• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Change Your Passwords - Today's Occurrences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
UPDATE!

Smogon and Bulbapedia are down at the moment. And due to the hackers location, A.K.A the Netherlands, the government will not take any action immediately, if at all, to stop the hacker, if anybody was going to try to file a case or something.

Dude seriously Smogon isn't being hacked right now and neither is Bulbapedia. They are working on security. Just because they are down doesn't mean they are being hacked, there is a thing called maintenance and sites do go down during it. Just be patient it'll come back soon.

And no duh the governments not going to do anything, there are more important things to be taken care of than a person hacking a bunch of Pokemon sites on the internet. Does anyone understand that this is the internet? This happens ALL THE TIME. It's not the end of the world guys. There's no use in trying to get cops involved. So stop trying to take problems into your own hands and stop trying to bring the government into this. The hacker can still see what were doing and did it for a reaction, and you're giving her that reaction.It's been 4 days now I thought people would have settled down by now.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Hold on, if people know that she's loaded with money from hacking, how come she hasn't been caught yet and legal action hasn't been taken o_O_O ?
Because the legal system is complicated, and if she hacked a website based in her country, then they could get her in trouble if they caught her, but her IP is probably covered up by several proxies

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Well guy's. I know it's not Pokemon related, but Ubisoft was compromised. I also figured i'd share this news just incase some people here have a Ubisoft account, and weren't aware of the news. I have a Ubisoft account, because of Assassins Creed 3. I play it quite often. Pretty much this is just the same routine like it was here at Serebii. Change your passwords.

Heres a link to the article IGN wrote about it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/02/ubisofts-uplay-service-hacked

I originally copy and pasted the email I got from Ubisoft telling me to change my password in this post, but instead I just re-edited this post and pasted the link to IGN instead.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was able to log in just fine. Should I change my password of my account just in case?

For Serebii, Ubisoft, or any other website you are apart of that has been compromised, I recommend changing passwords just to be safe. I changed my passwords here, and at Ubisoft. I was able to log into my Ubisoft account right away, but I changed my password anyways to play it safe. :)

Giratina ally

2013 SF #401
You know she's not doing this right?

Smogon's just going over security.

Besides, why do you need Smogon?

If you need it to do competetive then the majority of the people here must not be creative or smart enough to make a team.

Yes I'm against Smogon.

I'm about to change my password, so as to avoid all this. Personally, I'm not anti-Smogon, I just dislike it. I find it is too easy to slap some sets other people came up with together and call it your team. I do use it now and again however if I need to read up on how a Pokemon is typically used (Dusknoir and Bisharp, for example).

Mr. Timn

with an "n"!
You know she's not doing this right?

Smogon's just going over security.

Besides, why do you need Smogon?

If you need it to do competetive then the majority of the people here must not be creative or smart enough to make a team.

Yes I'm against Smogon.

smogon is an online database just like serebii.net, just with different subject material, and they have a online forum community like serebii does too. there are a million reasons that someone might want smogon back up besides being uncreative or stupid. geez man.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Can we not have another pointless argument about the merits of smogon and competitive battling? It's off topic for starters.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I wouldn't rule out someone who was permabanned holding a major grudge.

UPDATE!

Smogon and Bulbapedia are down at the moment. And due to the hackers location, A.K.A the Netherlands, the government will not take any action immediately, if at all, to stop the hacker, if anybody was going to try to file a case or something.

Haha, this made my day.
Like any government doesn't has anything better to do than trying to find a hacker who hacked some pokemon forums.

Anyways, good thing the damage wasn't that big. But I guess things like these are just a part of the internet.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Dattebayo ... omg I forgot about him. And that other dude everyone campaigned for.
Oh the good times... and those that want to carry on the "legacy".

Question is if this person is openly attacking, why doesn't someone attack him/her?

EDIT: nvm apparently we are are more likely quicker to nuke a country than to apprehend a hacker... I lost sight of priorities.

Last edited:

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
Dattebayo ... omg I forgot about him. And that other dude everyone campaigned for.
Oh the good times... and those that want to carry on the "legacy".

Question is if this person is openly attacking, why doesn't someone attack him/her?

EDIT: nvm apparently we are are more likely quicker to nuke a country than to apprehend a hacker... I lost sight of priorities.
this was not Dattebayo at all the person has been attacking different things out through the net this person seems to done the most damage to smogon which is still down to this day hell even bulbagarden gotten attacked

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
i did change my password ( well forgot it had it reset and got a new one) but its still telling me to change it

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Is it likely that the hacker took my email account, but not my serebii account?

I can't access my email.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I don't know if anyone said this yet but Smogon's back on today.

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
Changed my password a few days ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.