• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Changes from RBY>FRLG

Chaos Rush

They have that little truck thing next to the SS Anne.
There's also truck in the original R/B/Y, too.

Erm, the game is on GBA while R/G/B/Y was on GB. It also has GBA graphics while R/G/B/Y had GB graphics.
Pokemon graphics have always sucked no matter what. (Except for the battle graphics. For some reason the overworld always looks terrible and the battles always looks wonderful).

You cannot put PokeBalls in your PC.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
[Ampharos];9292227 said:
Wow. That's some attention to detail right here.

I always remember liking mr.mime and wanting to use jynx but hated that they had unchangeable nicknames. Thanks to the lack of breeding that was the only way to obtain those pokemon. This version their nick names are more similar to the pokemon name. Jynx = Zynx for example.

Xewtwo

For one thing, the SPace Shuttle Columbia is now merely the Space Shuttle.

Mankey exists on the Route West of Viridian in both versions, while Nidoran were relegated to Mt. Moon.

There are more version exclusives, such as Slowpoke to LeafGreen and PSyduck to FireRed.

Dragonair can be found at level 30 in the Safrari Zone, while the Super Rod can now catch high-level pokemon instead of just levels 15.

Lance's pokemon, such as Barrier Dragonite, no longer have hacked movesets.

wes909

wait has any one mention the islands i cant rember were they in the origina also the battle frontier -tower which ever it is

ArabGamer

um i dont think that hack with missingo is there or that m guy u no the scribble scrabble

In those days games were alot harder to program,so there were quite alot of glitches,but they made FR/LG from scratch so obviously there won't be the missingno or 'M' glitches from the original games.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
The music is certainly easier on the ears. Not quite as catchy though.

Chaos Rush

In those days games were alot harder to program,so there were quite alot of glitches,but they made FR/LG from scratch so obviously there won't be the missingno or 'M' glitches from the original games.
You are incorrect.

In those days, games were no harder to program then they are now, just these days it simply takes a longer amount of time. The reason why there's all those glitches in R/B is because of coding inexperience.

And no, FR/LG was not built from scratch. Obviously the game is running on the same engine that R/S are, meaning to create FR/LG they took R/S's game engine and re-did all the maps and events. That's why data for the Acro bike can be found in FR/LG, and all trainer sprites from R/S can be found in FR/LG's game data.

mewfanforlife

Ummm.....Pikachu isn't a starter anymore

That's only a change from Yellow.

I noticed the nicknames for Farfetch'd anyways. I was expecting to receive "Dux" when I did the trade. I don't remember what the new name is though.

pokemon ruler

I like NOEIN
the tunnels and caves are a little bit longer (i know its sad that i know that they have 50 extra squares in each cave i counted)

Janovy

Banned
you cant catch Bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle...

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
That's only a change from Yellow.

I noticed the nicknames for Farfetch'd anyways. I was expecting to receive "Dux" when I did the trade. I don't remember what the new name is though.

I believe the new name is Ch'Ding?

Ruby_Kun

Pokemon now have genders instead of being its.

You can now catch shiny Pokemon.

There were many new items added such as held items.

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
Exclusives and the sevii islands.

Sevii Islands are a bonus training area and a bit extra to the storyline.