pokemon."

"Yeah!" Ash replied, smiling at the energetic child. "I've met so many pokemon. Some strong, some seen as weak. But, it doesn't matter. If you put your mind to it, anyone can become strong with the right amount of training." Placing his empty bowl down, Ash started to stand up only to be copied by his pokemon. "Now, how does some more training sound guys?"

The group of pokemon all cried out cheerfully as they followed after their trainer. Like Ash said, they all wanted to win this League Tournament. Over the past season, the group had overcome so many adversities. There was no way they would let it all go to waste.

"Ash!" Serena called out, causing the boy and his pokemon to stop walking. "You should really rest for a while. If you train too much, you'll be in no condition to compete."

Clemont nodded his head in agreement as he started to clean the dishes. "She's right, Ash. Remember the last time you over did it with your training. You came down with that horrible cold. I don't think you'd want to have something like that again right before the League."

Ash scratched his cheek as he remembered back to that day. They were right about him overdoing it then. At the time he was trying to figure out Greninja's strange transformation, and had stayed up the entire night training with it. By the next morning, he could barely stand on his own. Instead, needing help from his friends.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he sighed while sitting back down. "But," he started to say as a smile crossed his face. "I would have three great caretakers just like last time," he said, getting all of them to laugh. "Still, I wish there was a way we could train while relaxing. It just feels like a waste of time to just sit around."

"Hehehe," Clemont laughed as the sun glistened off of his glasses. Quickly pushing them back up, the gym leader pulled something out of his backpack. "I anticipated this very moment. I knew that Ash's intense training would conflict with the need of having to rest. I call this the Robo Ash Super Training Pokemon Partner!" He cried out.

Standing next to him was exactly what he just said, a mechanical version of Ash. The machine looked just like him, even having the same colors as his clothing. One could have mistaken them if they looked real quick, but after staring at it, it was obvious who the real one was.

"You know what, Clemont, the name could use some work, but this might be one of your best inventions yet!" Bonnie cried out as she walked over to the Robo Ash. "It looks just like him!"

"I don't know about this, Clemont," Ash muttered as he eyed the device. He was usually all for his friend's inventions, but a robot of himself made him feel uneasy. "Maybe we should just wait for another time to use it."

"Nonsense," the inventor replied as he pulled a remote out. "With the flip of a switch he turns on and from there you select the training difficulty. Let's start with easy," he explained before pulling the switches.

As Clemont finished his explanation, the Robo Ash started to move forward until it stopped at Pikachu. "Come on, Pikachu, it's time for some special training to improve your speed. Use quick attack!" It cried out in a voice similar to Clembot.

"Pika?" The electric type asked as it eyed the machine. Even he thought it was strange. Deciding to try it out, Pikachu used quick attack as it ran around the robot.

"Great job, Pikachu," Robo Ash applauded as Pikachu stopped running. "Next let's test out your electric attacks."

Clemont sat there with a smirk on his face. "With this, training pokemon will become much easier than ever before. My invention can do three times the amount of training that a normal person can. Now, let's test out the normal difficulty," he said confidently as he oved the switch forward.

There was a slight pause in Robo Ash's actions. Everyone could tell that it was receiving instructions to up the difficulty. "Pikachu, use electro ball on Hawlucha. Hawlucha dodge it then use karate chop on Pikachu," it said, only for smoke to start pouring out of its head. "U-U-Use electro... el-electro b-b-b-ball," it stuttered as even more smoke emerged.

Without warning, the Robo Ash glowed a bright white before exploding right in front of them all. With their hair all frizzy now and also covered in soot, everyone just sat there and looked at the remaining pieces of Robo Ash.

"And we have another failure," Bonnie muttered as she started to brush the soot off of her clothes.

"Well, there can only be one Ash," Serena stated before looking over at the boy. "No one can ever copy him."

"Yeah, but how am I going to train my pokemon if I also need to relax?" He moaned while placing his head down on the table.

Right at that moment, it seemed as if someone was listening to Ash. For right as he stated those words, a flier landed right on top of their table.

"What's this?" Serena asked as she picked up the piece of paper. Reading it over, a smile came onto her face. "Ash, it looks like you can do both. Look at this," she said, handing the paper over to Ash. "It says that it's a five star resort made specifically for training your pokemon while looking for a place to relax. Ash! This might be exactly what you're looking for!"

