• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

HoennMaster

Squritle beating Flygon, great, just what everybody wanted!

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
HoennMaster said:
Squritle beating Flygon, great, just what everybody wanted!
I hope thats a joke.

Ok May beat drew went on to lose to Saori, not really surprising. Saori with Pidgeot didn't see that one coming. Good though, maybe it will get Ash thinking about his pidgeot (o who am I kidding that will never happen).
And im with everyone who says "frick" or "damn" or anything bad about squirtle beating flygon. I have to watch this episode to see how it went down.

Damn you people really hate Aipom dont you. Still though I like it and im sure ~.Combusken.~ would agree with me that giving it swift is good indeed. But please as much as i like it i dont want it to take part in the final facility for ash. I want a rematch of Sceptile vs. Regirock.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
For once, I probably won't mind if Squirtle took down Flygon with Ice Beam (after all Flygon has a 4x weakness to ice, and Lance's Gyarados ingame easily fails to my lvl45 Pikachu's Thunderbolt, so no large loss). I would rather see how it happened, though.

Kabuto

little punks!
MAY WON?! I am happy for change but unhappy for dues ex. A Combusken and a baby Squirtle (which the writers love) beat an Absol and Flygon. How sad.

Aipom better get an evolution or make itself useful.

K

---Kyogre007---

I'm not going to say anything before I can see everything with my own eyes. And it will be tomorrow.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Yay! ^^

Ash caught Aipom!

That is so awesome!!!!!! :D

And of course, since he has an Aipom now, that would make it very convenient for the writers to plan on giving us another great filler episode. *cough it involves Aipom's tears cough* XD

Hehe, I would love that so much. XD

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm so mad she beat Drew. I can't see any non cheap way she could have defeated two big powerhouses with a friggin Squirtle and Combusken. Something tells me it was a real Deux Ex type win, and that really makes me mad

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I can buy Combusken being a match for Absol, no problem. But Flygon, if anything, comes across as even more powerful than Absol. It's like the writers wanted a Combusken VS Absol showdown, realised, "oh damn, that big swoopy dragon's in the way... quick, get rid of it!", and made Squirtle zap Flygon out of the sky in one hit. Bah.

Or maybe I should watch the battle first before ranting. :p

Sadly, Combusken learning Overheat (it doesn't learn that move naturally, does it?) sounds as though it might be almost as deus ex-ish as Squirtle learning Ice Beam. I hope that isn't the case.

I am so happy that May FINALLY beat Drew. It doesn't bother me at all that Squirtle (probably) took down Flygon. It is a perfectly plausible win, and I feel bad for the little blue guy.

Overheat??? Jeez just put another spike in poor Torkoal's heart. It should have been Blaze.

I don't see the problem with Aipom. However I'm curious to know how it battles.

Saori has Pidgeot=Awesome. Too bad we'll never see her again.

So May has improved. Top 4 is pretty impressive.

Kabuto

little punks!
I can buy Combusken being a match for Absol, no problem. But Flygon, if anything, comes across as even more powerful than Absol. It's like the writers wanted a Combusken VS Absol showdown, realised, "oh damn, that big swoopy dragon's in the way... quick, get rid of it!", and made Squirtle zap Flygon out of the sky in one hit. Bah.

If that was the case, you'd think they'd have Masquerain fight instead. Another thing, Combusken against Saori's powerful water arsenal isn't too smart. Oh well, the anime has never had type matter anyway.

Rancid Meat that could be why they gave Saori a Pidgeot in an attempt to make us buy the fact that Combusken was a kinda good choice :/

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Torkoal Stu said:
Rancid Meat that could be why they gave Saori a Pidgeot in an attempt to make us buy the fact that Combusken was a kinda good choice :/

But Flying > Fighting.

...meh, let's just pray the writers aren't losing their logic of Pokemon.