• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chande-LUREEE!!

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Chande-LURE

This team is my comeback to Pokemon after several months of not playing or keeping up with Smogon and is my first (original) team that I created on PO which I have just started using,before I was making all my teams on DS.

Overview:
I've originally designed this team to be a way for Chandelure to successfully sweep the opposing team.
So obviously Chandelure was my first choice.
Next I decided needed 2 "lures" for fire attacks so I can utilize Chandelures ability. I ended up using Scizor and Registeel.
Next I knew I couldn't just leave my team that fire weak even if I did have Chandelure,so I picked Latias as a team supporter and somewhat of a Calm Mind sweeper. Terrakion is my main physical attacker and gets rid of Volcarona,finally I chose Starmie to round out my team because it can Rapid Spin and get rid of Gliscor with Ice Beam,you may think that I have a ghost/dark weakness now but Registeel and Terrakion easily take care of such threats. Plus,dark/ghost ussualy aren't that big of offensive threats.

---------------------------------
Closer Look:

;212;
Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant
252 Attack 252 HP 4 Defense
Technician

Bullet Punch
U turn
Superpower
Pursuit

This guy is usually my starter and can rack up damage right from the start. Superpower is so Ferrothorn doesn't wall me,U turn safely switches me out if I decide another Pokemon needs to take the spotlight and Pursuit is mainly filler but can also be used for Gengar.
Scizor is also a lure for fire moves so I can switch into Chandelure and sweep.

;380;
Latias@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP 252 Defense 4 Speed
Levitate

Thunder Wave
Wish
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind

This unorthodox Latias is mainly used to absorb fire and water attacks and support the team with Wish,however it can also set up a mini sweep by using Calm Mind to bolster its special stats and Thunder Wave to make up for its unsupported speed,then use Dragon Pulse for consistent damage.

:639:
Terrakion@Life Orb
Adamant
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Justified

Rock Polish
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Taunt

This Terrakion is basically a copy of my AgiliGross as far as how I use him*except Taunt,which will really only be useful for Ferrothorn,Gliscor and Skarm. It's STABS give it great coverage in general and Life Orb makes up for not using Swords Dance. I'll usually switch this guy in on something like Volcarona and then Rock Polish my way to victory,priority attacks are a problem though.

;121;
Starmie@Leftovers
Timid
252 Special Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Natural Cure

Thunderbolt/HP Fire
Ice Beam
Surf
Rapid Spin

I use Starmie as an offensive Rapid Spinner. Ice Beam wrecks Dragons and Gliscor and will probably be my main attack. Surf is for STAB and taking down Terrakion and Volcarona on the spot. I thought about HP Fire since Ferrothorn is used a lot to set up. But ultimatley I decided it was more important to hit Gyarados and Jellicent hard since I already have Chandelure.

:609:
Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest
252 Special Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Flash Fire

Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

This guy is the star of the show. If I manage to activate Flash Fire it's almost easy pickings,Fire Blasting my way through teams that arent rain like a hot knife through butter. If I fail to get Flash Fire going,Energy Ball hits Swampert and Rotom-W pretty hard,and Shadow Ball surprises Reuniclus and un-scarfed Gengars and Latios. Flamethrower is a safer alternative to Fire Blast but I generally only use it for Ferrothorn,then switch out if I didn't get Flash Fire. I thought about using Modest for that extra OOMPH in my attacks but I decided that I needed all the speed I could get to truly guarantee a clean sweep.
Priority generally isn't a problem thanks to it's good typing.*

;379;
Registeel@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 156 Defense 96 Special Defense*
Clear Body

Curse
Amnesia
Earthquake
Iron Head

The other star of this show. Registeel has saved me from hopeless situations so many times. The idea is to switch into something that can't generally do much to it,like Rotom or Latios. As long as it's not switching into STAB Super effective attacks from 100+ base offensive stats it should be fine. Depending on what the enemy is throwing at me or if I know what he'll switch into,I can use Amnesia make myself impermeable on both sides and/or then use Curse to both make myself even harder to kill physically and slowly boost my Attack,all while having the healing support of Leftovers and/or a Wish left behind by Latias. After a couple Amnesias it's generally pretty easy to get to +6 attack using Curse,then I can use Earthquake and my STAB to run through an unprepared opponent. Once I'm at +6 Attack,Defense and Sp. Defense,Im pretty much unstoppable. The only variable that seem to hinder this set is of course,pHazers. I also have quite some trouble with Bronzong and Skarmory.

That's my team. Feel free to critique and make suggestions. *

Last edited:

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
maybe you can try a different lure for chandelure, maybe like ferro? i know its an obvious choice, but it can actually be really really strong, if you use it right

you can also try magnezone, lucario, metagross, forretress, jirachi, basically any steel type, sure they dont do exactly what you have registeel doing, but they are suggestions

also, once you do this trick once, they are more likely to know what your doing if they bring one of your two steels in, so just be careful of that

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Thanks for the suggestions! I was actually was considering replacing Scizor.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
NO! no no no no no no no no! absolutely not! scizor is way too good to replace, but if you want to try another scizor set, try this:

Scizor@Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant, Technician
252 hp/252 atk/4 spd

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Brick Break

this set lets you not have to switch against certain pokes, and makes you a major threat, even after 1 SD. With life orb, you get more power, but lefties lets you live a little longer

maybe try that set, and see how you fare with it

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Thanks! Ill definetly give that set a try,I'm tired of having to switch and 2 choice users limits me greatly.