Ash eyed the flier over. It was what he was looking for. According to this, there were state of the art training gyms that the pokemon could use at their own want while the trainers could relax with different options like a pool, sauna or even the movie theater that was at the place.

"Serena, is this place nearby at all?" Ash asked as he continued to eye the flier. "It might be a good place to train."

"Plus we could all go swimming and watch a movie," Bonnie added in as she looked at the flier from over Ash's shoulder.

Looking through her travel guide, Serena searched the nearby area for anything that matched the description of the building. "I found it!" She cried out, showing the location to the others. "It isn't too far from here either."

Standing back up, Ash recalled all of his pokemon into their pokeballs and waited for Pikachu to get onto his shoulder. Once on, Ash motioned to head to it. "Come on, what are we waiting for?"

Unknown to the group however, the whole place was nothing more than a trap by a trio of familiar thieves. Sitting in one of the nearby trees, Team Rocket watched as the twerps left for their latest plan to capture Pikachu.

"That was too easy, those twerps won't know what hit them," Jessie bragged as she started to climb down the tree.

"It's amazing to see just how dumb they really are," James added as he pulled out more of the fliers. "Who just builds a training resort in the middle of nowhere?"

"We'll be on the boss's good side for sure after this," Meowth added as he pictured Giovani being amazed at all of the powerful pokemon. "We can't mess this one up!"

"Right!" The trio cried out before running off to make sure they beat the twerps to the building.

"I-Is this the right place?" Ash asked as he looked at the building before looking at Serena for an answer.

"It is the only building in the area..." she muttered before closing the travel guide. "It doesn't look anything like the picture, but maybe the inside looks nicer."

They were right, based on the picture, they were expecting a much better building than what they arrived to. Windows were broken, the paint on the building was peeling and it looked like the yard work had never been done based on the length of the grass.

Looking at the building, Ash decided that it would be best to enter the building. "We won't be learning anything about this place by just standing around," he told everyone before walking into the building.

"Hello, is anyone here!?" Ash called out as they stood in the lobby. The insides looked just as bad as the outside. The paint was peeling and there was a thick layer of dust everywhere. "We're here for the training resort!"

"Maybe we have the wrong place, Ash," Clemont said as the group started to make their way for the exit. "Anyway, we should really continue onto Vanquier Town so Ash can register for the league."

But, before they could leave, two bellboys appeared right in the lobby. "Sorry for keeping you waiting," the first said. He was dressed in an orange and yellow outfit with a matching yellow hat. He had purple hair and was wearing sunglasses.

"Yes, we're truly sorry," the second added. She was dressed in the same exact style, only she had magenta hair that reached down her back. "You see, we recently inherited this business from our father. We've been busy renovating it."

"Hi, my name's Ash and this is my partner Pikachu," he introduced himself as the group did their introductions.

"I'm Serena."

"My name's Bonnie. And this is Dedenne."

"Nice to meet you, my name's Clemont."

"Oh, please stay the night won't you?" The first bellboy asked as he got on the ground and pleaded with them. "Since reopening, we haven't had one person stay."

Getting on the ground next to the first one was the second bellboy. "Please, it'll be on us. Free of charge. We'll even throw in a free pokemon checkup."

"Well, it is starting to get late out," Clemont stated as he looked out the windows. "What do you think Ash?"

"I think we should try it. We did come all the way here," he said while giving a thumbs up to his friend.

"Oh thank you very much," the bellboys stated as they placed a tray in front of the trainers. "Please, allow us to give the checkup right now, it'll only last a few moments."

"And while she's taking care of that, why don't you all try out our new massage chairs," the first bellboy stated, bringing them over to four huge chairs. "We just had them imported from Unova."

"A massage does sound nice," Serena muttered as she sat down first, followed by the others.

Listening from under the lobby's desk was Meowth, waiting for the chance to strike. "Bingo! Now we got them," he stated, pressing a button that was under the desk.

"Now all of you head right into this room, the checkup will begin in one second," the female bellboy said, placing all of pokeballs down in a room along with Pikachu and Dedenne. "I'll be back in one second, I just need to go check on the sweets."

