• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Champions' Pride! Lance VS Diantha!! (1205)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Something that hasn’t been considered (as far as I’m aware of): Maybe AG wasn’t retconned, but they didn’t want to draw him since he’s based on Ash’s XY clothing?

Admittedly it sounds weird, but retconning AG for no apparent reason at all sounds even weirder.
It’s most probably the case. Still a dumb thing to do, unless they were planning redesign the form to fit Ash’s JN outfit, which doesn’t make sense. Water under the bridge, I think.

Also, damn, Jessie can give a single F about the tournament except if the moment have something to do with her, even if subtly.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really liked the episode. Everyone basically mentioned everything great about it already between the cameos, the battle, and the animation.

I do wish gardevoir used teleport though, I felt like it was one of her best moves for her but she just jumped out of the way for hyper beam. Now that people are mentioning AG, it makes me realize how fast AG was that gardevoir had to teleport.

I am so so so so so so excited for Leon vs diantha the most out of all these battles atm. Cynthia and iris will be fun I’m sure and ash vs Steven will be cool I’m sure, but I’m pumped to see diantha go up against the strongest of the strongest and how she differs from alains battle with Leon.

Also I like how lances and dianthas battle styles contrasted so much as someone else mentioned. She did moves to lower the brute force power that lance depends on and it is reminiscent of how battling in the games changed from 1st gen to 6th gen imo.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I just thought of this but it's a shame they didn't show Marina's Feraligatr.
Would have been cool to see the final forms together onscreen, probably the only chance too considering the neglect the Johto starters tend to get
You forgot that this is the Pokémon anime after Gen 5

Girls in anime aren't allowed to have big scary Pokémon anymore (unless they are champions)

Only conventionally cute/beautiful/attractive Pokémon are allowed for girls who aren't named Iris and Cynthia

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It’s most probably the case. Still a dumb thing to do, unless they were planning redesign the form to fit Ash’s JN outfit, which doesn’t make sense. Water under the bridge, I think.

Also, damn, Jessie can give a single F about the tournament except if the moment have something to do with her, even if subtly.
She is wonderful
This ep really flashed out Jessie’s character
She was amazing here

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sawyer cameo! Sad he couldn't get an episode to himself but beggers can't be choosers so I'll take it as a win

His design didn't change much with the Journeys' filter... But I still find an odd design choice the half-opened eyes thing. I get it's to be a paralel to the Treecko line but it kind of clashes with his personality.

Personally, I don't think he looks that bad on that shot. Despite the issue with "half-close" thing, his eyes looked a bit better here.

Now, for the episode:

Despite the animation issues, that was infinitely better than the previous episode. That was what I wanted out of a match to kickstart the tournament rather the whole fiasco with Alain (from which only the Chesnaught match was good). Clever tatics winning, game mechanics being shown... Despite the clear animation shortcomings, episode made up with better scripting. To be honest, it doesn't surprise me since it's coming from a "less obvious" match like Diantha vs Lance.

My only issue is that Lance kind of hold the idiot ball today. His battling was pretty much Kanto!Ash tier if you ask me. Maybe becoming champ of two regions got over his head? Still, Diantha won not by plot armor but by being the clearly superior battler.

All in all, good episode despite bad animation.

Jibanyan

This is one of the most fun battles this season even if the animation was ass, mostly because of Diantha tho. Not only she used strats but M8 is full of pseudos, KANTOOOO and "badass" Pokemon so she using Pokemon like Gourgeist and Aurorus was nice, also using attacks that aren't that common in the anime like the screens and Trick-or-Treat was interesting.