• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Changes to 4th Gen Competitive Battling NO GARCHOMP DISCUSSION!

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
It would be spammed with these two Pokemon. Maybe not Deoxys-S because of it's shallow defense and awful HP, But with Serene Grace and Seed Flare, Shaymin-S would definitely become commonplace and almost unrealistically unfair.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
It would be spammed with these two Pokemon. Maybe not Deoxys-S because of it's shallow defense and awful HP, But with Serene Grace and Seed Flare, Shaymin-S would definitely become commonplace and almost unrealistically unfair.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
OU would be broken with Shaymin-s. But, knowing that, priority users like Weavile, Mamoswine and Scizor will be used more. Scizor can switch on Seed Flare-locked Shaymin-s and Pursuit away. The next time it switches in, it would have had 40-30% left, due to switching in to SR 2x and hitting with a Pursuit.

Knowing that it might not be so broken after all, seeing Scizor is the #1 on the OU usages of June 2009.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I will have a Band Ninjask destroy them.

Lolpwnt

calum

Banned
No sillies

Dragonite and Crobat thanks to Inner Focus dont flinch from Air Slash, and have a 4x resist to seed flare.

Clear Bodies will also be seen a bit

Rad3n

Banned
Well we actually know the answer to this. Deoxys completely centralised the meta-game, while Shaymin cuts the usage numbers on a few things and reduces the amount of Pokemon using Earthquake. Spikes > SR > Sweep teams become extremely popular and Deoxys is banned again within a week. As for Shaymin, I have no idea. It's pretty BL Uber to me.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I think we would see a rise in Heatran usage, due to its 4x resistance to Seed flare and STAB fire attacks

Earth Power owns Heatran bad.

Scizor checks Choiced Shaymin-s, comes on in a Seed Flare, if it switches, its gonna get hit with a Pursuit. Add that to SR damage (and if it comes back) plus a Pursuit.

Dragonite could come in on non-HP Ice variants and KO with Fire Punch / Fire Blast.

the massive damage that these sweepers accumulate is often enough to alone destroy teams and it is an effective strategy if it is built around. In saying that it is seldom necessary to go to these measures to win as opposed to creating a regular team and as always it is a matter of preference.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
the massive damage that these sweepers accumulate is often enough to alone destroy teams and it is an effective strategy if it is built around. In saying that it is seldom necessary to go to these measures to win as opposed to creating a regular team and as always it is a matter of preference.

Kinder got it perfectly right here. If you want to use this strategy you have to build your team to deal with all the major priority users in the game. If you aren't using Lucario for this you will also need to have weather changers to get rid of SS and Hail, if you see it, to make sure that you can give that late game sweep. It is extremely powerful if pulled off right but it is not easy to do in todays metagame.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Shaymin -S would bring utter destruction to OU.

those attacking sats, plus the speed, would murder the other sweepers fast.

Deoxys-S wouldn't be too much of a threat, but a truely game breaking lead.
Spikes+SR+speed+thatmassivepower= purewin.

EDITZ:
Scizor checks Choiced Shaymin-s, comes on in a Seed Flare, if it switches, its gonna get hit with a Pursuit. Add that to SR damage (and if it comes back) plus a Pursuit.
Not if Shaymin-S has HP-Fire.

Last edited:

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Well, so far, in the UU Suspect Test vote, Crobat's 9-2 on its vote, 9 being its vote to BL, and the 2 being Abstain.

Honchkrow's 4 BL, 6 UU, and 1 Abstain. Appears it could be close for the crow to stay in UU.

Shaymin's at a landslide of 11 votes to BL.

Any comments, questions, etc?

phop

(D)
Well, so far, in the UU Suspect Test vote, Crobat's 9-2 on its vote, 9 being its vote to BL, and the 2 being Abstain.

Honchkrow's 4 BL, 6 UU, and 1 Abstain. Appears it could be close for the crow to stay in UU.

It is surprizing that so many have voted for Shaymin to BL, when I feel he is more than OU material for a number of reasons. It has great stats with 100 in each stat, acts as a good status asorber, has a great move-pool, etc. But on usage, I'll have to agree that's it's BL material, simply because it's very rarely seen in OU play.

Naxte

I find Crobat quite interesting. Last time, it was unanimously voted UU. Now that majority is shifting to BL. I really don't think Crobat really got better in-between, at least not to that large of a degree, so the complete flip-flop on the opinion of its status has me quite intrigued.

phop said:
It is surprizing that so many have voted for Shaymin to BL, when I feel he is more than OU material for a number of reasons. It has great stats with 100 in each stat, acts as a good status asorber, has a great move-pool, etc. But on usage, I'll have to agree that's it's BL material, simply because it's very rarely seen in OU play.
I think that might be because Celebi pretty much does what Shaymin-L does, but a bit better, and it's silly to have both on your team, and thus Celebi frequently is used enough to make it to OU, whereas Shaymin-L isn't. And since, other than the ban lists, the Smogon tiers are based on usage, BL really would be where it belongs.

Last edited:

calum

Banned
Dragonite could come in on non-HP Ice variants and KO with Fire Punch / Fire Blast

Draggy gets Ice Beam as well

Ryu-San

If they were allowed, then in everyones sigs it would say
MY RULES: no hax pokemonz srs i can tell
NO Shaymin S or Deoxys-S

Just like they all did before Garchomp was uber

yay first serebii post

I find this thread rather silly, because we've allowed Deoxys-E and Shaymin-S in OU for a considerable length of time.

They were considered broken (not so much Shaymin-S, but Deoxys-E in particular), and banished to Ubers.

goldfan

playing an ish game
I think Crobat should be BL, but I am surprised that it was voted so. It is a borderline case, isn't it, similar to that of Clefabe who I also think should be BL. Shaymin is a good decision, it'll be intereting to see how Donphan plays now as all of it's other bulky water counters are more passive, switching Shaymin in takes you straight onto the offensive, but that can't be said of bulky Waters, especially if they get hit by a solid EQ on the way in =/