As if on cue, Chespin appeared from his pokeball, his mouth watering from the thoughts of treats. Deciding not to wait, the grass type followed the bellboy out the door, unaware that one of the pokemon left. Before Pikachu could follow him, the door was shut and locked.

"W-what's going on!?" Ash called out. They had all been enjoying a nice massage when these metal clamps pinned them to the chairs unable to move. "Let us go!"

"I'm going to leave a horrible review!" Bonnie cried out as she kicked her feet.

Both of the bellboys had returned to the main room, but something seemed different from before. They didn't seem to be as nice, instead, a look of pure joy was crossing their faces. Within an instant, they ripped off their clothes, revealing themselves as Jessie and James.

"Prepare for trouble, this business is a bust," Jessie started off as she pretended to sweep the floors.

"Make it double, your reviews won't bother us," James added in as he swept in the opposite direction.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unite all people within our nation"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"And James."

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light."

"Surrender now or prepare to fight."

"Meowth, that's right!"

"Wobbuffett!"

The four of them finished the motto before the walls around the building started to collapse. To the surprise of everyone, all of their pokemon were trapped inside of a glass box attached to Team Rocket's balloon. Team Rocket quickly jumped into their balloon as they prepared to leave.

"We hate to just leave you all tied up," Jessie started to say as she pointed down to the glass box. "But, we need to deposit our paycheck."

"So, let's get out of here before they become pains in our necks!" James added in as he watched the twerps struggle to get free.

"We'd love to talk some more, but you'll have to take a rain check," Meowth added in as he pressed a button to start the balloon's engine, only for nothing to happen.

"Meowth! Why isn't anything happening!?" Jessie cried out as they waited to move.

"I don't know," he replied before looking over the engines. "It says we're out of fuel!"

"But how?" James asked as he looked at the same readings. "I watched you fill them up this morning."

"Chespin, ches!" The grass type cried out as he walked from behind the glass box. "Chespin!"

"Chespin's saying he poked holes in our fuel tanks while were talking!" Meowth translated as they watched the grass type run over to his trainer. "Do you know how much work goes into maintaining this thing!?" He yelled at Chespin, only to receive no answer.

"Nice job, Chespin. But, we still need to stop Team Rocket," Clemont stated while Chespin picked the locks on all of the chairs.

"Oh no you don't! Gourgeist, shadow ball!" Jessie angrily yelled while tossing out a pokeball. The grass and ghost type emerged from the pokeball and immediately fired off the ghost type attack.

"Dodge it Chespin!" Clemont cried out. "Then use pin missile."

Chespin rolled to his left, barely avoiding the attack. Jumping onto his feet, Chespin stiffened the spikes on his head as they started to glow white. In an instant, a half a dozen white orbs engulfed in green light.

"Okay, Inkay, psybeam!" James yelled, tossing out his pokeball. The revolving pokemon emerged, immediately turning upside down and fired off a streaky blue beam.

The two attacks hit each other, causing an explosion to occur. Both Chespin and Team Rocket's pokemon were thrown backwards. Getting back onto his feet first, Chespin waited for Clemont's next idea.

"Gourgeist, shadow ball!" Jessie cried out. Her patience was being tested right now. They were all set to get away with everyone, but then Chespin ruined it all.

"Quick, Chespin, drop onto your back!" Clemont ordered quickly.

"Ches," the grass type responded before dropping onto his back. Doing so allowed him to dodge the shadow ball by sliding right underneath it.

"Now, Inkay, psybeam!" James continued on.

Inkay launched off the blue beam as Chespin laid on the ground. Clemont watched as the attack was about to hit Chespin and thought of a new idea.

Taking a cue from Ash, Clemont decided to try and adapt during the battle. "Chespin, spin while using vine whip!"

The spiny nut pokemon extended the two vines from the side of his head and hit them against the ground, starting his momentum. Now spinning, Chespin kept it going along with the vine whip attack, to create what appeared to be a twister made out of vines. Clemont watched on, hoping that the idea would work.

The psybeam crashed into the cylinder of vines, causing no damage at all to Chespin just like Clemont hoped for. Using the confusion to his advantage, Clemont went on the offensive.

"Now, Chespin, pin missile!" He cried out.

