• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Champions' Pride! Lance VS Diantha!! (1205)

Sham

The Guardian of War
So having Lance lose all critical thinking skills was stupid. I’m of the opinion that this battle was never really in his favor. Just overall bad decisions all around in all honesty

Last edited:

Gavinport

So having Lance lose all critical thinking skills was stupid. I’m of the opinion that this battle was never really in his. Just overall bad decisions all around in all honesty
Lance was literally winning the match 2 against 1 pokemon until Diantha turned things around with Gardevoir. I'm not sure what you're referring to, because despite Diantha's strategy, Lance was still leading on her with more pokemon for most of the battle.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
I really wish they hadn't brought Lance back if this is how they were going to do it, they should've
Subbed him out with Alder, N, Wallace or Tobias even. At least last time he lost in the finals against Leon,
and there was a little bit of intrigue on how a rematch would've gone with him going on to become the
Champion of Kanto/Johto after their match. I feel like that was enough, more than sufficient even... There was
no need to bring him back only to lose too a fairy trainer (I'm sure no one saw that coming) in the semi
finals... I dunno, it just kinda feels to me like they dragged his name through the mud for no particular reason.

It was cool to see Dynamax Dragonite though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Looking back at all Round 1 battles, Id say this was definitely written the best!!
Although whether its my favourite remains to be seen. I think the animation really hurts it, which is why I might give Iris or Ash the edge, will have to rewatch round 1 to decide
But not really fond of any battle tbh, atmost the best battle is a 7 or 8
Alright after watching this and the Iris episode subbed, I definitely think this is better than the Iris episode from a purely battle standpoint
The animation issues didnt hurt much at all during a rewatch, esp as my memory of it being static was kinda wrong. Sure its by no means dynamic but its also by no means static either, the mons just waiting to get wasnt something that happened at all. Each time it was for a reason just as protecting itself being reflect and light screen, being flinched or needing to recharge. The only time it did kinda happen was when Hydreigon took the moonblast but it seemed the moonblast was meant to be speedy so that hydreigon doesnt have time to dodge it

Also while Lance is still definitely outsmarted, he is by no means just a brute forcing his way through. While not as glamorous as Diantha's decisions, he still had his wits about him and battled well and honestly had cool dialouges. Loved the dialouge exchange Diantha and Lance had throughout

Starswirl Pikachu

I always thought the likes of Reflect/ Light screen are shown as being stronger than they are but then again in some cases damage reduction has its uses I guess. Great appearance from the Crimson Gyarados even though it did not get to do a whole lot. So far we have seen G-max'ing and Mega evolution, how long until someone uses a Z move? Or would it not be strong enough compared to the others?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Watching the dub for this episode, as Gyarados fired the Dragon Pulse after getting hit by Shadow Sneak, the way the announcer said the word "HOWEVER", my immediate thoughts were how Cimo says the word during the YGO Progression Series intro.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
It’s almost funny that some people continue to say that Diantha is the weakest champion even after she defeated Lance here.

From a character perspective it seems clear to me that he wanted to overwhelm Diantha with strong attacks, but in a battle against a strategist like her that just isn’t enough.