• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Chandelure: Flash Fire or Flame Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer10913

The Ninja
I'm thinking of getting a Chandelure but I don't know which ability I want it to have.

Flash Fire: Powers up moves when hit by a Fire Type attack.

or

Flame Body: 30% for the opponent to get burned when using a physical attack on Chandelure.

Thoughts?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Chandelure can't take a hit, so use Flash Fire to get another immunity to switch in on. Chandelure is way too frail to abuse Flame Body.

Catfish

Flash Fire. I recently starting using a Flash Fire Chandalure in Random Matchup, and it's WAY better than my old Flame Body one.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Chandelure movesets and stuff!

flame body. its defense is kinda low @90, so burning it is a good idea. may i also reccomend a moveset?

@flamebody
overheat
shadow ball
energy ball
flamethrower

@flashfire
energyball
inferno
curse
trickroom/minimize

BTW, if u go w/ flashfire set, then ud probs make a better choice cuz chandelure might not even survive a phys attack, although u do get a freebe with no giga impact damage. BOTH SETS SHOULD HOLD LEFTOVERS. if it can survive attacks without flashfire, u prob want quick heal. especially if u playin competitive, cuz players will be aware of chance of having flash fire. :) UR WELCOME! lol

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I'm thinking of getting a Chandelure but I don't know which ability I want it to have.

Flash Fire: Powers up moves when hit by a Fire Type attack.

or

Flame Body: 30% for the opponent to get burned when using a physical attack on Chandelure.

Thoughts?

Flash Fire's better competitively, while Flame Body is nice for hatching eggs.

This is a discussion forum, not an advice column. Your decisions are yours to make, not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.