Chespin jumped onto his feet and launched off the white orbs. Clemont watched as Gourgeist and Inkay both destroyed a few, but the explosion knocked them back into Jessie and James respectively. But, that wasn't his target. The inventor let out a small smile when the remaining pin misses struck the glass cube, cracking it.

"Ash, here's your chance," he told his friend while pointing to the small crack.

"Alright!' Ash cried out as he pumped his right fist. "Pikachu, use iron tail!"

"Pika!" The electric type cried out as his tail glowed white and stiffened up Jumping into the air, Pikachu performed a front flip as his tail smashed against the cracked surface, completely destroying it.

"Chespin, grab the tray of pokeballs, Dedenne, and Pikachu with vine whip!" Clemont commanded.

Chespin moved quickly as his vines wrapped around Pikachu, Dedenne and the tray that held the other pokeballs. The grass type quickly pulled the vines back as Pikachu and the pokeballs landed in front of Ash and the others.

"Clemont, Chespin, nice work," Ash said as he looked at the duo. "Now, Pikachu, use thunderbolt!"

Pikachu jumped up into the air as his body started to glow with electricity. "Pika... Chuuuu!" It cried out as a bolt of electricity shot off of his body and struck Team Rocket.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" The trio yelled out as they flew off into the distance with their pokemon.

The group had set up camp not too far from the building and had just finished dinner. Now sitting around a campfire, Bonnie decided to bring up the events from earlier today.

"Clemont, where'd you think of having Chespin spin?" Bonnie asked as she played with the grass type. "Wherever you did, that was great."

Clemont was a little embarrassed by the attention. "Oh... it was nothing," he said while rubbing his neck. "I just thought 'what would Ash do' in that situation and that's what I thought of."

"Clemont, thank you," Ash said as he looked over at the inventor. "Not only did you and Chespin save Pikachu and the other pokemon, but you reminded me of a few techniques I used while battling."

"I-I did?" He asked, surprised by Ash's statement.

Ash nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah. When you had Chespin spin while using Vine Whip, it reminded me of what I used to call counter shield. You see, I would have a pokemon spin on the ground while using an attack. Like, Pikachu using thunderbolt. In doing so, it would launch an attack while also providing a shield from attacks."

"Maybe you could teach me how to use it in my performances," Serena asked as she thought of Pancham doing his spinning while launching an attack. "It could make for a good display."

"Sure," Ash responded before thinking about his other technique. "I could also show you spin dodging, but that might not be useful for performances."

"Spin... dodging?" Serena asked as she eyed the boy.

Realizing that he forgot to explain it, Ash rubbed the back of his neck. "Right, spin dodging is when to head right at an opponent and at the last second you spin either right or left to avoid it and get behind the opponent. It leaves them open to be hit easily."

"Wow, Ash, if you had strategies like this, why didn't you use them during your gym battles?" Clemont asked as that thought hit him. "It could have come in handy during a couple of your matches."

"Well... To be honest, I kind of... forgot about them," he answered sheepishly, as he rubbed his neck. "I haven't used them in about two years now. But, it's better late than never to try out a new idea," he answered as he headed towards the open field.

"Ash, where are you heading? It's night time now," Serena called out as the boy started to make it further away from the campfire.

"Don't worry, I just want to do a little training with my pokemon," he said, flashing a smile. "I want to show them all the spin dodge and counter shield techniques."

"Can't it wait until the morning?" She asked even though she knew the answer.

Shaking his head while letting out a chuckle, Ash started to talk. "I'll only be training for a little longer."

"You never change do you, Ash?" She thought while watching her crush train, using the light from the campfire to see tiny bits of his training.

That's chapter one. I'm not going to lie, some of the dialogue might be OOC for some of them. I had a hard time writing for Bonnie because, well, I just have no clue what to have her say, so sorry for that. Story wise, I don't know how many chapters it'll have. I know I want to cover the league and any events that take place after, but I have a few different ideas for things that may happen, but I'm still on the fence for some of them.

Just a little explanation, I named the Kalos league as the Vanquier Conference because Vanquier is a respelling of the French word Vainqueur, or Champion. I wanted to continue with the French theme of Kalos while also tying it into the conference being equivalent to the League in game.

Thank you to everyone who read this story, please leave a review letting me know what you enjoyed and what I can improve on.

Last edited: