• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Changing Titles

I named my story Aura because I liked it, partially because it was a word that wasn't used too often. Or so I thought. Because now I see the word constantly, especially here due to Lucario. I'm quite disappointed that it's not as original as I thought and for awhile now I've been contemplating changing it.

So, I wanted opinions. Do you guys think that's a valid reason for a change? And have you ever changed your title after using one for so long?

duncan

I've run through three Blazing Dreams sagas, all of course with different names, but I've never actually changed the name of one of my fics after I've done any kind of major writing done on it at all. However, yeah I do see your point here. In my opinion, if you're not happy with your title and have a good reason to change it (like here) I see no problem with changing it. You can't have your fic blending in, can you? ;)

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Hmm. Just now on AIM you told me you'll be changing the supergroup's name, too. It's hard to figure out the name of an organization. The name Justice League was used because well, they're a group of the world's greatest heroes and Fantastic Four was called that because the four have fantastic abilities.

Since this is a reboot of your Starboltsverse characters, you'll have to think a bit about the names. They're a young group if I am not mistaken. Try to take a cue from other young teams like:

Teen Titans
New Mutants
New Warriors
Young Justice

You don't need to have New, Teen or Young in the group name. Thosse are just examples. Try to find something that's epic while at the same time gives the reader an idea of the premise since Avengers avenge. X-Men though is a different story. The X stands for the mutant gene and extra powers.

So, try to link the premise of the group with the name.

LX

duncan said:
I've run through three Blazing Dreams sagas, all of course with different names, but I've never actually changed the name of one of my fics after I've done any kind of major writing done on it at all. However, yeah I do see your point here. In my opinion, if you're not happy with your title and have a good reason to change it (like here) I see no problem with changing it. You can't have your fic blending in, can you?
If the sagas were all done as different fics then different titles are okay with that. I've only posted two chapters on Aura with only three more currently in the process of being worked on, so I haven't done anything 'major' to it either.

And yes, the blending in thing is exactly what makes me not as fond of my current title as I was when I chose to use it. ^_^;

Just now on AIM you told me you'll be changing the supergroup's name, too.
The story is named after the team so it should have been apparent that the team name was changing as well. :p

The name Justice League was used because well, they're a group of the world's greatest heroes and Fantastic Four was called that because the four have fantastic abilities. Avengers avenge. X-Men though is a different story. The X stands for the mutant gene and extra powers.
I'm disappointed that you thought those names needed explaining. As if I didn't already know why they're named that. XP

They're a young group if I am not mistaken. Try to take a cue from other young teams like:

Teen Titans
New Mutants
New Warriors
Young Justice

You don't need to have New, Teen or Young in the group name. Those are just examples. Try to find something that's epic while at the same time gives the reader an idea of the premise since Avengers avenge. X-Men though is a different story. The X stands for the mutant gene and extra powers.
Kenny and Sonya may be only 14 and 15 but Annel and Blair are 19 while Celes is 22 so I wouldn't quite group them with the other 'young' teams. Also, I told you the purpose of this thread wasn't asking for names but simply on people's thoughts of changing titles after a story has been established.