• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Channel and Colosseum event pokemon

kylie123

flying ninja monkey
I have a few questions about the pokemon Channel Jirachi ...

Does anyone know if the OT is supposed to be male(CHANNEL) or female(CHANNEL) ?

bulbapedia says it can be either (CHANNEL)...

pokemongts says it's male only*

pokemonsecure says it's male only*

*though one of these two could be getting their information from the other

I hack checked it here and got two answers: one said red the other said blue :/

serebii's event database doesn't specify OT gender

so I'm at a loss ...

my logic tells me that is can be either and that since most pokemon players are male and OT gender (even with set OT names) is sometimes determined by the gender of the trainer in the game recieving the event that most legit CHANNEL Jirachi (Jirachis ?) OTs are male(blue) ... does anyone know definitively (first hand or from debuging the channel game personally)

also can anyone say for certain that the CHANNEL Jirachi can or can not be legitimately recieved from the game cube as shiny ... and for that matter the Ageto(AGATO) Celebi or the WISHMKR Jirachi from Colosseum ...

I have read that someone figured out; for the WISHMKR Jirachi at least, that the games go through a shiny check twice, once for each game (blowing the chances back to like 1:6.7 million) once on the colosseum on the game cube game and once on Ruby or Sapphire (or FRLG ?), but that's just something I read online, so it's utter speculation (but nevertheless the best information I've got to go on)

can anyone help with either, both/all or any part of this quandry ?

Blazios

Bulbapedia's right about the gender. I've had it be a female OT several times myself and I'm male.

kylie123

flying ninja monkey
Bulbapedia's right about the gender. I've had it be a female OT several times myself and I'm male.

but have you ever had it be blue/male ?

edit: has anyone ?

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
From my understanding, unless you causght it yourself, events in 3rd gen had a red OT. I could be wrong about this, but I'm sure the differences werent brought up until 4th gen.