• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Now that I see this episode for a second time and it's not that I don't feel any less sorry for May for losing her second Grand Festival in a row, but I still wonder why she didn't get this upset over losing the first one?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was really impressed with the teamwork between Drew's Absol and Flygon as well as the combination of May's Combusken and Squirtle. I was upset by May's loss against Solidad though; I always assumed that Solidad was strong, but seeing her Slowbro and Pidgeot beat May's Munchlax and Combusken so easily made me cringe. Alas.

JudySpell

Banned
In all honesty I thought May should've lost to Drew because his battle plan had more depth. Solidad seemed like a typical Mary Sue though. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Drew's Flygon and Absol showed great teamwork, so I thought he was going to beat May at first. Ash catching Aipom was cool and it was odd how Solidad owned three species of pokemon that Ash once owned. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
One of my favorite episodes: the battle was intense, though I didn't like how Flygon was K.O'ed so quick. Then again it wasn't nearly as bad as the May/Harley battle where one Shadow Ball slayed Cacturne.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The battle between May and Drew was really cool. I loved how the animators showed the attacks being used and hitting the Pokemon without using those "anime backgrounds" when an attack is launched and hit like they usually do.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The battle between May and Drew was really cool. I loved how the animators showed the attacks being used and hitting the Pokemon without using those "anime backgrounds" when an attack is launched and hit like they usually do.

Yeah, for once in AG the animators pulled all the stops and gave us a Contest match where the animation matched the flow and tension of the battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how resilient Shuu's Flygon and Absol were in the first half of the Grand Festival match, I was surprised that they lost to Wakasyamo and Zenigame. I liked the callback to Heath's fire and water combination at the end though, and Haruka versus Saori was decent as well even though Haruka predictably lost. Satoshi finally capturing the Eipam was a relief, too.

Daizy

I call you honey
So in the end May finally beat Drew and did better then in Hoenn's GF, but May's Munchlax and Combusken lost to Soledad's Pidgeot and Slowbro. What a sad ending this was.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Haruka seemed gracious even when she lost to Saori, which I loved since she could've easily cried or sulked instead. I was proud of how mature Haruka now seemed.

Ash catches Aipom and everyone is watching (even the Magikarp salesman lol) and Scott RANDOMLY shows up
May vs Drew might be better than Dawn vs Zoey and it was a great battle. And then Solidad comes, we don't see most of the battle, and May loses? MAY VS DREW SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FINAL AND MAY SHOULD HAVE WON
Love Brock and Ash comforting May
I wonder if May was going to give that rose to Drew...

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Just like Soledad said “This battle took my breath away” it’s one of the best contest battles!